Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
60 replies to this topic | 44 praises

Posted 10 May 2006 - 01:40 PM

Gothviruz
  • Gothviruz
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I've seen some cars has aftermarket audio controls installed to the steering wheel.
Where to get this and ard how much does it cost?

Posted 10 May 2006 - 01:43 PM

Speedstep1
  • Speedstep1
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

most of e case, e remote comes from e same maker as e HU. eg Blaunkpunt have a steerin remote tat is fasten to e wheel & controls e HU via IR. alternatively, u can make 1 urself thumbsup.gif

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:22 PM

Bluesbro
  • Bluesbro
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Can try the steering remote from Pioneer, its a snug fit on my steering ... cost abt $60-70 ... of course you gotta have Pioneer HU to begin with scholar.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00397.JPG

Edited by Bluesbro, 11 May 2006 - 02:26 PM.

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:10 PM

Bobcatsysop
  • Bobcatsysop
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Bro,
Just asking if this steering remote has good enough controls for normal frequent access?
Where did you install this?
I am considering whether to buy this or not.. Any comments please?

Edited by Bobcatsysop, 15 May 2006 - 07:11 PM.

aka Bob|Nissan Sunny Biege PFL-N16|Pioneer DEH-P80RS 2-way active|Focal Utopia 165W|Steg K24 x 2|Sub Earthquake SWS-10|Steg QM120.2X|Monster RCA 402 XLN|Monster XP® Compact White Flat Speaker Cables 14-awg|1.3F Cap Connection Audison BSF13|2xEz-Stab

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:16 PM

Blackmafia
  • Blackmafia
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Many shops carrying Pioneer HU should carry such remote. Im using HU 8650 but when I fix the remote to my ride..it doesn't work very well. Tried it at all sort of angle but still.. thumbsdown.gif I would suggest you try first before you commit.

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:18 PM

Bobcatsysop
  • Bobcatsysop
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Bro,
Thanks for the warning.. Appreciate it.
Perhaps it's the car's position of the steering wheel angle with the remote on the HU?
aka Bob|Nissan Sunny Biege PFL-N16|Pioneer DEH-P80RS 2-way active|Focal Utopia 165W|Steg K24 x 2|Sub Earthquake SWS-10|Steg QM120.2X|Monster RCA 402 XLN|Monster XP® Compact White Flat Speaker Cables 14-awg|1.3F Cap Connection Audison BSF13|2xEz-Stab

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:30 PM

Julian_lee
  • Julian_lee
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hmm I'm wondering as well if there is ready made General Remote for Alpine HU as well?

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:36 PM

Blackmafia
  • Blackmafia
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Not too sure on that one..after trying out for some time...gave the idea up.. sweatdrop.gif

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:47 PM

Bobcatsysop
  • Bobcatsysop
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Are you still having the remote that can try out on my ride?

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:48 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bro,

side track a bit...

I saw this: 2xEZ-Stab Voltage Stabilizers (1 at alternator, 1 at battery)

so at the alternator, where did you put the Positive and Negative?

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:58 PM

Bobcatsysop
  • Bobcatsysop
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Bro,
Just PM reply to you already.

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:07 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thanks..

As for your audio control, the blaunpunk have one type that is thru IR and feedback from some is that it's fairly good but could be rather slow compared to those original steering wheel control system. But I see that you have a pioneer HU, so maybe you can ask to see if their remote can be use on yours. Frankly, I find that it kind of get in your way.

Actually I have been driving cars with both steering wheel control and those without. Other than the volume control, the rest are norm, meaning you can do with them also unless you have player that support MP3, thus you need to scroll a long time to get to the song you want.

I would suggest you to get the Harman Kardon thingy that can be hook up to your iPod. That is a much better sound control and you get your own "i-drive" sly.gif

Edited by Sony, 15 May 2006 - 08:09 PM.

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:15 PM

Bobcatsysop
  • Bobcatsysop
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Bro,

<<
Other than the volume control, the rest are norm, meaning you can do with them also unless you have player that support MP3, thus you need to scroll a long time to get to the song you want.>>

Pioneer has their own steering remote but according to one bro here, sometimes, certain cars cannot work properly, I heard Altis is one of the cars if I am not mistaken.

Posted 16 May 2006 - 01:31 AM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It would be better to test it out...

And the most impt factor is that you feel good using that control. It shouldn't take your eye off the run and have your mind running which button to press to get which effect.

Posted 16 May 2006 - 09:32 AM

Bluesbro
  • Bluesbro
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Its quite easy to install by urself, juz have to secure the strap and slot in the remote ... as for the usage, its works fine for me, used to put it on the right hand side of the steering, but then there some problems, so transferred it to the left side and mounted it upside down and it works perfectly now thumbsup.gif

Posted 16 May 2006 - 09:55 AM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    Supercharged
    Author Image

if installed on the left cannot put it upright?

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:42 AM

Bobcatsysop
  • Bobcatsysop
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Bro,
<>

Got the message.

<>>

Thanks.. yeah.. and that's the purpose of having this remote control... to keep your eyes on the road.

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:42 AM

Muakmuak
  • Muakmuak
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

hi bro, i think the catch is to install it on the left side and importantly upside down!

left side of steering wheel bcos it is in closer range to yr HU. it also depends on where is the IR receiever on yr HU.

upside down bcos of the position of IR outlet on remote control.

i have 2 colleagues using it with no problem. Altis and Prado. i tried meddling with it and it seems it is working well with my 8650. now i also a bit gian gian liao...

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:44 AM

Bobcatsysop
  • Bobcatsysop
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Bro,
<>

May I know what kind of problem you encountered when you put the remote on the right hand side of the steering?

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:48 AM

Bobcatsysop
  • Bobcatsysop
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Bro,
<>

Me also gian leh.. that's why I am checking with the bros here for feedback.
Where and when you intend to go fix it?.. PM me ok?

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users