Peugeot 307CC

Finclk

Hi all,

Notice no one started a post on the Peugeot 307CC. So I might as well get the ball rolling.

This model has always caught my attention since it first appeared on the road last year. I guess i'm naturally attracted to topless entities :)

I visited the Peugeot showroom in alexander road this evening. Had a real exp of seeing this car lose its top right before my hands. Can say i'm impressed.. haha. Machiam girl stripping before u. It's no doubt a beautiful car. But for $118,000 it's rather ouch. Considering its OMV is only 32000. Which makes out its base value to be only about $87k in total. Which means a premium of about 30k for the brand worth and those miscellaneous costs.

I managed to sit in the car. Interior is nice. Seriously it's more for 2 people only after I pushed the drivers seat rather back to be more comfortable. I looked behind my back and realised there's hardly any space for people sitting behind. And i'm not that tall, 1.7m at most? I looked around the interior, the console and all.. I feel it's not posh and upmarket enough. This is one of those common problems where cars are designed wonderfully on the outside but it doesn't continue to deliver the same image/message when the driver sits in the driver seat.

Here's what i like:

1) The way it drops its top

2) It's rear LEDs. Sooooo sexy. (i love its ass)

3) It's front grille. Fierce yet posh and upmarket.

4) The whole exterior! Haha..

Here's what I dun like:

1) Centre console feels cheap.. too much plastic use. No use of wooden trim or using more metal

2) Steering wheel doesn't feel sporty or posh enough. No buttons to press to fiddle with music. haha...

3) The gear console area doesn't have extra detail.

4) No HID lamps

5) Most of interior honestly!

To me, I think the car fails in the sense that the interior detail has not being thought of hard enough compared to its exterior. But having said that, the peugeot 307CC is said to be the best selling coupe cabriolet according to Peugeot themselves based on some LTA report? I suppose its exterior is all that matters for the majority of the customers. But to me, for the the price one pays for the 307CC, they should market this model as the upmarket executive cabriolet which pays attention to not only exterior but also interior.

Actually I'm considering getting a roadster, so looking at other options too. Next up is MX-5, MRS. Any other options besides these?

Thanks

307ccw2_1024.jpg

↡ Advertisement

have u owned a french car before? its a really love-hate kind of thing. you might be better off with the MX5, RX8, integra etc. you should read clarkson's writeup on the 307CC. he only rated it 1/5 stars.

Ok i found it in the Car Reviews section. And ran a search and read some of the Peugeot's threads here. I realised it's a love or hate thingy no doubt man. Maybe I might give it a test drive around this week.

I'm considering the MX5, not RX8 or integra (those are coupes). I'm only looking at roadsters which frankly is not much around this price. How about the Opel tigra CC?

A test-drive cannot show how reliable a car is but only its driving dynamics etc. you should try to find out more from pug owners.

most nice roadsters are quite expensive, like the Volvo C70, Honda S2000, Mini Cooper roadster, VW Beetle roadster etc etc.

Neutral Newbie

Not sure how the new Pugs are, but owned 405(10 years) and 305(3 years) before, extremely reliable cars.

But CC cars, well whichever ones will be expensive due to the limited numbers produced and the cab-mechanism.

Sat on my relative's 307cc b4, imho:

1. folding roof is cool, real cool.

2. car looks small

3. in pursuance of the above pt, interior space is small as well

4. feel constraint inside the car.

5. front passenger and driver are very close to the end arc of the front windscreen(nt v sure how to describe); this is very obvious when the roof is folded down. made me very uncomfortable even when i am not a big man. think someone much taller is going to feel bad in the the front seat; not saying that the back is tat spacious after all.

6. wif the windscreen problem, i don't think the car will provide a gd driver's position.

7. it feels like a lady's car, nt v suitable for man; to be more precise, more for young lady.

8. Feels underpowered.

9. The price is crazy, relative gt it for 117k

10. it might sound harsh but i feel its a very expensive car that makes little sense, at least to a guy, and it feels like a very very expensive toy for a girl.

Maybe you k look at the megane if u r really keen on a CC. but if i were u, i wld wait for the VW eos. heard tat it runs on the GTI engine and it does look pretty "man" to me; nt sure how the pricing wld be though.

cheers

(edited)

Mondeos and Astras are coming out with CC models too.

