Renew Road Tax with Credit Card

Zakuii

Income accepts credit card ah? ok. will go check it out.

I have diners club but it is in hibernation, ie. not used. I cancelled it but they keep giving it back to me. weird.

The answer is NO. Sorry bro only by cash, cheque or NETS.

Unless your CC is link to your savings account and can be used as NETS. Yes.

U live in sg for how long liao? Have u notice govt sector or related ones are not CC friendly? Only NETS friendly. [:/]

Actually I am not aiming for monthly installment. Since the road tax amount is not little, I can earn some CC points if can pay by CC lor. If it is too much of a hassle, I'll just go pay online at onemotoring with NETS.

yeah... the govt is still quite backwards as they do not offer credit card payment. so why is the civil servants getting 2.7 mths bonus this year?

u can do so with citibank, but only at their one branch at capital square.

the counter is located at 2nd floor, take the escalator, turn right then left. follow the sign board and you will come to a room with counter service. got 2 chairs for you to sit in front of the counter while u wait for ur turn.

6 months' instalments will be charged to your CC monthly. if i remember correctly, they will also charge an admin fee. percentage wise i cant rem liao. [:p]

so bring along ur insurance cert, inspection cert (if your ride is more than 3 years' old) can renew ur road tax at the citibank counter on the spot. [;)]

hope this helps.

[sweatdrop] They are not backwards lah. It's just that CC company will charge govt a certain % for the service rendered.

Than govt will most likely have to mark up the price to cover that %. Would u want that?

Bo hwah. They'll charge a certain fee. Might as well request your bank to make your CC NETS friendly. No need fee. Even if there's any it'll be one time payment.

Hi guys,

thanks for your comments. I have no problem with all the comments lah...

anyway, i called up a few insurance companies and no CC for roadtax. so I paid online @ onemotoring with NETS.

Cheers!

↡ Advertisement