Vicom Annual Car Inspection

Coaxialcable

I told my mechanic liao....he said, he can go down with me. And those inspector will give some face to these mechanics as they are making a living out of cars. But he see my white lights, he said if the head inspector or "the boss" is around...he no give face one.

You see, the problem is, people say headlight is not a criteria to pass the overall inspection. And headlights will always fail, so if I change to yellow bulbs, tendency is that it will still fail. So, is there a point to change back to yellow halogen bulbs? So I fail my headlights becoz of HID but the rest of my inspection still pass. Will I still get an overall pass??

Sorry....I hope brothers here don't puke blood talking to me. [laugh]

Edited by Coaxialcable

Neutral Newbie
headlights, most of the time failed. i asked the inspectors, they say even new cars, headlights will fail. so i ask them wat constitute a pass for headlight or taillights (as in a hint if i change my headlights n taillights), he said that as long front lights are white or yellowish white, brake lights are red and signal lights are orange...that will pass through. but if headlights fail, ur inspection will still pass as it's not a compulsory item to get passed...thumbsup.gif

I installed solar films in JB. Expect that the 2 front window film, and possibly the windscreen film could fail. I'm using V-Kool 70 for the windscreen, but then the windscreen is already slightly-tinted. So that could potentially result in a failure. The back window and back windscreen films are OK.

If that's the case, would it result in an overall failure?

[dizzy][dizzy][dizzy][crazy][crazy][crazy]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

You change to stock headlights fail but overall still pass.

You don't change anything keep your HIDs headlamps still fail but most likely overall still fail because HIDs are already illegal liao (if they don't realise it's HIDs, gd).

Both will fail but failing with original lamps may get you to pass overall. If the "Head" can tell it's aftermarket HIDs, can confirm overall sure fail one. The "Head" is an inspector from LTA.

Wah lan, i also [dizzy]

Bro...THANKS! [thumbsup]

Okay...truely understand now!! [thumbsup]

Thanks for your patience in explaining!!

Fog lighs, doesn't matter, right?

My fog lights are original workshop fitted. But bulbs are not.......must change bulbs too?

Edited by Coaxialcable

Bro.....I am using 6000K HID.

It's White, HID....so what will the verdict be?

sigh.... unimpressed.gif

the thing is bro, i'm not the inspector unsure.gif but again, u can always try ur luck and if overall results still fails, the 2nd time usually is free, so go to ur mechanic, chg to halogen bulbs, come back to pass it n chg it back...this is the risk we hv to go through if we use soemthing different...as long as it's passed, see ya next year!

i've never seen them check my tinted windows...i think as long as it doesn't really look too tinted...they'll never chk...sweatdrop.gif, for me, my fronts r not so dark...so i guess they din bother to check...

Neutral Newbie

no nid, cos they would onli test ur headlight and not fog light..

i have heard ppl clearing thru inspection with HID fitted. anyway, this is a v funny issue, according to law, its still illegal.

i;m worried for my inspection too. HID, plus full car 80% tinting.

Thanks bro..

But you know, I am using a HID. I can't just change any yellow bulbs on the spot as the bulbs are connected to the ballasts.

I have to remove my bumper and dis-connect my ballast and install the yellow bulbs.

Oh...bro, THANKS!! [sweatdrop]

Think I will need to change my bulbs for sure now!

Time to buy some cheap H3 bulbs...hehe

i got lightly used H3 bulbs in my store... u wan? cheap cheap $10 per pair.

that's y bro, i dun hv a fancy to do that....unless if the car comes wif it, that's y thinking for the next one to make sure everyhting is included n declared legal..thumbsup.gif

Neutral Newbie

Agree with you bro. Why go to all the trouble installing all these illegal gadgets and when inspection time arrives, start pulling off the hair worrying about whether they will pass.

another true thing. i do not want to be always afraid when driving, unnecessary kan chiongness when see tp or rov. i want a stress free ride cos i know how it feels to be stress, i used to ride a motorbike with exhaust pipe modified with "internal" settings..very kan chiong when see tp...presently, when see tp only check my speedo..to be in speed limit but no need to be kan chiong of modified apparels...thumbsup.gif

↡ Advertisement