Haunted Roads in Singapore

Nutty

but springleaf area mostly new ang mo chu leh?

ya but there is a way to go back to sembawang road VIA nee soon road...

hv u try that?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

ya but there is a way to go back to sembawang road VIA nee soon road...

hv u try that?

yup... in fact, last time my NCC camp was there (Springleaf Camp)

but it was demolished many years back

Supersonic

I heard some stories from those who did their guard duty at Amoy Quee camp whilst in their national service in 1970s.

Heard everything in army camp during the 70s or even 80s had many scary stories! I think there is not much ghost story in the army now, since all camps are newly built.

how about the old seletar camp? i kena this before at the old roundabout just outside the seletar camp entrance. Saw a preganant lady waiting for bus at the bus stop outside the guardhouse at the roundabout. It was about 2am liao. I was on my way to sengkang from Yishun dam cutting through Seletar camp. She tried to stop me by putting up her arm, the same way we do when trying to hail down a cab. But i didn't dare to stop, cos firstly, hitch hiking is not a norm in SG, and secondly, what kind of person waits for a bus at 2am at this kind of place, let alone a pregnant lady?

yup... in fact, last time my NCC camp was there (Springleaf Camp)

but it was demolished many years back

anyway.. i was around that area few years back... and decided to drive into that area to look at private housing.... (just look nia)

then i tried to come back to main road via nee soon road...

i remember crossing a bridge...... that are was "most scary"

Supersonic

anyway.. i was around that area few years back... and decided to drive into that area to look at private housing.... (just look nia)

What's so scary about the bridge? [:/]

Turbocharged

how about the old seletar camp? i kena this before at the old roundabout just outside the seletar camp entrance. Saw a preganant lady waiting for bus at the bus stop outside the guardhouse at the roundabout. It was about 2am liao. I was on my way to sengkang from Yishun dam cutting through Seletar camp. She tried to stop me by putting up her arm, the same way we do when trying to hail down a cab. But i didn't dare to stop, cos firstly, hitch hiking is not a norm in SG, and secondly, what kind of person waits for a bus at 2am at this kind of place, let alone a pregnant lady?

seletar camp changes alot today

cut through it last week (same, from yishun to sengkang) and almost couldn't recognise the area

got another new road linking to punggol (via the small island)

Supersonic

I don't think army uses this as well. My reservist at Sungei Gedong, always train behind Gedong, never go until Neo Tiew there? Unless its other units then I'm not sure liao.

Amour unit usually only train around sungei gedong area, cause their tanker cannot cross over to neo tiew area. [:p] Other unit do sometimes do go to neo tiew area to train.

Supersonic

actually most of the roads in SG are brightly lit at night

hardly scary

Malaysia ones more tok kong

Malaysia roads are scary cause it is dark and you dont know when your car will ended up in a pothole! :D

Supercharged
(edited)

Bridge gone liao but I still avoid driving there even in the day. Dunno if the developers of the new properties there did prayers for the spirits of those who lived there and were murdered by the Japs when they invaded and made their way to the city centre via Woodlands, Sembawang, Seletar, etc. Remember there was a little shrine at the foot of one big tree by the stream that runs under the bridge.

Edited by Kklim

This nothing compare to what i gone through. I was in the Armour too.

The second scariest thing happened when one morning I wake up late, my sergeant was standing beside my bed! I told him I can

• Praise 1

(edited)

Hv been to one spooky road... nee soon road i think... try driving in at night

need to look out for dogs more than hantus

Edited by Mockngbrd

Turbocharged

If you are in armour in the late 70's, you should know the Supply Base opposite 21SA at Kranji Road beside the railway track. It was know then as OSB (Ordnance Supply Base). Heard many stories of the dirty camp and 2 months before I ORD from that camp was the most scariest thing happened to me.

oh... the one along the narrow Kranji Road, beside the industrial estate?

think it was demolished recently

Turbocharged

where was the bridge used to be located?

i can't remember

only remember the location of the former Springleaf camp

post-16885-1372656093_thumb.jpg

Supersonic

the bridge not scary

the area near the bridge sent chills down the spine.... <_<

What's around the bridge area? [:/]

Neutral Newbie

need to look out for dogs more than hantus

Bro, that's nothing. What's worse is the FTs who are cycling along the road at night w/o any bike lights and can see them toking on the phone while cycling.

Supercharged
(edited)

where was the bridge used to be located?

i can't remember

only remember the location of the former Springleaf camp

Where the stream feeds into Sungei Seletar. There was a playground on the right if you drive southeast. Never saw any kids there. This Nee Soon Rd is the realigned one. Had more bends previously.

Edited by Kklim
↡ Advertisement