Guidelines on Posting Rules

Assassin

Turbocharged

our moderators are not having a easy time leh:- too strict on things, less people will be interested in posting >> less postings will make the forum damn boring and thus quiet >>> even less people visiting let alone posting >>> MCF becomes ghost town...... bigcry.gifbigcry.gifbigcry.gif

i guess we live in a real world so does MCF, and a real world has sidetracks/driftings,..... so the moderators have tough choices to make everyday..... sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

In each of the folder somewhere near the top left corner you will see the names of any moderator(s) for that particular folder. nod.gif

1 or 2 moderators will be looking after each of the folders. However, there will also be some folders where there are no moderators listed. Anyway, Admin has overall authority over all the folders. nod.gif

Neutral Newbie

But I agree the no drifting too much/over.... [sly]

At the beginning, TB intends the MCF also Techincial discussion, no bull Sh*t words too.

Turbocharged

Oh, like tat ahh!!??...... hmmm, another techno/geeky forum??? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif ...... wah, yat yat kong kei hei, moon mmm moon did ahh??? tongue.giftongue.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Edited by Super7

Neutral Newbie

But pls think back, if every times people drifting on every thread, how other members got paitent to read those drift words if they are interested on that thread. [sweatdrop]

sometimes might read about 10 pages then find the useful info on that thread.

Like me, 1days not go in MCF, next day at least got 100 posts, and could be only 10% of those post are useful....then 3, 5 days not with MCF... [sweatdrop]

Edited by Mondeo

Turbocharged

i mean drifting in chatzone is thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif ... but drifting in technical zone: shakehead.gifshakehead.gifshakehead.gifshakehead.gif ...... unless in the technical threads, the starters themselves also start to drift after all the technical discussions are over........ smile.gifsmile.gif

With the amount of new members we get coming into MCF and participating in the discussions, I think this might be a good time to bring to your attention the "Guidelines on Posting Rules" as stated in the "Terms of Use" link at the bottom of the MCF main page.

The Terms of Use link is as follows:

http://www.mycarforum.com/show.cgi?do=show;content=disclaimer;type=disclaimer;left=1

At the bottom of this page will be the following extract:

Guidelines on Posting Rules rulez.gif

• Slanderous, defamatory, obscene, violent, abusive, threatening and harassing comments will not be allowed.
  • Refrain from posting information which is not publicly available.
  • Pls declare vested interest (if any) on the topic you are discussing
  • No personal attacks on other participants
  • No profanity or obscenities of any kind.
  • Please do not stray from the discussion topic.
  • No political or racial comments will be allowed.
  • No impersonation of other participants or public figures.
  • No multiple postings
  • No advertisement or solicitation of any kind - for advertising enquiry, please send an email to [email protected] .
  • No copyrighted material is allowed. Please use links instead.
  • No FULL CAPS postings. In internet, CAPS equates to shouting.

I do hope that we can all contribute fruitfully to the forum and make it an enjoyable place for everyone to be in. nod.gif

Cheers to one and all and do enjoy your time in MCF ! nod.gif

Edited by Assassin

Bringing this thread back to the top again...especially for members not familiar with the posting rules in MCF. smile.gif

"Due to limit space in the Server,

We will only keep threads for a period of up to 1 month.

Only threads that are informative and useful will be kept for a longer period.

Thanks."

Everyone, please note the above as well... so don't be surprised when the mods delete old threads.

Cheers!

[thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup] now i do see someone going around making checks....i'm sorry to say but it does seems getting almost abit out of hand....

three cheers to our moderator's' [bounce2][bounce2][bounce2][:)]

No offence to the rest, just some penny comments from turtle...... [:)]

(edited)

It is a very grey area to decide what we want to have in this forum. And we do sometimes step on people's toes. We do close one eye now and then...but we cant do that all the time. sweatdrop.gif

All I can say is this.... please try to understand that we are looking out for MCF as a whole.... and we do hope that everyone will help to make this forum an enjoyable one to be in. nod.gif

Cheers smile.gif

Edited by Assassin

yep, you put it so nicely mah, so borrow loh! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

hopefully the guys won't make noise again when i start deleting old threads... sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif housekeeping mah. wink.gif