Chery QQ reviews ONLY

Glyuen

Is there a new model of chery QQ? I just find that those QQ sold back during the low coe period, seems to disappear a lot from the road?

Anyway, still dont know whats so bad about the Lada Samara back then? Why everyone all have negative comments on this car ar?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Lada Samara has made me more tolerant to cars and a better driver,hone my troubleshooting skills and more sensitive to unusual mechanic noise and more willing to dirty my hands, in my close to 4 years of driving her, I have numerous breakdowns, some quite dangerous. To quote a few dangerous incidents:

- driving in heavy downpour, wipers suddenly stopped, was in the extreme right lane of PIE!

- also along expressway, alternator broke down,

Not dangerous incidents:

- engine overheating. not once, but thrice, repaired but still overheated,

- carburetor leaked patrol onto engine top block, where the piston lie,

- car cannot start due to faulty ignition switch, I still remember how I started her for 2weeks, put to neutral gear, open the bonnet, use a wire and short the starter relay, close the bonnet and drive off.

-air con thermostat faulty. I short the air con switch to a button bought from Some Lim, I became the thermostat, switching the air con on and off every few minutes, very busy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I doubt qq is that bad.

Dear bros and sis,

I'm thinking of getting a second family car and has been considering Chery QQ.

Since it is a second family car, it will only be used by me alone for work and some personal matters, it is unlikely I carry any passenger, I'll use the first family car for family outing.

I've read so much about Chery QQ reviews and tends to conclude (correct me if I'm wrong) that the "3rd generation Chery QQ has improved, especially in the area of power (read someone posted that his wife has to get down from qq while driving up MSCP).

To cut the long story short, my questions are:-

1) What is 3rd generation qq? after which year?

2) Is the sticky gear and short clutch throw still a problem for the 3rd generation qq? Or the AMT cannot (or difficult to change to) 2nd gear still a problem?

4) Body roll during cornering still unpredictable? Brake still hard? (understandable since the rear brakes are drum brakes),

3) I read that there are now parallel importer of qq spares and we are no longer at the mercy of Vertex, is it true? Autotrans is now about S$2,500 not S$10,000!

There are kind and generous forumer sharing the DIY of qq and I really appreciate his effort, his effort really helps qq owners free from "cut throats" workshops and parts distributor.

For your information, my first family car was Lada Samara (you can see how daring I was) and 2nd was Fiat Uno 1.0, 3rd car Nissan March, 4th toyota Corolla Altis and 5th and current (driven by my wife as she fetches the children to schools) is Toyota Picnic. I'm ok with "bad" cars, just look at my first car.

Any bros and sis care to answer?

Thanks.

The QQ you are getting will be second hand, so it really depends on how the previous owner take care of the car. You need to test to know..

Neutral Newbie

Interior was spacious.. But, lack of power considering its 800cc. When the tranny changes gears, its jerky though.

Are the parts easily found outside?

I drove QQ for 4 years and so far I don't have major problems.

You can consider to get it if you are not particular about brand and speed.

Small CC means slow pick up when you drive and overtake. (Patience needed)

China brand sometimes get bullied. (But not all road users are bully) [:)]

Neutral Newbie

Hi, need advice on how to check a chery qq 1.1 Amt gearbox? I just bought it second-hand car but the other day the engine stalled when i was driving on the road and unable to restart engine back. when the car towed back to workshop,mechanic told me nothing wrong. Are you able to advice on which part of the car is faulty?

• Praise 1

Hi, need advice on how to check a chery qq 1.1 Amt gearbox? I just bought it second-hand car but the other day the engine stalled when i was driving on the road and unable to restart engine back. when the car towed back to workshop,mechanic told me nothing wrong. Are you able to advice on which part of the car is faulty?

Dun understand.. you mean after towing to the workshop, the car can restart?

Engine stalling can be caused by many factors, not only gearbox.

The AMT gearbox is well known for giving problems, how old is your QQ?

