Info on Sound Proofing Insulation - 4 doors

Mooscenic

Hi all,

I need some input on the following sound insulation for my 4 doors:

1. Anyone tried Silent sound proofing? How the review for their Silent mat?

2. Anyone tried or had done sound proofing at Car Beauty? They're using "Smart Mat". Any reviews on this as well?

I just need to know how effective it is and also which is better?

Your kind inputs are really appreciated!

Mooooooooooooo

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bro,

I'm using Silent SP Spec1 and Spec2 materials when they first launch their SP products to Nissan Club and also promoted by Stamford Tyres during that time. I'm one of those first few that installed it. Dunno if the same materials are currently being used and if they are the same materials, then those are good ones imported from Japan previously. Later I heard they have materials from Korea also.

If you want to know the effectiveness of the Silent SP, you can sit in my car during the weekly Wed ICE meetup to listen. I did the full car SP except the firewall.

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the great info!!! Well not too sure here the sheet Silent takes from.

Also can't seem to find anyone carrying Dynamat Extreme...

Moooooooooooo

Ya i know.. I'm in the other thread, after starting this thread.. Oops!

However the contacts in the other thread is no longer around (Close shop already).

Moooooooo

Neutral Newbie

Hi Moo

I am a new comer to ICE, looking for Sound Insulation for my whole car too. Have you done up your car? How was it, any recommendation for me? Regards

first and foremost, SPing the entire car requires the interior of the car to be stripped to the bare metal, which to some might feel heartpain.... [sweatdrop] SPing the entire car can easily run into the thousand-dollar mark for quality materials....

Edited by User12343

Neutral Newbie

Any recommendation you have, I could hear Engine and Wind noises coming from the front.

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you soon.

if it's wind noise u hearing, then no amount of SP of the car can help reduce tat. windnoise is caused by those rubber linings that interface with the glass. and tink there's nothing u can do.

if it's road noise, standard SP'ing still can.

if it's engine noise, unless u get the installer to entirely strip off the dash board (steering wheel, glove box, aircon all removed) until u see the bare metal and SP, else it also wont help. somemore such extensive stripping down is a big project and risk the installer has to take.

also dun forget that SP material works by mass-loading the panels of the floor board and doorskins. and hence makes ur car heavier => higher FC.

Edited by User12343

If u really 1 2 sound proof ur 4 door, u might 1 2 try tis way cause it helps n lots of different for my car(swift PI) 1)Most outer layer 1 coat. Middle of door divider,1 coat. Then d inside of d door panel itsef try 2 fix 1 coat of sound proof bitumen material follwed by black thin layer of sound insulator then another 1 coat of hot drying type sound proof(accumat) over lap d black sound insulator sponge.

Does anyone know any reliable free lance guy who can do a good job in sound proofing works?

I'm looking for someone who is willing to use the materials I buy. Most I know insist of using theirs.

Thanks bro, someone did recommend them to me before, but didn't know they accept customer's material instead of theirs. Ok, will call them to explore.

↡ Advertisement