Hydraulic Fluid for Power Steering

Virus

Hi SOGers,

Can anyone advice what type of hydraulic fluid in market can I use on Octavia Ambiente?? Eg STP Power Steering Fluid.

The operation manual say to check the fluid on operation tempreture, does it mean 'cold engine' or 'hot engine' after driving?? confused.gifconfused.gif

↡ Advertisement

Have to revive this old thread. Bought a 9yr old Passat B5.5 as 'kar ta"

Realise the power steering flud is low. Done some research and most said Pentosin CHF-11S is to be used.

Any experts cAn help? Do i meed to use that only or any steerin fluid off shelf? I cant find the above fluid.

Pls advise. Tks

Either brake fluid or the typical steering red fluid will do. Left 1 year only mai chap lah. Just go to your regular workshop ask mechanic top up foc. Steering fluid very cheap.

• Praise 1

Have to revive this old thread. Bought a 9yr old Passat B5.5 as 'kar ta"

Realise the power steering flud is low. Done some research and most said Pentosin CHF-11S is to be used.

Any experts cAn help? Do i meed to use that only or any steerin fluid off shelf? I cant find the above fluid.

Pls advise. Tks

11S is also used in Saab and its not easy to find. I googled and found out amsoil power steering fluid is compatible.

I am using amsoil now and no problem.

Car old already sure leaking everywhere. Just top up and endure til COE expire.

Yap. Sure has leaking but i dun wan to add in incompatible one and get the squelling noise. That gona be irritating. So far still enjoying the old tanker.

Tks for the input.

11S is also used in Saab and its not easy to find. I googled and found out amsoil power steering fluid is compatible.

Hi, you driving a saab now?

Where u get the amsoil?

I am also using amsoil power steering fluid. good stuff.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2

I think power steering fluid will be hard to find soon since car makers now uses electrical power assisted steering. Since brakes uses the same application of hydraulic power might as well use brake fluid.

Yap. Sure has leaking but i dun wan to add in incompatible one and get the squelling noise. That gona be irritating. So far still enjoying the old tanker.

Tks for the input.

Where u get the amsoil?

One local company is selling.

Tks for the input.

Where u get the amsoil?

Can get from Autobacs

:D

• Praise 6