Perodua Kenari Mini-MPV to be Launched in S'pore

Vit4wd

Saw at Motorshow, nice roomy car but kind of boxy van like. I like the way the tail lamps integrate with the roof spoiler. Nice body kit.

Given its tall stance, I wonder if the vehicle will be less stable when turning at naughty speeds. Will test drive when the show is over.

aiyah...if u want a car for cornering at naughty speed, u should have not even consider this car in the first place.......so, make up ur mind on what is ur top priority in choosing the ride hor.. [:p]

again, allow me to bring in the word QQ into this post....u know what i meant right??.. [laugh]

I have driven the auto version in KL - A friend's car. Very underpowered. The manual is recommended.

Interior space is similar to that of the Suzuki Wagon R+

http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-2Xjt5pwB-1033.html

It is best to approach corners with caution.

Overall, this 12V DOHC 3 cylinder is rather perky at low revs and is city driving friendly. Surprisingly, the 3 cyliner engine does not rattle as much as the 1l Kelisa.

Edited by Vit4wd

P2 cars are Daihatsu cars. Daihatsu engines are Toyota engines. Get it? These are made in Malaysia Toyota K-cars. Quality? Definitely better than Proton.

Saw at Motorshow, nice roomy car but kind of boxy van like. I like the way the tail lamps integrate with the roof spoiler. Nice body kit.

Given its tall stance, I wonder if the vehicle will be less stable when turning at naughty speeds. Will test drive when the show is over.

Do feedback after your test drive

How do you think the 3 cylinder engine will last and will not start rattling after some years?

Remember those early 90s Swift 1l 3 cylinder sedans?

It's not the rattling that matters. Its the bulletproofness of such engines. They even outlasted many other cars. That says a lot of about their bombshelter construction.

Ask the 3-cylinder Swift owners. It all boils down to simplicity. More simple the engine, the more difficult it is to break down. Engineering principle.

Thank you Genie.

So it is pretty reasonable to purchase a brand new 1 litre "Toyota" for just S$36,000, with 3 yr, 100,000km warranty thrown in.