All about springs and shocks(dampers)

Wrxblue

Hi,

With these comfort coils, my car will still have the lowered (2 fingers [:)] ) look and less stiff?

I wonder how they make it less stiff since the suspension travel is still restricted.

Does anyone know the prices of these comfort coils?

I have used the KW streetcomfort, lowered about 2 fingers. It's not very stiff, but at the same time gives me good confidence on the roads. The bad is that coilovers dun last that long, mine lasted me around 40k, before the absorbers start giving way.

I'm back to stock now, and now my car drives like SUV [:(]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Are shock absorbers universal and fit all cars? Eg if a car has MacPherson struts, any shock absorber that is MacPherson type will fit? Or certain cars can only be fitted with certain shocks?

I have used the KW streetcomfort, lowered about 2 fingers. It's not very stiff, but at the same time gives me good confidence on the roads. The bad is that coilovers dun last that long, mine lasted me around 40k, before the absorbers start giving way.

I'm back to stock now, and now my car drives like SUV [:(]

get a set of the passat sport (2.0T) or passat cc absorber, those 15mm lower one

good enuff

get a set of the passat sport (2.0T) or passat cc absorber, those 15mm lower one

good enuff

I was thinking of using lowered springs, but now grown used to it. Haha can save some $

I was thinking of using lowered springs, but now grown used to it. Haha can save some $

the 15mm lower one is not bad

good balance, but very butt pain on rough uneven road though

Anyone tried modifying their adjustable for comfort?

Getting the best of 2 world..

I know there's such shop in kl but any in johor?

Just changed my coilover from Tanabe sustec pro s0c to Tein Street Flex Z. A HELL to HEAVEN experience...

The tanabe have preload and shock travel tie together, the lower you go, the lesser travel it gets, to make matter worst, the spring rate for the car is too low, the damper doesn't have any adjustment and is way too soft which cost the shock to hit bump stop at almost every imperfection on the road.

For Tein street flex z, the price is very reasonable to start with, shock is of a good quality. Way better than the tanabe that i have own. Shock travel is independent of the ride height and preload, you can really slam your ride. 28 level of setting for damping. Much stiffer than the tanabes if goes to hard setting, ride like a lexus if really go into soft setting. Never experienced a single bump stop hit on those road that I usually travel. Thumbs up for Tein Street Flex z!

Edited by Deckbuild
  • Praise 1

Best to get shocks that can adjust  bound and rebound separately.

If you use stiffer springs.. you should set your rebound to be higher number so that the springs ( which is harder than org ) wont push the car up so fast when its compressed.

Usually you see track cars adjust rebound harder to prevent car from flying up in the air LOL.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone! bought my ride with coilover, as it is leaking I am thinking of switching back to stock suspension. What are three things I need to get to change back to stock? Just the spring and absorber?

Neutral Newbie

Hello good day. Do you guys know what type of lowering springs fit the toyota corolla axio luxel 2008 Model- DBA-ZRE142? I would like to know some different type of lowering springs that can just replace the original springs

Just changed my coilover from Tanabe sustec pro s0c to Tein Street Flex Z. A HELL to HEAVEN experience...

The tanabe have preload and shock travel tie together, the lower you go, the lesser travel it gets, to make matter worst, the spring rate for the car is too low, the damper doesn't have any adjustment and is way too soft which cost the shock to hit bump stop at almost every imperfection on the road.

For Tein street flex z, the price is very reasonable to start with, shock is of a good quality. Way better than the tanabe that i have own. Shock travel is independent of the ride height and preload, you can really slam your ride. 28 level of setting for damping. Much stiffer than the tanabes if goes to hard setting, ride like a lexus if really go into soft setting. Never experienced a single bump stop hit on those road that I usually travel. Thumbs up for Tein Street Flex z!

how much the Tein street flex z? whr did u install them? any warranty period?