Search
Opel Zafira

• Search this thread
59 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:54 PM

Deathsythe
  • Deathsythe
    Banned

Saw this model at a roadshow in Toa Payoh Hub today. Was attracted to the looks and instrument. The model comes in 1.8 MTA and 2.2 A.

The pricing for the 1.8 MTA is advertised at $82688 on the website but $69xxx on Sat paper.

Anyone driving the car? How does it compare with Toyota Wish and the new Honda Stream?

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:18 PM

Renegade
  • Renegade
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Not sure if they've sold any 1.8's yet but it's on my "must check out soon" list.... smile.gif
________________________________________________________________________________
________

What re-sale value ? [:p]

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:28 PM

Seansene
  • Seansene
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Let's hope they don't have the same attitude towards test drives as the last time...

Alliteration goes a long way

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:32 PM

Firstcall
  • Firstcall
    5th Gear

$69k is after rebates...

I'ver never drove any but it is a class above Wish and Stream in terms of material quality and equipment, as most likely handling. That fancy roof is also unique. The new VVT engine is good but FC, may not be as good compared to Wish and Stream due to heavier body.

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:41 AM

Suxelis
  • Suxelis
    2nd Gear

Test Drove Zafira B, quite good car. But you need 3 people in middle row to get out to get two more into the back row. And when it rains.....saw new Stream in Japan. I would wait until trying that before deciding. Also coming to SG is Chevolet Captiva, 7 seater SUV, also worth looking at before deciding. Chevy makes the 5 seater captiva for Opel to be sold as Antara.

However, a good bet might be a used Odessey.

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:40 AM

Renegade
  • Renegade
    6th Gear

"...after rebates..." ?

You mean there's creative acconting at work here again? With all its rivals priced in the 60-ish range (eg., Wish, Stream, Edix, etc.), why can't they just say it's $69k, for heavens' sake shakehead.gif
________________________________________________________________________________
________

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:49 AM

Route88
  • Premium member
    Route88
    Turbocharged

European styling would be key factor in sale of Zafira,which was popular as a mid size mpv,but slightly higher priced than
Wish or Stream.For the 2.2 A , might as well take the Ody or Grandis.

Another contender is VW Touran aka taxi
What is the most effective way to control the world?
"MIND CONTROL"

We are being hypnotised and brainwashed !!! 

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:51 AM

Route88
  • Premium member
    Route88
    Turbocharged

Most dealer post after rebate or lowest possible price.
Its a bait
What is the most effective way to control the world?
"MIND CONTROL"

We are being hypnotised and brainwashed !!! 

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:54 AM

Renegade
  • Renegade
    6th Gear

Well, if anything great I can say about the Touran, it's that it makes its rivals look really good value - unless things have changed, the last time I asked, they were charging about $90k for the 1.6FSI... hur.gif

And we were just complaining how poor value the 2.2 Zafira was....and we haven't even touched on the aesthetics yet laugh.gif
________

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:54 AM

Renegade
  • Renegade
    6th Gear

Let's hope they don't have the same attitude towards test drives as the last time...

Attitude? What attitude? rolleyes.gif
________

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:06 PM

Russ
  • Russ
    3rd Gear

Drove one in the UK - 1.6 Manual, which was underpowered ...

1.5 tonnes - smaller but heavier than a PICNIC.

Decent ride and handling but not great refinement.

Mazda 5 and Honda Stream both weigh 150 kg less for about the same size.
Both will perform better and drink less

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:32 PM

Kalibur
  • Kalibur
    Neutral Newbie

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

I believe the present 1.8MTA Zafi is pretty alright.. nod.gif

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:37 AM

Chteoo
  • Chteoo
    Clutched

Dear all,

I drove the 1.8 MTA and the 2.2A. Need to get use to the MTA but the 2.2A comes in naturally as a traditional auto=transmission.

Wonder if anyone may be able to compare it with the Grand Scenic (which I believe is a 7-seater too)

Thank you.
Have Car Will Travel!

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:59 PM

Koolaba
  • Premium member
    Koolaba
    5th Gear

Hello,

I am currently driving a rental Opel Zafira 1.9CDTI in Austria. The torque of the engine is mind-blowing. The power and torque characteristics of the engine are able to propel the car with no problem. However, this model will never make it on the roads in Singapore due to our road tax structure.

The seating system is innovative. It can be a 5 or 7 seater. However the rear 2 seats are best left for kids or adults who are not taller than 1.7m.

My main gripe with this car: Constant rattles at the dashboard area. This is not I will expect from a 5 month old car with less than 17,000km on its odometer. The construction of the centre console is the main cause of the rattling problem. Take a look at the number of adjacent plastic panels used in the construction and the answer is not difficult to adduce.

Attached Thumbnails

• Zafira1.jpg
  • zafira 2.jpg

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:57 AM

Chteoo
  • Chteoo
    Clutched

wink.gif
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

I have just booked a Renault Grand Scenic, after some considerations. Looking toward a successful COE bidding.

Cheers!
thumbsup.gif

Edited by Chteoo, 15 January 2007 - 12:58 AM.

Have Car Will Travel!

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:51 AM

Koolaba
  • Premium member
    Koolaba
    5th Gear

You are welcome. Enjoy your new ride.

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:08 PM

Cino
  • Cino
    Neutral Newbie

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

Just tried the Zafira 1.8 today.

the drive is great!

but does anyone know whether the maintenance for the car is high?

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:14 PM

Unic
  • Premium member
    Unic
    3rd Gear

I test drive the zafira 1.8 too today because they don't have the vectra 1.8 which I'm interested in. I was told it comes with 1st 3 yrs free servicing (labour & material, except wear & tear)

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:14 PM

Toyo
  • Premium member
    Toyo
    Supercharged

I'm afraid the maintainance is quite high from what i gather from other owners. i was previously looking at opel meriva but decided not to buy due to its potentially higher running costs

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:28 PM

Kb27
  • Kb27
    Turbocharged

My friend's Zafira recently needs a fuel injectors rail change bcoz the engine can suddenly die on the road at anytime.
Cost $2k approximate, she gave up and sold away the car. laugh.gif
I think it is a nice car, but prepare to spend for maintenance.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users