Toyota Corona (Big backside version)

Guyver

Neutral Newbie

I am currently driving the corona (AT210).

what is the difference between AT190 and AT210? can anybody advice me?

Bro, did you do anything to your ride? where to get the accessories for this model? like crystal clear front lights, door visors and so on...

I drove up to north last weekend and searched for parts for AT190, couldn't manage to get one... sad sad...

Neutral Newbie

Wow ! Such a old thread sia..lately I noticed alot of big backside Corona on the road and still in good condition.

yes. this is an old thread. luckily, i can manage to dig this thread out.

any AT190 owners/x-owners, please feel free to join here and give tips to the newbees..

appreicate that & thanks.

what is the difference between AT190 and AT210? can anybody advice me?

Bro, did you do anything to your ride? where to get the accessories for this model? like crystal clear front lights, door visors and so on...

I drove up to north last weekend and searched for parts for AT190, couldn't manage to get one... sad sad...

The rear design and the front bumper and foglights are noticeably different. The licence plate for AT190 is at the bumper while for AT210, it's between the lights. I'm not sure if the dimensions of the front headlights are the same between the two generations but I suspect not. In Singapore, just about everything else is the same. Note that the AT210 is an early version of the Toyota Premio that you can see running about on the streets today.

It's only overseas where you can find the 2 litre Coronas that you will find a major difference. The 3S-GE engine was available for the AT190 but only the 3S-FE was available for the AT210. FYI the 3S-GE is the same engine as the one found in the MR2 and Altezza RS200. The 3S-FE is the vastly less powerful fuel economical version of the same engine. In Singapore, almost all the Coronas were sold with the 1.6 litre 4A-FE engine, same as the one found in the AE101 Corolla. Some may have gotten the 1.8 litre version with the 7A-FE engine.

yes. this is an old thread. luckily, i can manage to dig this thread out.

any AT190 owners/x-owners, please feel free to join here and give tips to the newbees..

appreicate that & thanks.

The best tip that I can give for the AT190 is the same one that I tell people who ask about AE101s. Don't spend your money on mods first until you have replaced every single wear and tear part and ensured that every component of your car is running in tip-top condition. Bombproof as the old Toyotas are, our cars are 18 years old and frankly, not many people knew how to take care of a car properly. The driving experience differs a lot between a well cared for and restored Corolla/Corona and one that has only had basic maintenance done over the years with all the wear and tear parts ignored. The Corona is actually quite huge and comfy inside. [:)]

cheers dude! i'm driving ur little cousin series, toyota starlet ep80. u might wanna seek help from the starlet drivers in the starlet forum.

just to side track, i kinda of regret not getting the ae101. :(

Neutral Newbie

The rear design and the front bumper and foglights are noticeably different. The licence plate for AT190 is at the bumper while for AT210, it's between the lights. I'm not sure if the dimensions of the front headlights are the same between the two generations but I suspect not. In Singapore, just about everything else is the same. Note that the AT210 is an early version of the Toyota Premio that you can see running about on the streets today.

It's only overseas where you can find the 2 litre Coronas that you will find a major difference. The 3S-GE engine was available for the AT190 but only the 3S-FE was available for the AT210. FYI the 3S-GE is the same engine as the one found in the MR2 and Altezza RS200. The 3S-FE is the vastly less powerful fuel economical version of the same engine. In Singapore, almost all the Coronas were sold with the 1.6 litre 4A-FE engine, same as the one found in the AE101 Corolla. Some may have gotten the 1.8 litre version with the 7A-FE engine.

That is the very good information bro. Finally, i know that mine is AT210. The rear number place is on the back boot cover between the two tail lights. Frankly, I am looking for the cosmetic accessories for this model and i found it very difficult to find parts for this model. For the time being, i am looking for door visors and the tweeter which comes on the front door panels orginally with the car. Can advise me where to get those parts or accessories? Can advise me wehther AT210 parst are similar to AE101 or not!.Thanks.

u can try ong boon kwee (scrapyard) located at woodlands industrial park E1..u haf to google for the address. last time can go to seng tat but now its closed down already. i think OBK should haf the window visors. should be abt 40/4 pieces

Yep OBK is unit 52. Quite famous for their parts for the older Toyota cars. Note that the AE101's parts will not fit the larger AT210 or AT190. If you haven't been to a scrapyard before, note also that they only accept cash.

Turbocharged

OT abit..does singapore has corona tat is above 1.6L?

my dad's yr 1991 corona was 2.0L

that time when i was driving it, it was powerful and spacious [thumbsup]

cost about $120+k then [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

Sorry anyone knows where to get AT190 front fog light? i have been around yards and found none so far...

Neutral Newbie

Hello everybody.

I'm driving AT190 auto :wub:

wonder still how many people were still driving this model?

Got lobang to get crystal head lamp?

Neutral Newbie

Hello everybody.

I'm driving AT190 auto :wub:

wonder still how many people were still driving this model?

Got lobang to get crystal head lamp?

crystal head lamp meaning the glass type 1?

Neutral Newbie

like this lor

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images...10030_large.jpg

anybody know or try used 7AFE fuel injector load into 4AFE engine? how is't?

I believe fuel usage should up but will it give any trouble like engine over heat or choke?

fuel consume over by 10% is ok if power gain torque sufficient to have good drive car over taking and hill climb.

↡ Advertisement