Chery QQ reviews ONLY

Glyuen

Anyone here drives QQ can kindy share what type of spark plugs qq is using im planning to change the plugs and see if i can get better fc.

currenty i have hurrycane drop in, p max, 5 point gounding. fc now is 400km from full tank untill the petrol lights comes out.

Red line is at 6000rpm

the max we ever tried out on a 0.8 QQ was 150km/h

wah lao, your QQ can hit 150km/l [:(] , shd be MT, right, [thumbsup]

I was driving QQ AT, the max speed ever hitted 110km/h, already [sweatdrop][sweatdrop] liao

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I am currently babysitting my friend's OPC car for a couple of weeks.

My experience:

The car has alloy rims. 13 inches, I think. Less than 6 months old. I realised that the YOM was 2007! Looks like the promotion during the Suntec Sales was to clear stocks. If that was the case, would this not be the 2nd generation, since the 1st was out in 2006? Can someone enlighten?

The interior is simple and passable to me, considering that it is a cheaper car, compared to many others.

I find the seats a bit stiff. Rear passenger felt exposed. Did not seem safe due to the absence of a boot.

Power-wise, with the aircon on and two passengers, it is adequate but not for overtaking and I did not want to risk it. I got honked a little more. Or was I being sensitive? The gear change is a bit stiff, especially for gear one. Should I be concerned? Should I get it checked? I think I will when I send it in for its 2nd servicing.

The clutch is a little difficult to engage/disengage and gear 1 does not seem easy to engage without some gear shock. Pass gear two and it is a breeze to enage. I leave my cruising gear at 4 instead of 5 to enable some reserve power for filtering etc.

Generally, in terms of power, it is more powerful than the Nissan Pulsar 1.0 that I used to drive in the past. It also does not seem heavy to drive.

AND, I dont feel inferior stopping at the traffic lights although I cannot say for my passenger.

A car does not define me. Does it define you? [sunny]

• Praise 1

I am currently babysitting my friend's OPC car for a couple of weeks.

My experience:

The car has alloy rims. 13 inches, I think. Less than 6 months old. I realised that the YOM was 2007! Looks like the promotion during the Suntec Sales was to clear stocks. If that was the case, would this not be the 2nd generation, since the 1st was out in 2006? Can someone enlighten?

The interior is simple and passable to me, considering that it is a cheaper car, compared to many others.

I find the seats a bit stiff. Rear passenger felt exposed. Did not seem safe due to the absence of a boot.

Power-wise, with the aircon on and two passengers, it is adequate but not for overtaking and I did not want to risk it. I got honked a little more. Or was I being sensitive? The gear change is a bit stiff, especially for gear one. Should I be concerned? Should I get it checked? I think I will when I send it in for its 2nd servicing.

The clutch is a little difficult to engage/disengage and gear 1 does not seem easy to engage without some gear shock. Pass gear two and it is a breeze to enage. I leave my cruising gear at 4 instead of 5 to enable some reserve power for filtering etc.

Generally, in terms of power, it is more powerful than the Nissan Pulsar 1.0 that I used to drive in the past. It also does not seem heavy to drive.

AND, I dont feel inferior stopping at the traffic lights although I cannot say for my passenger.

A car does not define me. Does it define you? [sunny]

same here. mine was made in 2007 also,

Want to start a new thread about QQ for the benefit of all. The 20plus page thread on QQ has lots of OT and other comments.

This thread is only for MCFers who have personally test-drove the QQ before and bother to give a detailed review.

Pls keep it clean...

For a start, I will extract posts from the 20plus page QQ thread over.

QQ CMI la

Neutral Newbie

If you read the reviews from those who test/drove it for at least a while, you will find that it is slower than most, if not all cars except for those of similar cc.

The cabin is noisy when it rains. i.e. outside noise is rather pronounced.

I am not that confident driving this car in the wet.

Otherwise, it is a decent car in SGP. Remember not to take lane 1 unless overtaking because the acceleration is not that good. [sleeping]

it's not no recall...

if china recall...it's easily more than 2million cars leh...

now Chery launch the A3...anybody went to see it??

looks decent leh...

QQ interior not bad lah...especially for that price...i'm speaking for 2008-2009models...

i think now in 4th gen liao...

they launching QQ6 sedan soon too i think...

i think better take the 1.1AMT bah...more power, better for SGP roads...

Neutral Newbie

my gf has a 3 yr old AT 800cc QQ :)

110km/h no strength ready..its ok for a transport to move around since my gf has to work and study..

But in the first year of owning the car, i had to bring it back to vertex auto a few times due to faults..but the problems occured during warrenty and we didnt pay anythin..

Vertex customer service not bad..the waiting area has a sofa and TV to watch movies while waitin for car to be serviced..has a big canteen nearby too

it's not no recall...

if china recall...it's easily more than 2million cars leh...

now Chery launch the A3...anybody went to see it??

looks decent leh...

QQ interior not bad lah...especially for that price...i'm speaking for 2008-2009models...

i think now in 4th gen liao...

they launching QQ6 sedan soon too i think...

i think better take the 1.1AMT bah...more power, better for SGP roads...

everything is good for A3 except for the rear tail light!

It is quite cute .when i first saw it on the road.it caught my attention. so i surfed about it on website.then i found out that chery QQ is considered as a clone of GM matiz and daewoo was very unhappy about it. However,since chery was government owned,chian governemnt openly supported chery and GM had to drop its case against chery. Chery seriously need to invest more for design and quality. My advice is that they should not adopt shortcut ways as it never pays off. In addition, i do not like the fact that government is behind most of china brands. these barnds will never go global as they are much cared for .it is like mother(government) is always giving protetion her children(car companies),as a result,children are nit mature enough to face the reality on this insanely cruel world. china government itself has to review its growth policy unless it wants china car barnds to play second fiddle to japan and korea brands. however, i doubt government will do it since it is always feeling insecure of foreign takeover and influence on china.

Neutral Newbie

Daewoo is bein taken over by Chevrolet :) and there was one time the chery QQ was bein tok about in china cause its also a copy of the chevrolet spark

There was also news that chery might be sued for that but than nothin happen on china :)

you can remove the spark's door and bolt onto the QQ without any mods and it will fit

Hi,

anyone can share what alternate parts to use for QQ311 MT, engine is 472 type, not 465

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2636870 provide very good details for Chery A5

I want to change spark plugs to denso but have conflicting info, some said IW16 some said IK20

These 2 are very different, right? Cannot use the wrong one right?

Hope someone can help.

↡ Advertisement