Try Chew Goon at AMK Autopoint, they should be able to help.. 

Is 14" tyre suitable for chery qq? Was thinking of changing my current stock 13" to 14" tyre and rim :)

Yes, refer to my post on rims for sale above. 14" is OK, 15" too heavy..

Neutral Newbie

I have been driving Chery QQ 1.1M (2008) for 2 years and like to share my inputs.

When I collect my 2nd hand car from Vertex in 2014, found the manual gear engagement is hard to engage. Went to JB for my regular mechanic who tuned it and it was good, mileage now at 70+k (OPC). The car overall is trusty and quite easy to drive, maybe mine is 2008 version. The fuel consumption is also good and quite spacious for driver and front seat passenger too. Recently changed Timing Belt, Water pump, Battery at JB where the Timing Belt and Water pump were bought from Txxbao.

Before CNY this year, got 2 problems :

1) Car ignition lock problem where either car cannot start or key cannot pull out. Went to a car key expert at Turf City to fix it, about $100+

2) The other is brake hydraulic valve that was replaced at Vertex SG cost about $200+ close to $300, workmanship is quite good and brakes are good now.

Recently, got an engine light up at dashboard and found it is related to Oxygen sensor. Get quote about $400 to $500 if changed at Vertex. With some bro help here, they recommend me to get this from Txxbao and I use an agent (65dxxgou). Will be collecting the sensors soon and go JB to install. Price of item for 2 sensors < $100.

Lastly, my dad is also driving a Chery QQ 0.8AMT (2008) and is good too.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Sharp11
  • Praise 1

I have been driving Chery QQ 1.1M (2008) for 2 years and like to share my inputs.

When I collect my 2nd hand car from Vertex in 2014, found the manual gear engagement is hard to engage. Went to JB for my regular mechanic who tuned it and it was good, mileage now at 70+k (OPC). The car overall is trusty and quite easy to drive, maybe mine is 2008 version. The fuel consumption is also good and quite spacious for driver and front seat passenger too. Recently changed Timing Belt, Water pump, Battery at JB where the Timing Belt and Water pump were bought from Txxbao.

Before CNY this year, got 2 problems :

1) Car ignition lock problem where either car cannot start or key cannot pull out. Went to a car key expert at Turf City to fix it, about $100+

2) The other is brake hydraulic valve that was replaced at Vertex SG cost about $200+ close to $300, workmanship is quite good and brakes are good now.

Recently, got an engine light up at dashboard and found it is related to Oxygen sensor. Get quote about $400 to $500 if changed at Vertex. With some bro help here, they recommend me to get this from Txxbao and I use an agent (65dxxgou) and will be collecting the sensors soon and will go JB to install. Price of item for 2 sensors < $100.

Lastly, my dad is also driving a Chery QQ 0.8AMT (2008) and is good too.

Have a nice day.

Seems like vertex corrective maintenance also not cheap.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I bought a second hand Chery qq 1.1 amt in Dec 2015. currently i'm having problems with the car. i send to a mechanic at chew goon(ang mo kio autopoint). After the test drive, the mechanic told me that my QQ selespeed is faulty and need to change a new one. Anyone here able to advice as the selespeed is $3000++ to change. My car dealer warranty covers engine and gearbox only within 6 mths. Is selespeed part of the gearbox? What should I do? Pls advice. Thanks. Confused owner here :((

Hi, I bought a second hand Chery qq 1.1 amt in Dec 2015. currently i'm having problems with the car. i send to a mechanic at chew goon(ang mo kio autopoint). After the test drive, the mechanic told me that my QQ selespeed is faulty and need to change a new one. Anyone here able to advice as the selespeed is $3000++ to change. My car dealer warranty covers engine and gearbox only within 6 mths. Is selespeed part of the gearbox? What should I do? Pls advice. Thanks. Confused owner here :((

What is the symptom or error you are getting? seems like the same problem I faced previously..

Is the car able to change gears?

↡ Advertisement