Steering wheel audio control

Gothviruz

Neutral Newbie

will try to make it... currently still havent got any alpine HU. if still can't get it then i will not join in the fun.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Bro,

Mine is like that too at first you have to season the button, then it will work better I am using HU9650..

Try and press different Angel of the button to get a reception....

Btw i am using the 100 series, from what i know there is the 90 series olso. Which 1 did you bought? I am not sure what is the different .

Edited by Mdvic

I bought a second hand remote (pioneer) but until now, still don't know how to install on my steering wheel. Apparently, there is this 'alan key' screws which I don't have the tools for. Can anyone enlighten me on how to install it?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I can fix for you FOC, Just meet somewhere near AMK....

You want ? Or you can go down to any Audio shop maybe they charge Coffee Money only...

[bounce1][bounce2][drivingcar]

Edited by Mdvic

i am using a attached steering wheel control module on my steering, but have to attach it upside down because it's meant for left-hand drives, and on top of it, i have an infra red module with learning functions which can be linked up to existing stock steering wheel audio controls, anyone can recommend a shop to do it up? or anyone who has the expertises? thanks in advance

Hi guys, since we're on the topic of steering wheel controls....

I just installed a sony cdx-gt680ui(from AUTOBACS) into my suzuki swift yesterday. The guy there told me that in order for me to use my steering wheel control with the new HU, ill have to attach some kind of adapter which cost me near 200bucks.

When he finally finished fixing everything, i tried using the steering wheel remote, and it wasnt as responsive. He told me that it is normal as it has to use the adapter to transmit to the HU.

Im wondering if what he said is true, that the steering wheel control will not be as responsive, and sometimes the HU would not even respond at all to the controls. Im now thinking if i should go back there and remove the adapter entirely and getting a refund if its possible.

Any insights will be appreciated as Im new to all things cars as my swift is my 1st car. Thanks

i have been looking around for a thread related to stock steering audio controls.

recently changed my ride. there are audio controls in-built into the steering that dun work.
the HU is stock and i am wondering, if any bros/sis here can advise, what can i check to get it working?

reading the manual is kinda pointless. didn't get me anywhere.

my current ride is the 09 forte.

any advise is much appreciated.

I've seen some cars has aftermarket audio controls installed to the steering wheel.

Where to get this and ard how much does it cost?

I previously wanted to install audio controls but my girlfriend told me that it will affect the price of the car if I make such a change. Is that true?

i have been looking around for a thread related to stock steering audio controls.

recently changed my ride. there are audio controls in-built into the steering that dun work.

the HU is stock and i am wondering, if any bros/sis here can advise, what can i check to get it working?

reading the manual is kinda pointless. didn't get me anywhere.

my current ride is the 09 forte.

any advise is much appreciated.

Hi Ahgong,

There are adaptors that can be used either via resistive connection if your stock HU has such control or at worst case via IR just like remote control of of HU but if your HU has no resistive or IR inputs, you are out of luck.

Please see photos of such a control adaptor and instruction sheet for all various cars that I am using that I fixed at autotrend toa payoh ... ask for Darren.

Cheers.

Richard

I previously wanted to install audio controls but my girlfriend told me that it will affect the price of the car if I make such a change. Is that true?

Hi Wayne,

How can it be ??

Only an advantage for next owner since there were none originally .... dun make sense leh.

Cheers,

Richard

post-149594-0-04923600-1463492105_thumb.jpg

post-149594-0-99313300-1463492140_thumb.jpg

(edited)

Hi guys, since we're on the topic of steering wheel controls....

I just installed a sony cdx-gt680ui(from AUTOBACS) into my suzuki swift yesterday. The guy there told me that in order for me to use my steering wheel control with the new HU, ill have to attach some kind of adapter which cost me near 200bucks.

When he finally finished fixing everything, i tried using the steering wheel remote, and it wasnt as responsive. He told me that it is normal as it has to use the adapter to transmit to the HU.

Im wondering if what he said is true, that the steering wheel control will not be as responsive, and sometimes the HU would not even respond at all to the controls. Im now thinking if i should go back there and remove the adapter entirely and getting a refund if its possible.

Any insights will be appreciated as Im new to all things cars as my swift is my 1st car. Thanks

I believe I had installed a similar module as you. There's a millisecond lag in the responsiveness. It's due to the transmission between the adaptor and HU. Try adjusting the IR port around. I placed it besides the rear view mirror, pointing downward to the HU which work the best.. Just need some time to get use to it lah, that's the price to pay when we upgrade HU.. Edited by Optramagnum
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1