Chery QQ reviews ONLY

Glyuen

well, its like that..

anyway I can see that you are very positive, keep it up.

Cars are expensive in sg and not all, can afford one while you could.

I also experience the same bias, sometime driving too slow or up the slope..

rear drivers will thought I did it on purpose..

high beam or cut into my lane..

life can be cruel

Do you still own a QQ? Care to share where you buy parts from and send for repairs? TQ!

Have you ever bought from them?

http://sccpart.com/

Edited by Cttan456
↡ Advertisement

I am not familiar about this calibration at the AD as I did not encountered any jerking issue back then. It's been a few years since I parted ways with QQ. It was a fun car to drive, as long you don't mind the above average wear and tear. The quality of their components is.. not really very good. Imagine the SE at Vertex telling me this himself..

But I am surprised at the change from Continental to a QQ, it's a big difference..

But surprisingly that back then so many people buy QQ, you can see tons of them on the road. Lol. 

I am not familiar about this calibration at the AD as I did not encountered any jerking issue back then. It's been a few years since I parted ways with QQ. It was a fun car to drive, as long you don't mind the above average wear and tear. The quality of their components is.. not really very good. Imagine the SE at Vertex telling me this himself..

But I am surprised at the change from Continental to a QQ, it's a big difference..

All the cars I bought in the past were during low COE periods. But now it looks like COE will remain high and since I don't want to spent that much on a car, I went for the cheapest car I could find. Hopefully the maintenance won't make it an expensive car to own. Its a gamble.

I will appreciate very much if you could share withe me your workshop and parts lobang.

Have you tried buying from them before?

But surprisingly that back then so many people buy QQ, you can see tons of them on the road. Lol. 

many people bought back then cos COE was very low and this car was really cheap and looks cute with a nice interior with lots of gadgets for a 800cc. 

Your AMT didn't give any problems? 

Can u keep us updated on your qq? Let me know how it is

I did look at the Axia but I chose the QQ because I still save $3.2k a year on depreciation which can be used for repairs. I am curious to see how this gamble would pan out.

Glad to know quite a number of forumers are interested to know and I am more than happy to share my experience for the benefit of all.

Sent my car to Vertex this morning.The guy who attended to me said that a ECU calibration may not solve the problem and if it doesn't then its the transmission that is at fault. But they will try by calibrating it and clean all electrical contacts and we'll see what happens. Left the car there. Hope for the best.......

I did look at the Axia but I chose the QQ because I still save $3.2k a year on depreciation which can be used for repairs. I am curious to see how this gamble would pan out.

Glad to know quite a number of forumers are interested to know and I am more than happy to share my experience for the benefit of all.

Yes I'm definitely interested. Thanks for sharing your POV.

well, its like that..

anyway I can see that you are very positive, keep it up.

Cars are expensive in sg and not all, can afford one while you could.

I also experience the same bias, sometime driving too slow or up the slope..

rear drivers will thought I did it on purpose..

high beam or cut into my lane..

life can be cruel..

my car is new but boh power.  go up slope also very slow kena horn. hahahaha

see open lah

All the cars I bought in the past were during low COE periods. But now it looks like COE will remain high and since I don't want to spent that much on a car, I went for the cheapest car I could find. Hopefully the maintenance won't make it an expensive car to own. Its a gamble.

I will appreciate very much if you could share withe me your workshop and parts lobang.

Have you tried buying from them before?

I did come across them previously but did not purchase. One of the workshops they recommend is Chew Goon, which is where I did most of my servicing and repairs.I find their pricing reasonable and customer service is good. 

Sent my car to Vertex this morning.The guy who attended to me said that a ECU calibration may not solve the problem and if it doesn't then its the transmission that is at fault. But they will try by calibrating it and clean all electrical contacts and we'll see what happens. Left the car there. Hope for the best.......

I am not sure the ECU calibration they are performing is the same as the ECU reset I did outside. It was to prevent the AMT from dropping gears during driving. Did you encounter similar problem?

I did the ECU reset for $50 then, How much is Vertex charging and how many days you need to leave it there?

It's not only the money, also time taken up and inconvenience..

Sent my car to Vertex yesterday and collected on the same day.

Problem solved! 

The job description was computer diagnosis and clear error codes. Yep that solved the problem.

This was how my problem started. At first, the only problem I had was the gear shifting to neutral by itself while on 5th gear. I would be cruising on 5th and suddenly it would go to neutral. All the other gears worked fine. Sent to a transmission workshop and they changed the speed sensor. Problem solved but a new problem cropped up i.e. the car will jerk violently for a 3-4 seconds whenever I lift off the throttle on gear 1,2,3. Problem was intermittent. Went back to the workshop but they could not identify the problem. Went to Vertex to clear gearbox error codes and problem solved.

I think for this software problem, only Vertex has the equipment. Correct me if I am wrong and I hope I am wrong.

Labour charges was about $80 which included clearing of error codes and programming of remote locking key so that it worked again.

I also bought from Vertex a few stuffs that were missing from the car:

front seat-back plastic adjustment lever for $1.50 each

plastic ring surround for the door lock for $0.90 each

plastic pull knob for folding down rear seat back for $0.90 each

Had a pleasant experience at Vertex. 

The SA was friendly and attentive and we even had time for a chit chat. My car was parked in the open car park and when it was about to rain, he offered to drive my car to me into the indoor service area so that I needn't go into the rain. The receptionist also gave me a big stack of Ang Pow. Thumbs up!

Gong Xi Fa Cai :)))))

my car is new but boh power.  go up slope also very slow kena horn. hahahaha

see open lah

What car is yours? 

I am not sure the ECU calibration they are performing is the same as the ECU reset I did outside. It was to prevent the AMT from dropping gears during driving. Did you encounter similar problem?

I did the ECU reset for $50 then, How much is Vertex charging and how many days you need to leave it there?

I didn't encounter that problem. Can share with me which workshop did the ECU reset for you?  I wonder if its the same thing as what Vertex did. If they can also do it I'll go to them. My visit to Vertex was a very pleasant one but the only problem is need to book 2-3 weeks in advance. Other workshops usually can do this type of job on the spot

Edited by Cttan456
  • Praise 1

I didn't encounter that problem. Can share with me which workshop did the ECU reset for you?  I wonder if its the same thing as what Vertex did. If they can also do it I'll go to them. My visit to Vertex was a very pleasant one but the only problem is need to book 2-3 weeks in advance. Other workshops usually can do this type of job on the spot

Your problem is quite different. I am not sure if they are the same remedy. Probably Vertex has the latest firmware for troubleshooting.

Good that your car is fixed in time for CNY. Enjoy the long weekend!

Bro which workshop did ur QQ ecu reset $50 as I'm keen to send mine for reset.
  • Praise 1