Alpine Motors

Benson

Neutral Newbie

guess some of you know that Chevy has appointed Alpine Motors as the new distributor and service partner.

read today's ST for the ads.

Here's AM's details:

Boon Lay Showroom:

8 Boon Lay Way, #01-24/25/26 Tradehub21

Singapore 609964

Tel: 6316 5335 Fax: 6316 5333

Bukit Timah Showroom:

833 Bukit Timah Road, #01-01 Royalville

Singapore 279887

Tel: 6469 9998 Fax: 6469 3188

Service Center in Sin Ming.

After my bad experience with SA, i welcome the new change and hoepfully bring in better service. with competition, i foresee the price for new cars will go down and you can ask for better freebies.

solely my opinion: if you are thinking of getting the new Aveo, you can now have the option to ask both AM and SA, see which gives better offer.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi there,

Doubt they will. Since bought from StarsAuto service at their service centre, from Alpine go back to Alpine although both servicing the same badge.

Weird but that's the way it being done...hopefully GM can do something about it since they talk about strengthening the brand and both to work in cooperation...or...just makes me wonder...like two plants fighting for sunlight...one dies in the end...

btw, my two cents' worth not presenting any sides...

Neutral Newbie

actually i am quite clueless on the warranty part, other than i know i got free servicing (labor only, engine oil and parts still chargeable) for 1K, 5K and 10K, i vaguely know i got warranty for 3 years.

what does the warranty covers? if there are mechanical fault within the 3 years, am i covered fully on parts and services?

If i bring my car to outside for the 20K or 30K service, will it void the warranty?

Coming back to AM and SA, i guess it will be unfair to get AM to honour the warranty servicing when you buy the car from SA as the $$$ upfront goes to SA pockets. Vice versa.

All I can say is F lah! GM should make both of them honor warranty. The car is Chevrolet. A brand of GM. The car is not a brand of SA or AM.

This kind of Cina-centric way of doing business should be left to die and fed to the dogs. Both the dealers should concentrate on selling the cars. They should with GM appoint authorized workshops to service the Chevies. This is a win-win situation. The dealers live, the workshops live. Everyone can get a piece of the pie. Dealers with workshops are obese and laden with fat. They should DIE!

Look at how obese and fat BM is now. Getting bigger and bigger and bigger all because they have to house a bigger and bigger servicing complex just to eat into owners pockets. All for the sake of "honoring warranty" if you send your car to service with us. Its just another way to EXTORT money! Its a never ending circle of death. The costs just gets higher and higher with poorer and poorer quality of service with longer and longer queues just to get a simple job like draining some black stuff out of your car. mad.gif

These are grocery getter cars! Not Rolls-Royce or Aston Martin which I must say best have a dedicated workshop.

So far, I must say AM is making the right moves. I hope this style of operating shakes up the whole industry here. When I mean industry, it doesn't mean the car retail industry only. Even the workshops get improved and cleaned with efficiency in mind. People serious about their jobs because instead of one player swallowing the whole pie, you get it nicely distributed. Earnings might be less but everyone is happy.

SA belongs is under Wearnes Automotive. No, they didn't lose their AD. They are still an AD. I think GM wants to create a stir in the local market. We already have PIs bringing in stuff. The good PIs are actually smart. They just sell cars and they shake hands with a workshop to provide aftersales servicing.

You know how bloody expensive it is to keep a workshop running? Its the labor cost that kills. What these AD are doing is keeping fats and running an every growing Godzilla that keeps feeding and feeding due to increased client numbers from the cars they sell! Bigger showrooms with equally bigger AD workshops is not the solution to keeping customers happy. There are way a lot more workshops out there. Why re-invent the wheel!

Compare the mechanic to the sales exec selling the cars. The SE is a ruthless selling machine. A soldier that keeps the cars going out. He is the one generating the most money and he is cheaper to maintain. Not the workshop! Let someone else run the workshop for crying out loud!

Edited by Genie47

Neutral Newbie

hmmm....i wonder cars bought from SA, can they service at AM Workshop?

i did call up SA to check, they seem reluctant to give me AM's workshop number. [:/]

Neutral Newbie
[laugh] .....cannot leh.....my boss kept pestering me to trade in for zoom-zoom. i [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop] ....... [laugh] my Aveolution oni 2yrs old nia. if sell, strip pants. [laugh]

then u counter offer lah. if he strip his pants, then u can keep urs liao ma. [:p] if boss is a [gorgeous] then different story liao. [laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

[laugh][laugh][laugh] ......think i'll juz drive my Chevy for time being.

has been serving me well...for past 2yrs....from Pt A - B - A. [:)][thumbsup]

Edited by Ah_veo

Neutral Newbie

yep,juz beside LTA. but the workshop belongs to AM. totally not related to SA.

AM does not hv our car's servicing records. for warranty issues,gota go back SA ubi or lengkee. seems like this 2 company though sell the same brand, they dun compliment one another. they are direct rival for market shares!

hmmm....i wonder cars bought from SA, can they service at AM Workshop?

i did call up SA to check, they seem reluctant to give me AM's workshop number. unsure.gif

of course leh....rivals mah. mutually exclusive

The workshop in sin ming i use to see cause i always go there as my friend shop is there ...... only a few chevy there daily not much.

↡ Advertisement