Shell Helix Ultra

Coaxialcable

Turbocharged

UOA may tell you otherwise.

To some, they may have to change EO at 5k as the usage is similar to Severe operating conditions.

Ya.. my car manual also state 10k for severe driving conditions..instead of 15k.

start stop traffic in sg definitely qualifies.

↡ Advertisement

sorry cnnot get you,

can you stright forward to say can or cannot use full Synthetic Shell Helix Ultrs 15W-40 to replace 5W-40 in Singapore condition, any harm to engine?

no issue with that. if you are looking at HX5 which is an mineral oil, probably recommend to change at 5k interval. If you want good 15w40 from shell go for rimula 4x which is a heavy duty engine oil for diesel and petrol engines. Malaysia shell is selling 79rm for a 5 litre bottle singapore station selling around 50plus for the same thing.

Ya.. my car manual also state 10k for severe driving conditions..instead of 15k.

start stop traffic in sg definitely qualifies.

I take the manual as a reference and move from there. I also take note where tbe manual originates and if it was localised for SG as driving conditions and temperature could be different. I advocate the use of a good quality engine oil. In my situation previously, I was using the best synthetic the AD supplied 5w50. Protection and heat removal seems good. However, I have engine oil level issue.

where can buy cheap Shell Helix Ultra Full synthetic 5W40?

Shell station 7-11 sellsS$113.00

Kah Motor S$102.16

any others?

I get from amazon under the Pennzoil brand, also have PurePlus technology.

• Praise 1

I get from amazon under the Pennzoil brand, also have PurePlus technology.

I think Pennzoil is different formula. Even though now it is own by sea hum.

• Praise 1

pennzoil and shell have different formulations.. although there was a period in the past where they were the same...

u can compare the latest SHU technical specs eg viscosity etc with the pennzoils and they dont match.. i compared them about 1 month back.. unless they changed again.

How's the new PurePlus different from the old SHU? Anyone tried?

my eo dipstick at lower portion became cleaner, like silvery metal color when it's new n without eo.

my eo dipstick at lower portion became cleaner, like silvery metal color when it's new n without eo.

Is the rest of the dipstick yellowish or golden ?  

Edited by Kklee
↡ Advertisement