Search
about springs shocks dampers

• Search this thread
182 replies to this topic | 11 praises

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:35 AM

AlvinDj
  • AlvinDj
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just curious...

Anyone tried this combi setup of Vogtland lowering springs + KYB Excel-G (Gas) absorber before..?

Would like to know more on the above mentioned setup if possible.. :)

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:12 PM

Djskyedge
  • Djskyedge
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Use to have Vogtland Lower Spring but not with the combination of KYB Excel-G (Gas) absorber, using the stock asorber is good enough. I selling my Vogtland Lower Spring (See Car performance under lower spring column) :)

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:51 AM

LPPL
  • LPPL
    Neutral Newbie

i am using BC BR now for a week, so far so good. It is softer than its older brother BC V1 so it offers a more comfortable ride and firm at the same time. Its shocks are also thicker than the V1. This coil is the best bang for the buck imo for budgets below $2k

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

Conniepei
  • Conniepei
    Neutral Newbie

You are so friendly,thanks for your detail info.
Money spent on the hollister brain is never spent in vain.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

Evading
  • Evading
    Neutral Newbie

thanks for sharing this info with us.

a sticky for this thread.

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

Jhonson1rik
  • Jhonson1rik
    Neutral Newbie

Hi
I am sorry to tell you that I have not accurate answer for this type of query
so i am unable to solve your problem but i have a site in which you can see
best solution for your problem which are mentioned below
2013 Mercedes Benz Sl-Class

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:37 AM

Cliveekeo
  • Cliveekeo
    2nd Gear

Yeah really very helpful information, too long to read but gives lot of great info.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

MkMan
  • Premium member
    MkMan
    5th Gear

very informative. Maybe if there is a write up on how to check worn shocks and also how to check whether the shock absorbers is weak already and required replacing with be best shared also.
1) Service to the public trust
2) Protect the innocent
3) Uphold the law

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

UberGarage
  • UberGarage
    Neutral Newbie

Nice article! Very informative...

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

Jasecp2
  • Jasecp2
    Neutral Newbie

With new technologies in coilovers, some of the ones that are adjustable are pretty good at balancing stiffness & ride comfort. I had BC's on my RB1 last year. Bad experience. Had to change them twice. First time, tubing spoilt just after 4 months. After that was changed, there was oil leak from both rear tubes all within less than 1 year. I thought I was the only one experiencing this but I found out from friends they had same problem. They either swopped back to OEM or switched to another brand. When it started leaking again, I got fed up & switched back to OEM. I heard from my workshop there's a new brand called PB Performance coming in to town. Magazine Reviews have been good in the UK & Japan. Maybe that's something worth considering.

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

Edms
  • Edms
    Clutched

so how is pb suspension?

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

Bill29
  • Bill29
    Clutched

Brother in this forum.

A word of thank to all the contribution which was very informative. wave.gif wave.gif wave.gif

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

Edmemail
Thumbs up!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Dluffy87
  • Dluffy87
    Clutched

anyone know what is good for subaru impreza ts suspension?

and cheap where can i do?

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

Nikolalosic
  • Nikolalosic
    Neutral Newbie

Thank you man!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Cheridan
  • Cheridan
    Neutral Newbie

very good read

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

Tiger1
  • Premium member
    Tiger1
    4th Gear

My stock absorbers which are 2 yrs old now start to sing song when going over humps. NB. Thought they are suppose to last average 3-4 yrs. i m not high mileage somemore, averaging 17000km annually. Q.C nowsaday really questionable...

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

Redsuns85
  • Premium member
    Redsuns85
    Neutral Newbie

Every single time I hits a bump or knocks over a hole on the road, there is a lot of noise and vibration. Like metal part hitting against car. However, the suspension is fine when going over a hump.. What could be the problem ?

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious

My stock absorbers which are 2 yrs old now start to sing song when going over humps. NB. Thought they are suppose to last average 3-4 yrs. i m not high mileage somemore, averaging 17000km annually. Q.C nowsaday really questionable...

How long ty last also depends on yr driving style.

Average 70-80k km n abt 3-4 yrs.

I changed mine at 6 yrs n abt 120k km. Although e front was still ok e back were worn n i usually change all 4 at one go.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious

Every single time I hits a bump or knocks over a hole on the road, there is a lot of noise and vibration. Like metal part hitting against car. However, the suspension is fine when going over a hump.. What could be the problem ?

The rubber mounts worn n cracked or nuts got loose.

Maybe its time to change yr shocks n rubber mounts too.

U never say how old yr shocks n rubber mounts r?

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users