And maybe in another 1 to 3yrs, peugeot will have the 207CC and 308CC. CGI of the 308CC looks promising. the 207CC looks exactly like a mini 307CC.

Not only the EoS runs on the 2.0FSI turbo, it'll also have the R32's V6.

Edited by Relagsingh

(edited)
Hi all,

Notice no one started a post on the Peugeot 307CC. So I might as well get the ball rolling.

This model has always caught my attention since it first appeared on the road last year. I guess i'm naturally attracted to topless entities :)

I visited the Peugeot showroom in alexander road this evening. Had a real exp of seeing this car lose its top right before my hands. Can say i'm impressed.. haha. Machiam girl stripping before u. It's no doubt a beautiful car. But for $118,000 it's rather ouch. Considering its OMV is only 32000. Which makes out its base value to be only about $87k in total. Which means a premium of about 30k for the brand worth and those miscellaneous costs.

I managed to sit in the car. Interior is nice. Seriously it's more for 2 people only after I pushed the drivers seat rather back to be more comfortable. I looked behind my back and realised there's hardly any space for people sitting behind. And i'm not that tall, 1.7m at most? I looked around the interior, the console and all.. I feel it's not posh and upmarket enough. This is one of those common problems where cars are designed wonderfully on the outside but it doesn't continue to deliver the same image/message when the driver sits in the driver seat.

Here's what i like:

1) The way it drops its top

2) It's rear LEDs. Sooooo sexy. (i love its ass)

3) It's front grille. Fierce yet posh and upmarket.

4) The whole exterior! Haha..

Here's what I dun like:

1) Centre console feels cheap.. too much plastic use. No use of wooden trim or using more metal

2) Steering wheel doesn't feel sporty or posh enough. No buttons to press to fiddle with music. haha...

3) The gear console area doesn't have extra detail.

4) No HID lamps

5) Most of interior honestly!

To me, I think the car fails in the sense that the interior detail has not being thought of hard enough compared to its exterior. But having said that, the peugeot 307CC is said to be the best selling coupe cabriolet according to Peugeot themselves based on some LTA report? I suppose its exterior is all that matters for the majority of the customers. But to me, for the the price one pays for the 307CC, they should market this model as the upmarket executive cabriolet which pays attention to not only exterior but also interior.

Actually I'm considering getting a roadster, so looking at other options too. Next up is MX-5, MRS. Any other options besides these?

Thanks

307ccw2_1024.jpg

How about coughing up a little more for a proper roadster, like the honda S2000, but its NVH is rather poor, as its a thinly veiled track car

honda-s2000-1.jpg

s2000-oem1-fl_oem4-ss.jpg

And here's a backside view

s2000.gif

Edited by Sturtles

Neutral Newbie

Defintely if you are looking for handling the MX5 will be the best choice. What stands out most on the CCs are the auto-close/open mechnism and hard roof somemore, that's where the draw, that gets head turning.

Other than that, the CCs heavy roof folding mechanicsm, poor boot space and overall weak engine performance don't call for spirited driving. More for cruising.

(edited)

And the interior is a million times better than all the peugots, 207,307,407, etc

dscf0002.jpg

s2000_interior.JPG

2002%20S2000%20Interior.jpg

driversspace.jpg

Edited by Sturtles

yep but i personally think the current CC choices we have are quite [shocked] except for the Volvo C70, SLKs etc. i love the S2000 though. looks stunning with a wonderful engine.

Neutral Newbie

Yep, 206 was cute, but 307 strange proportions.

But S2000, is it a cabriolet (soft top)?

Agree on latest C70 but offer at 178k without coe, might consider other choices though.

Well, the poster is looking for a roadster :)

Convertibles are always oddly proportioned, due to the solid roof structure. the most proper looking CCs imo are the mercedes SLs, with long front hood and a relatively shorter rear boot.

Mercedes-SL-03_1024.jpg

Mercedes_SL_cabrio.jpg

hmm... always considered the S2000 to be a hardcore purist car.awesome amount of power and not for the average person.can consider ultimate convertible.

there's always the SL65 AMG for the rich and wealthyy or even the SLK 55 AMG. [sly] i find the new BMW 6 series awfully ugly.

↡ Advertisement