Chevrolet Epica 2.0

Shouyi

Neutral Newbie

Chevrolet Epica is made in Korea, not in the US. But is there a difference ! hahaha [hur]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Chevrolet Epica is made in Korea, not in the US. But is there a difference ! hahaha [hur]

It is Daewoo Tosca in Korea, Holden Epica in Australia, Chevrolet Epica for the rest of the world and Suzuki Verona in USA...

Hopefully to get one soon. I am doing one to one exchange :- trade in old one.

I used to travel NSH, also like u lah, balik kompung, that is why I take 2.0L with IL6V a very deep consideration.

I spend almost seven hours each time, when traveling in the NSH. My previous cars did not give a comfortable ride. But i also worried that 2.0L seen a waste here, i means cant perform to the maximum. ha ha ha [:p]

Ah CAT,

This one not IL6V, it is In-Line 6......it is more balance naturally than V6 [:)]

It is Daewoo Tosca in Korea, Holden Epica in Australia, Chevrolet Epica for the rest of the world and Suzuki Verona in USA...

==============

The Epica we get in SG is assembled in Thailand. Same with Optra, Aveo & Cruse.

==============

And they pass the saving to consumer, not like Thaiyota [:(]

And they pass the saving to consumer, not like Thaiyota [:(]

===========

BM banking on their long standing reputation with Toyota so can charge high also pple wil buy.

But the feedback I get is the Thai Toyota is nowhere near the quality of the Jap Toyota.

Once pple start to realize this, BM wil have to drop their prices. But Sporeans very slow to realize this.

==============

Not sure about the others, but my epica chassis and engine number prefix are all Korea..

This 2010 facelifted Epica wo the accessories of the previous 2009 model c/w with a downside of only @2.5k difference in OMV (15k+ vs 17k+)..interestingly,the OMV difference with Thai made Camry is @11k+ but the Camry selling price is @20k+ more than the epica..so i took d epica as with d current coe d depreciation is similar w my old 2003 1.6 ride otherwise if anything higher, i wd get burnt!

I though Epica was assemble in Korea, only Optra, Cruze and Aveo are make in Thailand.

How about Captiva? Where is it assemble? Have seem a lot of Epica in Indonesia, they love the Diesel version.

I though Epica was assemble in Korea, only Optra, Cruze and Aveo are make in Thailand.

How about Captiva? Where is it assemble? Have seem a lot of Epica in Indonesia, they love the Diesel version.

Captiva from Aussie..d diesel epica is IL4 not IL6 but with a better torque than petrol epica..strangely our diesel tax is very punitive to own a diesel car..

Cruze made in thailand???

i thought it was in Korea....

what's the latest pricing for the Epica 2.0L???

do they still bring in the 2.4L???

Not sure leh, anyone can confirm where Cruze was make?

Cruze made in thailand???

i thought it was in Korea....

what's the latest pricing for the Epica 2.0L???

do they still bring in the 2.4L???

Donno abt Cruze..latest px for epica is @98k+ and AD don bring in anymore 2.5L version

Just test driven this evening the 2L and 2.5L.

I have not driven a made in Korea car for a few years now and i am surprise how far it has come along in terms of build quality, engine and design. Having test driven the Camry recently, I must say the new Epica is not too far behind in terms of comfort. The inline 6 engine is sweet and reminds me of the GM family cars in the US of A.

Me wife also likes it and we are seriously considering. Only major concern is whether this new Epica will become the new target from our local taxi company. Ha ha....

from your description, it looks like that this car is awesome..

• Praise 1

Epica 2.0 advertised for $88.9K in today's papers.

Great deal at $30k cheaper than the Thai asembled Japanese makes.

Epica is V6 and 6 speed compared to Camry 4 cylinder 4 speed.

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1