Chery QQ reviews ONLY

Glyuen

vertex bringing in SEAT? I noticed their showroom is undergoing renovation. Suspect they bringing in a new brand of car and dropping off Chery since it's not selling.

They did bring in the old SEAT Toledo in the form of the Chery A168.

My experience with them is horrible. A lot of customers bang table to get warranty claim. Gave up on their warranty and went JB for servicing.

Yes. They are bringing in SEAT as reported below

Volkswagen-owned Spanish brand Seat is making a comeback after an absence of more than 10 years.

Vertex Automobile, the distributor of China's Chery, has clinched the franchise and is expected to start selling Seat cars here from July.

The Straits Times understands that Seat will operate out of Chery's showroom at 3 Ubi Road 4. Chery will move to another location.

An entire range of models will be available, ranging from subcompacts to hot hatches to wagons, crossovers and MPVs.

Seat cars are based on VW models, with similar engines and transmissions. But they are known to have edgier and sportier designs.

Observers say, however, that Vertex will face an uphill battle since VW is well-established here. VW also has a cost advantage because the manufacturer and retailer are one and the same.

For instance, Skoda, a VW-owned Czech brand, failed to take off here primarily because its cars were less competitively priced when compared with equivalent VW models.

Seat was last represented by taxi operator Comfort Group (before its merger with DelGro). When Comfort quit the motor business in 2003, Seat was the only brand not picked up by another agency. Other brands which Comfort held - such as Maserati, Peugeot and Perodua - have found new representatives.

Asked how it will compete against VW, a Vertex spokesman says "we will have our way".

Indeed, Vertex has done comparatively well with Chery despite overwhelming odds such as the poor press reception and stratospheric COE premiums.

According to Land Transport Authority figures, there were 1,553 Chery cars on the road as of the end of last year, making it the most popular Chinese brand here.

In fact, its population is larger than the combined population of all the other Chinese brands in Singapore.

Its population is also bigger than Opel's (1,496) and more than three times Skoda's (456) and SsangYong's (437). And these brands have been around longer than Chery.

Mr David Ting, editor of motoring magazine Torque, says Seat has "a fair chance" of succeeding here.

"Seat is like the Alfa Romeo of the Volkswagen Group, with sportylooking models that are fun to drive or at least to look at."

He reckons it could start by pricing its cars lower than equivalent VW models and by offering a higher equipment level.

"The Seat range in Europe now includes a compact SUV, the Ateca. It's the Spanish version of the latest Volkswagen Tiguan. The two cars will be natural rivals in Singapore's growing SUV segment," he observes.

"If the Ateca can undercut the new VW Tiguan by 15 to 20 per cent, bringing the Spanish SUV closer to the popular Nissan Qashqai 1.2 in price, it'll give the Tiguan a run for the money."

Seat is not the only Spanish make that is making a splash here soon. Spania GTA - maker of the GTA Spano supercar - has appointed Lamborghini dealer EuroSports Auto as its representative.

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/seat-makes-a-comeback

Edited by KoreanLover
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Try :

Century Auto Express & Trading

25E, Ground Floor, Jalan Dato Abdullah Tahir, 80300, Johor Bahru, Johor

Malaysia

Near York Hotel.

For General Svc, Aircon Repair, Engine Mount, Suspension, O2sensor replacement, coolant pump replacement.

You can bring your own parts.

Not bad. Can leave the car there then go for HC. Lol

Just bought a 2009 QQ AMT. Everything works fine except that the gearbox when on 5th gear will always go to neutral on its own. No choice but to use manual mode and avoid 5th gear. 

Brought to a transmission workshop and they plugged in the computer and said the speed sensor faulty. Replaced it for $400 and the problem solved but the gearbox sometimes jerks strongly when I release the accelerator on gear 1,2,3. 

Brought back to the shop and they said it might be mecahnical which the computer can't detect but such repair won't be cheap and suggest I save my $$ and use the car until the problem gets more serious. 

Searched the internet for information on this problem and found a number of people from SG having the same problem and they solved the problem buy bringing to Vertex and calibrating the gearbox ECU. Booked an appointment and the earliest I got was 25th jan 2017. That shouldn't cost much and hope it solves the problem...fingers crossed.

