Replace spark plugs

Hlkh

1st Gear

Hi Vtim,

Driving a FL Getz.

Using orginanl Hyundai NGK spark plugs.

Thanks for advising!

↡ Advertisement

Thanks Vtim! Finally got my wrench and a set of plugs. Got the plugs changed myself.

Feels good after change

When would i know if the spark plugs need to be replaced? Normally after how many km? What are the symtoms?

Or you be garang and don't change, take them out and gap them to the correct gap size and continue driving for another 10k. Rinse repeat until there is almost no more head left on the spark plug. laugh.gif

You need a spark plug gapping tool for this.

Hmmm....more tools to make a man feel like man.....sly.gif

Neutral Newbie
Yo ! That is a No No to grease your plugs ! High temperature grease or not, nothing can withstand the kind of heat that would be put up from the combustion chambers ! In my many years of automotive working, never heard of putting high temperature grease onto the plugs ! The grease would eventually burn and freeze the plugs if you don't remove them on time.

Just use a new set of plugs or make sure the old one is very clean....use a wire brush to get rid of all the carbon build up on the thread.

CBX

The grease to use is comma copper ease, a very high temperature grease you smear sparingly on the thread of the plug to prevent seizure the next time u remove the plug. BTW, this stuff is also good for applying on the backside of brake pads to prevent squeals.

Neutral Newbie

after i see the tons of spark plugs in the bin today.. feel so tempted to get a gapping tool, free plugs for life laugh.gif

any lobang? sly.gif

(edited)

To destress the copper washer ( to make it soft) just heat up with a butane torch or do it at your gas cooker - then let is cool down. This way you need not have to replace the copper washer for a long time.

Appreciate very much for your support - Thank You !!

Edited by Yeobh

dun la pay some money get better professionals

IMHO, I don't think that these "professionals", that you are referring to, are following the recommended Torque when they tighten the plugs shakehead.gifshakehead.gifshakehead.gif

↡ Advertisement