Has anyone tried or heard of Nankang tyres?

Ruggles

Realy cheap taiwanese tires ... the NS2 model is the only one worth getting. The thread pattern is very close to Yokohamas ES100, but rubber compounds unknown.

Gets really noisy when the rubber ages.

Neutral Newbie

This Brand of Tires on the low-end heavy-duty type. Great for trucks, vans & pickups! For cars go for Toyo price wise just few dollars more!

Neutral Newbie

it depends on what is your usage.. if you are bringing it down for tracks then please leave ns2 alone.. however for street use they are fine.

it also depends how deep your pocket is.. ns2 are cheap and as compared to branded tyres they do not last that long.. they are 40% cheaper than branded ones .. so drop down to the shop and get the prices and make your calculation.

yeah EventH is right. The NS2's (and NS1's too btw) are a decent street tyre. Although they look like the Eagle F1's the compound is nowhere near as grippy. That being said, they do offer similar grip to the bridgestone Grid 2's (not to be mistaken for G3's).

Personally for Taiwanese tyres, the Federal 595's are really really good (performance) for a cheap tyre and they are pretty good on the track. They last well but are noisy. If you're into performace and want to track on street tyres, these are the tyres i would reccomend.

Neutral Newbie

Nankang is a Taiwanese brand. The NS2 has a nice-looking pattern. More importantly, it is priced at the budget level which is always good for the wallet.

its a taiwanese brand being sold at Motogard

ur life very the cheap

learn to value it more

but...i think it (ns1 , ns2 only) still grips better than taxi tyres (if u call those gripless things tyres)

NS-2 is not that bad really ... if it is better than taxi tyres ... there are thousands of taxis on the road and taxi accidents happen mainly due to the driver.

its not the thread

but more importantly the tyre compound

whether can get a good grip on wet condition

as you know our country have a crazy weather

(edited)

Not completely true ... if you use the best wet compound and use them on slicks in wet weather, see what happens. The thread pattern helps to disperse water before the rubber compound can "stick" to the road.

Drive at sensible speed in wet weather lah ...

Edited by EventH

Neutral Newbie

not 2 bad, cheap can't complain much.

i used b4 on my 520i ex-bimmer 19 inch

UltraSport2 profile 235/35 and dont be

surprised many of my bimmer buddies are

using Nankang instead of Kumho(korea).

i think uncle normal-aspirated uses nankang on his ex-323 protege. do check with him on his views. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

Hi Tayo, i have a question which puzzle me alot...but you dun need to be offended....a person who can afford a beemer which cost more than 120k...surely can afford a set of decent tyres right....but why do such ppl behave in such a way...i encountered before whereby this big boss drove the S-Class and goes to a tyre shop and ask for a set of either used tyres or really dirt cheap tyres...thot he was going to sell off/scrap the car thats why he is looking for such tyres....but it is not...he said he is going to drive for long term...i was puzzled and was wondering why...may i know what kind of mentality or behavoir do these ppl have???perhaps you can shed some light. Thanks

Depends on how you define decent tyres. If they can produce and sell those tyres all these years without facing class action suits, I suppose for a certain category of people, they are decent and roadworthy.

More often than not, usually

1) they are not very aggressive drivers

2) they are keep to the speed limits on all roads.

3) they don't track

4) the towkays driving BMW or Merc know what value for money is

5) for their 18"-20", Michelin/Conti cost a bomb

6) travel a lot, the good sticky stuff wears out fast.

7) travel to M'sia a lot ... you don't want to change Conti/Jap brands ... they cost more in M'sia than Singapore.

8) Some of the "take-off" tyres are really in good condition ... where do you think the NEW stock tyres go when owners trade in immediately after taking over the car.

9) They like drifting, lousy rear tyres easier for tail to come out [laugh][laugh][laugh] BMW and Merc are mostly RWD

10) Their cars are so well soundproofed .. what noisy tyres ... sometimes I suspect that they cannot even hear people horning them. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

I second that, cheap tire are not bad. I have used NanKang NS-II before and found that it's dry grip is very good, even better than the ST115 it replaced. The wet was pretty good too when new but this tire do wear off pretty fast(40+k). oh and it's hell of noisy after that...

↡ Advertisement