Also the remote central locking stopped working. Changed the batteries and the light blink but still not working. Will mention that to Vertex.

Other than that, I am happy about everything for the price I paid. I think this is the cheapest car I can find at depreciation of $3.6K pa for normal plate(not OPC). If convert to OPC the depreciation will be $2K pa. At current COE of $50K  that's the cheapest I can find. 

Just bought a 2009 QQ AMT. Everything works fine except that the gearbox when on 5th gear will always go to neutral on its own. No choice but to use manual mode and avoid 5th gear. 

Brought to a transmission workshop and they plugged in the computer and said the speed sensor faulty. Replaced it for $400 and the problem solved but the gearbox sometimes jerks strongly when I release the accelerator on gear 1,2,3. 

Brought back to the shop and they said it might be mecahnical which the computer can't detect but such repair won't be cheap and suggest I save my $$ and use the car until the problem gets more serious. 

Searched the internet for information on this problem and found a number of people from SG having the same problem and they solved the problem buy bringing to Vertex and calibrating the gearbox ECU. Booked an appointment and the earliest I got was 25th jan 2017. That shouldn't cost much and hope it solves the problem...fingers crossed.

Also the remote central locking stopped working. Changed the batteries and the light blink but still not working. Will mention that to Vertex.

Other than that, I am happy about everything for the price I paid. I think this is the cheapest car I can find at depreciation of $3.6K pa for normal plate(not OPC). If convert to OPC the depreciation will be $2K pa. At current COE of $50K  that's the cheapest I can find. 

How much is Vertex charging you for the calibration?

The person who took my appointment couldn't tell me anything. I'll bring my car there and let them check and quote. To be frank the service at Vertex was very poor. You don't know who to look for and where to go. There is no directions or signs. tje only sign I saw was SEAT service and that was where I was supposed to go. Its like Vertex had forsaken the Chery brand. They shouldn't do that cos they are still selling Chery cars.

It was 9th Jan and the receptionist told me that they are fully booked until Feb. Another guy told me the reason for the long waiting time is due to manpower shortage. I appreciate his frankness but anybody buying Chery or SEAT should beware of slow workshop service. Expect problems to take ages to rectify. From what I see, the same workshop is handling both brands. 

Anybody have any idea how much they charge for a simple thing like gearbox ECU calibration?

The person who took my appointment couldn't tell me anything. I'll bring my car there and let them check and quote. To be frank the service at Vertex was very poor. You don't know who to look for and where to go. There is no directions or signs. tje only sign I saw was SEAT service and that was where I was supposed to go. Its like Vertex had forsaken the Chery brand. They shouldn't do that cos they are still selling Chery cars.

It was 9th Jan and the receptionist told me that they are fully booked until Feb. Another guy told me the reason for the long waiting time is due to manpower shortage. I appreciate his frankness but anybody buying Chery or SEAT should beware of slow workshop service. Expect problems to take ages to rectify. From what I see, the same workshop is handling both brands. 

Anybody have any idea how much they charge for a simple thing like gearbox ECU calibration?

No one really likes going to AD for servicing/repair unless under warranty. It's a common knowledge they charge higher than market price.

If you still plan on going to Vertex for repair, better get them to quote you before the repair is done. Otherwise, you have no choice but to pay up.

Have you asked other workshops if they can repair it? I used to go Chew Goon at AMK Autopoint and find them reasonable. Or be a bit adventurous and try JB workshops..

Other than that, I am happy about everything for the price I paid. I think this is the cheapest car I can find at depreciation of $3.6K pa for normal plate(not OPC). If convert to OPC the depreciation will be $2K pa. At current COE of $50K that's the cheapest I can find.

Why would anyone buy an 8 year old qq?

It's really brave. Even if it can move at 90kmh , won't u be afraid it might just jammed and fall apart?

It's really brave. Even if it can move at 90kmh , won't u be afraid it might just jammed and fall apart?

haha.. I haven't see it happen before..

but everyone has their own reason. so there is no right and wrong answer..

No one really likes going to AD for servicing/repair unless under warranty. It's a common knowledge they charge higher than market price.

If you still plan on going to Vertex for repair, better get them to quote you before the repair is done. Otherwise, you have no choice but to pay up.

