Anti-Slip Mat Melted on Dashboard

Nutty

(edited)

My Anti-Slip mat lasted me 8 months before it partially melted on my dashboard.

This is probably due to my ride being parked under for sun for 9 hours at my office daily.

Anyone encountered melted anti-slip mat before? [:/]

The transparent slimy remains kinda mildly messed up my dashboard. Tried spraying a lot of protectant and wiping it away, but still got a bit of mess left. [:|]

Edited by Nutty
↡ Advertisement

Ya... must occasionally check it out.

I lifted it during my interior cleaning and found my hand full of sticky goo. [whip]

The only consolation I got was... the goo is transparent instead of black. [:p]

Wah lau. I just bought one piece. [dead] But I'm intending to use it to line the inside of a compartment below the dashboard, so that my CDs kept inside won't rattle while I'm driving. I also park under the sun for 9 hours at the office. I hope it doesn't melt. [sweatdrop]

(edited)

You bought the same brand from the same place? [laugh]

I think maybe recently too hot liao, the mat finally cannot take it and commit suicide. [knife]

Nah beh... think I'm the first SG driver to have a melted mat. [:|]

Edited by Nutty

I bought mine from the DIY store. Self-fix or Home-fix, near my home. $3 a piece, now still sitting on my table.

If you want to get rid of the goo, try lighter fluid. It won't damage plastics, and it should lift the goo off. Lighter fluid is less dense than WD40, and will evaporate quickly and cleanly.

Neutral Newbie

You're not the only one. Mine melted and hardened! So now i have a permanent grid stain on my dash...Its due to the long hours under the hot sun.

Thanks for sharing my pain.

One of my friend put a Evo diecast model on his dashboard, and it melted too.

Anyone has any idea how hot it can get if our ride is parked under the sun over prolonged period?

60 degs? 70 degs?

Neutral Newbie

I have anti slip mats on my dash and car is often under the sun too but so far still ok. I'm surprised... might wanna take it all out after hearing this. Good luck in removing the carcass...

Neutral Newbie

Haha,i have a diecast Cooper S on the mat and the tyres melted into the grooves! Now my cooper's tyres look like that of a tractor! heheh I reckon it can get up to 70deg.

Ya... must occasionally check it out.

I lifted it during my interior cleaning and found my hand full of sticky goo. [whip]

The only consolation I got was... the goo is transparent instead of black. [:p]

Oh... Sgt, u can try to park ur car under hot sun again, so when the goo melt again or soften then u wipe loh. [:)]

↡ Advertisement