Daihatsu Copen

Tzehou

Hey hong hui I'm celebrating my birthday haha!! Never wish me lor! <_<

LOL, bro happy birthday man! Wah liew..u wake up so early one ar?

LOL, bro happy birthday man! Wah liew..u wake up so early one ar?

Wahh thanks man bro! When you guys having kopi session again? This time no more halfway go do business hor haha! [:p]

Hi guys,

Was thinking of getting this ride to replace my 1 year old MR-S. What do you guys think of this car? Went to test drive it today at BHP. Found it not bad for it's performance but a bit tight for the interior.

Only concern it's the spare parts availablity and servicing. Does anyone knows where can I purchase the spare parts for this car and which place is good to go for servicing for a car like this?

Lastly, do any of you guys know any local Copen car forum or English Copen car forums? Doing a search on Google mostly gave me Tawian and Japanese car forums for Copen. This only English language one is the one from the UK but it quite outdated.

Thanks to all for your kind responds. Hope I can meet up a few local Copen owners here in this fourm.

Cheers!

Can share with us how you value your life/safety driving such car?

Having driven 630kg Suzuki 800 for almost ten years, my observation: Our expressways here have got 90km/h speed limit. NSH has got 110km/h speed limit. Copen can achieve/maintain such speed. However, I have my doubt Copen can safely brake from such speed all the time. Likely the wheel locked and the car simply slides (hopefully and harmlessly in a straight line if safest). I believe it is safer if you go for Panda seems Fiat cars are designed to brake in a staright line even from full speed without ABS (the reason I bought Uno). I believe when you dedicate a budget to buy your car, you valued your own life = the car you just dedicated that budget to buy.

HI Good carbuyer,

no worries , i tried ebraking from 100 to 0 kmh, and it sure brakes as well as my ford focus,

and if any car u wanna modify, be sure u look in the brake section too.

yes is a small car, some say sure die, i will say smart car, picanto, QQ, kerlisa, mit-i, r1 and r2, .. continue....

all these are almost fatal cars if a lorry or container truck ram into it. some car maybe barely can protect u

but u see every where oso have those cars.

Copen a v low car and feed back is v alot, so much tat , when i drove my fren jazz, i feel unstable all the time.

cannot corner as fast , higher cg.

to me is budget, as u say u drive that 630 suzuki, i would say i prefer a SLK or C-class than wat i own now.

but how to afford.

so i chose that to have the fun without the burnt in the pocket.

as is cheap when i buy and have as much fun driving it.

with now the COE, i can say i sure cant own a convertible due to the crazy COE.

Edited by Circuit

HI Good carbuyer,

no worries , i tried ebraking from 100 to 0 kmh, and it sure brakes as well as my ford focus,

yes is a small car, some say sure die, i will say smart car, picanto, QQ, kerlisa, mit-i, r1 and r2, .. continue....

all these are almost fatal cars if a lorry or container truck ram into it. some car maybe barely can protect u

Copen a v low car and feed back is v alot, so much tat , when i drove my fren jazz, i feel unstable all the time.

to me is budget, as u say u drive that 630 suzuki, i would say i prefer a SLK or C-class than wat i own now.

but how to afford.

Nicely put! [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

HI Good carbuyer,

but how to afford.

I am also concerned with road adhersion of small Japanese cars in general: Kelisa better than Myvi it seems, Picanto suppose to be better brakes than Kelisa (saw a Picanto reduced to half normal length after crashing into Mercedes at high speed). QQ, R1, R1, Mti-I, do not go above 70km/h. May not stop/turn as the driver struggled with it. I do not like topless/convertible as there are a lot of birds delivering free gifts at random

I am also concerned with road adhersion of small Japanese cars in general: Kelisa better than Myvi it seems, Picanto suppose to be better brakes than Kelisa (saw a Picanto reduced to half normal length after crashing into Mercedes at high speed). QQ, R1, R1, Mti-I, do not go above 70km/h. May not stop/turn as the driver struggled with it. I do not like topless/convertible as there are a lot of birds delivering free gifts at random

