Replace spark plugs

Hlkh

Yup the intake manifold. Itâs quite a pain.

Google hr15de engine spark plug replacement.

Damned! Reminds me of the Megane Headlight bulb replacement. And of my own Focus MkII cabin filter replacement... *puke*
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

just go buy the spark plug tool. DIY. labor free. Changing spark plugs is easy for normal jap models. But it nissan than i suggest you get workshop to do it.

btw,  is the tool of a standard size ? coz when i googled, there were like 14mm, 16 mm etc ....

btw,  is the tool of a standard size ? coz when i googled, there were like 14mm, 16 mm etc ....

depends on what spark plug size you using. the normal and common size is 16mm.

if you driving honda. than will be 16mm.

Edited by StreamRSZ
  • Praise 1

Try this type, EACH SOLD Separately.

The socket for spark plug usually is long and come with a rubber grommet one, to hold the plug.

No need torque ranch lor, NGK (Kia Official OEM Part Manufacturer) and Denso has a simple installation of their plug.  Example, turn with hand until stop, tighten by turning 270 degree.

It is going to be easy peasy.

I think Socket about $5 and the Extender $7.  As for the ranch is a heirloom passed from grand pa to pa pa to me lor

i bought before ... and it broke when i was changing the plug ... took me a while to remove the broken part of the tool .... after that, i don't wan to do it anymore.

maybe i'll just buy a set and wait for my next servicing then tell the w/s to change for me ... maybe pay more lor ...

post-170907-0-46416000-1535462582_thumb.jpg

post-170907-0-71081900-1535462616_thumb.jpg

post-170907-0-12911700-1535462632_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

Twincharged

Try this type, EACH SOLD Separately.

The socket for spark plug usually is long and come with a rubber grommet one, to hold the plug.

No need torque ranch lor, NGK (Kia Official OEM Part Manufacturer) and Denso has a simple installation of their plug.  Example, turn with hand until stop, tighten by turning 270 degree.

It is going to be easy peasy.

I think Socket about $5 and the Extender $7.  As for the ranch is a heirloom passed from grand pa to pa pa to me lor

the extender and wrench i have, only the socket only i dunno which on to get ... but i was told 16mm.

the extender and wrench i have, only the socket only i dunno which on to get ... but i was told 16mm.

get the 16mm you wont go wrong. you driving honda right?

Supercharged

mine is thin wall type with magnet insert

for some twin cam engine with small diameter spark plug tunnel

p1.jpg?ct=a85de9ac1e7d

I think 14mm usually for 1000cc engine or motorcycle engine. 16mm cannot be wrong for most car ba..

Sungei Road, Kelatan Lane there got a few HW shop, I bought there one.  As usual, they tend to ANYHOW sell.

Then eat Laska.

Supercharged

I think 14mm usually for 1000cc engine or motorcycle engine. 16mm cannot be wrong for most car ba..

Sungei Road, Kelatan Lane there got a few HW shop, I bought there one.  As usual, they tend to ANYHOW sell.

Then eat Laska.

size of the spark plug/socket is independent of the size of the engine it fires  :D

I have three sizes in my toolbox

20.8mm

18mm

16mm

guess what, the 16mm is for my car and motorcycle, the other two sizes are for motorcycle

• Praise 1

When you're buying the tool consider this:

1. It is possible for the magnet to drop off or attached itself to the plug, when pulling it out.

2, with the rubber grommet inset, sometimes the rubber attached itself to the plug, then I wonder where it went, when I was trying to undo the 2nd plug.

3. the clip type from Koken (made in Japan) is probably the best, but you need to spend more, and not so appropriate if you're only doing plug change once in a while.

But do remember when you DIY,

The plug thread is fine pitch, so it is very easy to cross-thread and damage it.

Damage plug thread is ok, you can replace with new one, but when you damage the hole thread, it's going to be expensive repair.

So take care, be careful.

• Praise 1

Do you all change spark plugs routinely at recommended intervals?

My Thai car supposed to change at 60k (though us model supposed to change at 100k). But just feels normal to me.

My Thai car supposed to change at 60k (though us model supposed to change at 100k). But just feels normal to me.

Yes.

I have seen ppl who dont...then when their car starts jerking/choking when they drive they start to panic.

Yes.

I have seen ppl who dont...then when their car starts jerking/choking when they drive they start to panic.

Thanks. Last time just let AD handle. Now must take note.

If hit 60k I would definitely change.

I use to change mine at 20k.

4 copper plugs $10 and DIY.

:D

Now I think 20k is too often. 40k better.

Spark plugs to change at 60k is stated in the manual? Usually iridium plugs nowadays are to be replaced at 100k. I replaced mine at 80k during major servicing just to be safe.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1