Steering wheel audio control

Gothviruz

Neutral Newbie

I've seen some cars has aftermarket audio controls installed to the steering wheel.

Where to get this and ard how much does it cost?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

most of e case, e remote comes from e same maker as e HU. eg Blaunkpunt have a steerin remote tat is fasten to e wheel & controls e HU via IR. alternatively, u can make 1 urself [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Can try the steering remote from Pioneer, its a snug fit on my steering ... cost abt $60-70 ... of course you gotta have Pioneer HU to begin with [scholar]

post-4-1147328531_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bluesbro

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi Bro,

Just asking if this steering remote has good enough controls for normal frequent access?

Where did you install this?

I am considering whether to buy this or not.. Any comments please?

Edited by Bobcatsysop

Neutral Newbie

Many shops carrying Pioneer HU should carry such remote. Im using HU 8650 but when I fix the remote to my ride..it doesn't work very well. Tried it at all sort of angle but still.. [thumbsdown] I would suggest you try first before you commit.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bro,

Thanks for the warning.. Appreciate it.

Perhaps it's the car's position of the steering wheel angle with the remote on the HU?

Bro,

side track a bit...

I saw this: 2xEZ-Stab Voltage Stabilizers (1 at alternator, 1 at battery)

so at the alternator, where did you put the Positive and Negative?

(edited)

Thanks..

As for your audio control, the blaunpunk have one type that is thru IR and feedback from some is that it's fairly good but could be rather slow compared to those original steering wheel control system. But I see that you have a pioneer HU, so maybe you can ask to see if their remote can be use on yours. Frankly, I find that it kind of get in your way.

Actually I have been driving cars with both steering wheel control and those without. Other than the volume control, the rest are norm, meaning you can do with them also unless you have player that support MP3, thus you need to scroll a long time to get to the song you want.

I would suggest you to get the Harman Kardon thingy that can be hook up to your iPod. That is a much better sound control and you get your own "i-drive" [sly]

Edited by Sony

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bro,

<<Other than the volume control, the rest are norm, meaning you can do with them also unless you have player that support MP3, thus you need to scroll a long time to get to the song you want.>>

Pioneer has their own steering remote but according to one bro here, sometimes, certain cars cannot work properly, I heard Altis is one of the cars if I am not mistaken.

It would be better to test it out...

And the most impt factor is that you feel good using that control. It shouldn't take your eye off the run and have your mind running which button to press to get which effect.

Neutral Newbie

Its quite easy to install by urself, juz have to secure the strap and slot in the remote ... as for the usage, its works fine for me, used to put it on the right hand side of the steering, but then there some problems, so transferred it to the left side and mounted it upside down and it works perfectly now [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bro,

<>

Got the message.

<>>

Thanks.. yeah.. and that's the purpose of having this remote control... to keep your eyes on the road.

hi bro, i think the catch is to install it on the left side and importantly upside down!

left side of steering wheel bcos it is in closer range to yr HU. it also depends on where is the IR receiever on yr HU.

upside down bcos of the position of IR outlet on remote control.

i have 2 colleagues using it with no problem. Altis and Prado. i tried meddling with it and it seems it is working well with my 8650. now i also a bit gian gian liao...

↡ Advertisement