Then you should consider other car.. But so far the brakes are ok with me.. Comes with ABS.. Always brake in time when incidents arise. And as for the birds free gifts I haven't really encounter.. [laugh]

Then you should consider other car.. But so far the brakes are ok with me.. Comes with ABS.. Always brake in time when incidents arise. And as for the birds free gifts I haven't really encounter.. [laugh]

I used to park my car under the shade of trees, and the birds pampered it with their free gifts. It seems Myvi more blind zones than other Japanese cars (musing to trade-in for others)

How's this cars acceleration vs 1.6l cars like the forte? Or 1.5l like the lancer ex? Does it lose out greatly?

Also how's the fc like? I heard ppl saying they get 10km/l, n that's terrible for a .6l car!

My Honda is getting 10km/l but mines a 2l, my friends vies is getting 14

I used to park my car under the shade of trees, and the birds pampered it with their free gifts. It seems Myvi more blind zones than other Japanese cars (musing to trade-in for others)

To tell u the truth, copen has a BIG blind spot when the roof is up. That is the right side. Left side is not a problem. I do park my car under trees to shade off the sun and got arti everytime. I guess every cars will get the free gifts when they park under trees haha!

How's this cars acceleration vs 1.6l cars like the forte? Or 1.5l like the lancer ex? Does it lose out greatly?

Also how's the fc like? I heard ppl saying they get 10km/l, n that's terrible for a .6l car!

I went JB few days ago to pump til my car cannot take it anymore and until around 55km the need starts moving down already, which is kinda fast. My previous car ( Hyundai Getz 1.1m) did 150>km before starting to drop. Full tank roughly 450km only, which is kinda bad for a 0.6l car as you've mentioned. Coz maybe everytime pick up need to activate the turbo? And one thing is the RPM reach damn high then change gear. (around 3000) Acceleration is good, mainly coz the car is light and it activates the turbo everytime. Can fight with normal 1.6l car I assumed.. ^_^

To tell u the truth, copen has a BIG blind spot when the roof is up. That is the right side. Left side is not a problem. I do park my car under trees to shade off the sun and got arti everytime. I guess every cars will get the free gifts when they park under trees haha!

Many thanks for the consolation (laugh)

Acceleration wise, if stock to stock, should be faster than most 1.6L cars. My FC is like 9.5, sometimes worse cause I'm running on high boost.

• Praise 1

Can share with us how you value your life/safety driving such car?

Having driven 630kg Suzuki 800 for almost ten years, my observation: Our expressways here have got 90km/h speed limit. NSH has got 110km/h speed limit. Copen can achieve/maintain such speed. However, I have my doubt Copen can safely brake from such speed all the time. Likely the wheel locked and the car simply slides (hopefully and harmlessly in a straight line if safest). I believe it is safer if you go for Panda seems Fiat cars are designed to brake in a staright line even from full speed without ABS (the reason I bought Uno). I believe when you dedicate a budget to buy your car, you valued your own life = the car you just dedicated that budget to buy.

Crash test wise, I would say Copen faired quite well compared to a lot of cars. Just

• Praise 1

I went JB few days ago to pump til my car cannot take it anymore and until around 55km the need starts moving down already, which is kinda fast. My previous car ( Hyundai Getz 1.1m) did 150>km before starting to drop. Full tank roughly 450km only, which is kinda bad for a 0.6l car as you've mentioned. Coz maybe everytime pick up need to activate the turbo? And one thing is the RPM reach damn high then change gear. (around 3000) Acceleration is good, mainly coz the car is light and it activates the turbo everytime. Can fight with normal 1.6l car I assumed.. ^_^

Bro, if you want good FC use your tiptronic in heartland and city drives. Change to upper gears as soon as you could. FC will be so so so much better. Tried it before and it works, but cannot tahan la..hahaha

↡ Advertisement