Have you asked other workshops if they can repair it? I used to go Chew Goon at AMK Autopoint and find them reasonable. Or be a bit adventurous and try JB workshops..

I wouldn't bring to AD for anything too but according to feedback from several forums, the AMT jerking issue can only be solved by letting the AD calibrate with their computer. I'll get them to quote before anything is done.

I used to go JB as I have a regular mechanic there who knows how to repair Euro cars like, Renault, Peugeot, Citroen, Seat and Alfa that I used to own but he has already quit repairing cars. Workshops in SG always quote sky high prioces for Euro cars and I try to avoid if I can

Which QQ are you using? Actually the maintenance is not a problem if you know your way around except the AMT which is a problem not to mention costly to replace.

haha Chery and SEAT is a big gap right there. i agreed they shouldnt be selling them together under one roof.

They are selling them under one roof and sharing the same workshop which is short of manpower. Chery owners like me can probably can tahan poor service but what about Seat owners?? Are they going to have double standards and prioritise SEAT at eh expense of Chery owners. 

They should seperate both brands due to the big gap but they are trying to save $$$, Penny wise pound foolish?

CnC seperate their Kia, Mitsu and Citroen showrooms and even their workshops are seperate. 

Me loh! Why? Because every other car carries a depreciation of $8000 and this QQ has a depreciation of $3500 pa. Its not a matter of affordability but a matter of savings. Maybe I'll save on the purchase price but pay more later in maintenance? I wouldn't know yet. We'll see :)))

No leh, it has no problems going at 90kmh and engine still quite relaxed enough and no shake, rattle or roll. Its noisy but beats bus and MRT anytime anywhere. 

I'll let you guys know if it falls apart ok :)

I have read some bashing on MIC cars like as if can kena terminal illness just by driving and riding in them.

Well, the QQ could be the worst car in SG to drive and ride in but still much better than lorries/vans/ buses and tons of human beings DO drive and get transported in lorries/vans/buses everyday right?

Edited by Cttan456
  • Praise 4

Supercharged

well, its like that..

anyway I can see that you are very positive, keep it up.

Cars are expensive in sg and not all, can afford one while you could.

I also experience the same bias, sometime driving too slow or up the slope..

rear drivers will thought I did it on purpose..

high beam or cut into my lane..

life can be cruel..

• Praise 3

Me loh! Why? Because every other car carries a depreciation of $8000 and this QQ has a depreciation of $3500 pa. Its not a matter of affordability but a matter of savings. Maybe I'll save on the purchase price but pay more later in maintenance? I wouldn't know yet. We'll see :)))

No leh, it has no problems going at 90kmh and engine still quite relaxed enough and no shake, rattle or roll. Its noisy but beats bus and MRT anytime anywhere.

I have read some bashing on MIC cars like as if can kena terminal illness just by driving and riding in them.

Well, the QQ could be the worst car in SG to drive and ride in but still much better than lorries/vans/ buses and tons of human beings DO drive and get transported in lorries/vans/buses everyday right?

agreed. just hope the repair fees dont exceed 4k a year, as it adds into the depreciation. the sad thing abt chery is, most workshop do not have the parts, therefore replacing parts will be very expensive which need to be considered. =)

I wouldn't bring to AD for anything too but according to feedback from several forums, the AMT jerking issue can only be solved by letting the AD calibrate with their computer. I'll get them to quote before anything is done.

I used to go JB as I have a regular mechanic there who knows how to repair Euro cars like, Renault, Peugeot, Citroen, Seat and Alfa that I used to own but he has already quit repairing cars. Workshops in SG always quote sky high prioces for Euro cars and I try to avoid if I can

Which QQ are you using? Actually the maintenance is not a problem if you know your way around except the AMT which is a problem not to mention costly to replace.

I am not familiar about this calibration at the AD as I did not encountered any jerking issue back then. It's been a few years since I parted ways with QQ. It was a fun car to drive, as long you don't mind the above average wear and tear. The quality of their components is.. not really very good. Imagine the SE at Vertex telling me this himself..

But I am surprised at the change from Continental to a QQ, it's a big difference..

Perodua axia?

69999. Depreciate ard 6.7k/yr

Brand new. Parts easily available. Drive 10 years.

↡ Advertisement