Shell Helix Ultra

Coaxialcable

Neutral Newbie

Was using SHU on my Honda and just switched over to Castrol Syntec 0w30. The engine is more rev-happy, acceleration appears to be smoother and sounded less harsh than when on SHU. Very happy with the oil now.

↡ Advertisement

wah... okie okie... but question... w30 oil is supposed to be thinner, which accounts for better fuel economy, smoother acceleration and quieter engine? right? [:)]

i think i will give w30 oil a miss... my ride going for its full sythetic oil engine in early oct.. so considering my options now...

is it really able to last a full 10,000 or 6 months whichever is earlier? mmz..how much would a branded fully synthetic engine oil cost? [:/]

i want added engine protection... [lipsrsealed] w30 might be a little thin for my liking?

Edited by Weixiang_06

Neutral Newbie

1)10K - no problem. 2) Less than $60. 3) So it has got more to do with personal preference rather than proven data or statistics.

Bro, if someone can proved that he can used a 5W20 in his exotic Ferrari for normal road use without any adverse effect on wear, are you convinced?

How lasting is the oil depends mostly on the quality of additives/base stock, for your info SHU "fully synthetic" are in fact hydrocrack group III oil only. Why pay a fully synthetic price for a group III oil [dizzy] .

Castrol Syntec 0w30 which is rated MB 229.5 can in fact last up to 30k OCI. It is reputed to out protect & out perform most over the counter Synthetic.

Castrol Syntec 0w30 aka GC is very well researched and tested in BITOG.

Do a search/read there if you want further information on oil.

European & MB rating

http://www.whnet.com/4x4/oil.html

Edited by Trex101

That time i got my Mobil Gold for $60.00 [:)] It's from 1 of the bros selling in this folder so was kind of lucky [:p]

Now i'm on Castrol SLX which i have bought from one of the spare part shops in Alexandra [:)]

Next to try would be the Castrol Edge which is a 40W oil [sly]

Bro, me got no lobang in buying engine oil so can't help you much on it [;)]

Got Lobangz must share leh...

$60 for Mobil 1 Gold is cheap!! [shocked]

Now got people introduce Castrol SLX......sounds tempting too!

Wa....you have friends who changed their fully synthetic engine oil every 5000km?! Wa Turbo car uh??? Or he changed himself one?? hehehe...save the labour.. [laugh]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

That $60 bucks for Mobil Gold is not a lobang lah [:)] If got lobang sure share with the bros here one [nod] That time is someone selling in 1 of the folder's here [;)]

My friend whom change his Shell Helix Ultra at every 5,000km is driving a Kelisa only [:p] He is a mechanic in one of the local agent's workshop so changing oil & repairing minor stuff is easy for him [;)]

I called the shop, the SE there also don't know what's Mobil 1 gold or silver. [dead]

Anyway....he told me 1 quart is 0.96L, so if 1 get 4 quart it's $59.60. If it's really Mobil 1 Gold quality....it's quite worth to buy! [shocked]

That time when Giant/Carrefour got offer for Mobil oil, they also come in this silver packing [nod] The price was cheaper than this but that time is promotion period [;)]

Not too long back, i saw some 0-40W also in silver packing like this in Giant Marina Square [:)] Price can't remember liao but should be almost the same [:)]