Opel Zafira

Deathsythe

Saw this model at a roadshow in Toa Payoh Hub today. Was attracted to the looks and instrument. The model comes in 1.8 MTA and 2.2 A.

The pricing for the 1.8 MTA is advertised at $82688 on the website but $69xxx on Sat paper.

Anyone driving the car? How does it compare with Toyota Wish and the new Honda Stream?

↡ Advertisement

$69k is after rebates...

I'ver never drove any but it is a class above Wish and Stream in terms of material quality and equipment, as most likely handling. That fancy roof is also unique. The new VVT engine is good but FC, may not be as good compared to Wish and Stream due to heavier body.

Neutral Newbie

Test Drove Zafira B, quite good car. But you need 3 people in middle row to get out to get two more into the back row. And when it rains.....saw new Stream in Japan. I would wait until trying that before deciding. Also coming to SG is Chevolet Captiva, 7 seater SUV, also worth looking at before deciding. Chevy makes the 5 seater captiva for Opel to be sold as Antara.

However, a good bet might be a used Odessey.

Neutral Newbie

"...after rebates..." ?

You mean there's creative acconting at work here again? With all its rivals priced in the 60-ish range (eg., Wish, Stream, Edix, etc.), why can't they just say it's $69k, for heavens' sake [shakehead]

European styling would be key factor in sale of Zafira,which was popular as a mid size mpv,but slightly higher priced than

Wish or Stream.For the 2.2 A thumbsdown.gif, might as well take the Ody or Grandis.

Another contender is VW Touran aka taxi

Neutral Newbie

Well, if anything great I can say about the Touran, it's that it makes its rivals look really good value - unless things have changed, the last time I asked, they were charging about $90k for the 1.6FSI... [hur]

And we were just complaining how poor value the 2.2 Zafira was....and we haven't even touched on the aesthetics yet [laugh]

Drove one in the UK - 1.6 Manual, which was underpowered ...

1.5 tonnes - smaller but heavier than a PICNIC.

Decent ride and handling but not great refinement.

Mazda 5 and Honda Stream both weigh 150 kg less for about the same size.

Both will perform better and drink less

Neutral Newbie

Dear all,

I drove the 1.8 MTA and the 2.2A. Need to get use to the MTA but the 2.2A comes in naturally as a traditional auto=transmission.

Wonder if anyone may be able to compare it with the Grand Scenic (which I believe is a 7-seater too)

Thank you.

Hello,

I am currently driving a rental Opel Zafira 1.9CDTI in Austria. The torque of the engine is mind-blowing. The power and torque characteristics of the engine are able to propel the car with no problem. However, this model will never make it on the roads in Singapore due to our road tax structure.

The seating system is innovative. It can be a 5 or 7 seater. However the rear 2 seats are best left for kids or adults who are not taller than 1.7m.

My main gripe with this car: Constant rattles at the dashboard area. This is not I will expect from a 5 month old car with less than 17,000km on its odometer. The construction of the centre console is the main cause of the rattling problem. Take a look at the number of adjacent plastic panels used in the construction and the answer is not difficult to adduce.

post-3-1168779552_thumb.jpg

post-3-1168779553_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

[;)]

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

I have just booked a Renault Grand Scenic, after some considerations. Looking toward a successful COE bidding.

Cheers!

[thumbsup]

Edited by Chteoo

Neutral Newbie

Just tried the Zafira 1.8 today.

the drive is great!

but does anyone know whether the maintenance for the car is high?

I test drive the zafira 1.8 too today because they don't have the vectra 1.8 which I'm interested in. I was told it comes with 1st 3 yrs free servicing (labour & material, except wear & tear)

↡ Advertisement