Freak accidents resulting in death

Stan10

But only the tyre area is serious lo.

very serious liao loh... because X5 is high...

if XC90, I think only license plate fall off... :secret-laugh:

• Praise 1

very serious liao loh... because X5 is high...

if XC90, I think only license plate fall off... :secret-laugh:

You mean licence plate got scratch only. [laugh]. So when you getting the new Thor hammer wielding elephant with B&W earmuffs?

You mean licence plate got scratch only. [laugh]. So when you getting the new Thor hammer wielding elephant with B&W earmuffs?

That's if the license plate also by Volvo lah...

normal license plate don't fall off already arm chio liao...

yesterday talk license plate fall off... today my Impreza license plate nearly fall off... basket!

by the way I tried the new XC90... too class and luxurious for an ah beng like me... :secret-laugh:

cannot afford lah!

That's if the license plate also by Volvo lah...

normal license plate don't fall off already arm chio liao...

yesterday talk license plate fall off... today my Impreza license plate nearly fall off... basket!

by the way I tried the new XC90... too class and luxurious for an ah beng like me... :secret-laugh:

cannot afford lah!

If you cant even afford the XC60, how to afford the XC90 le?  :secret-laugh:

If you cant even afford the XC60, how to afford the XC90 le?  :secret-laugh:

ya loh... so guai guai stick with the incumbents loh.... still got 1.5years hope tio first price 4D and ToTo twice! :yuush:

Twincharged

The boot area on the elantra is totally gone?!

But it looks like the crumple zone did work well. The car body itself not bent. Only boot crumpled in. Door also never crumple.

But it looks like the crumple zone did work well. The car body itself not bent. Only boot crumpled in. Door also never crumple.

But think usually for a sedan car, if got bang on the boot area, should be only the boot area crumpled in. Cause i know two friends who got bang from behind, car body itself no damage, and the car they were driving were last time sunny and civic lo.

10 killed, 7 injured in tour bus fire
By Choi Ha-young 
Posted : 2016-10-14
Updated : 2016-10-16 

Firefighters examine a tour bus that caught fire on an expressway in Ulsan, early Friday morning. The fire killed 10 passengers and injured seven. / Yonhap

A fire on a tour bus killed 10 people Thursday night on a highway in Ulsan. Seven others on the bus, which was carrying 22 people including a tour guide and the driver, were injured.

About 10:10 p.m., the bus scraped against a crash barrier several times while changing lanes. It then caught fire.

The passengers could not get out because the crash barrier was blocking the door. Some of them managed to break the window and escape, but 10 people could not escape from the smoke and fire, survivors and witnesses said.

Firefighters extinguished the fire at 11:01 p.m. Only the frame of the bus was left. 
The tour guide told police that they couldn't find the emergency hammer, so the driver used a fire extinguisher to break the windows.

The driver, surnamed Lee, 49, claimed that one of the tires went flat and made the bus lose balance. He added he did not doze off. But police suspect he was speeding, based on traffic camera footage and testimony from some of the passengers that the bus was travelling at high speed before suddenly changing lanes. 

Police will request an arrest warrant for the driver for accidental homicide, saying Lee did not drive safely enough. "The driver claims the accident was caused by a flat tire, so we will send the bus to the National Forensic Service for inspection," Choi Ik-soo, chief of the Ulju Police Station, told journalists at a briefing.

Although Lee's record includes instances of driving without a license and driving while intoxicated, it is not yet known whether this case is related to past violations. Lee said he was not drunk.

The bus started operation in February by a company named Taehwa, and the tire has never been exchanged since then. 

Most of the passengers were retirees of Hanwha Chemical and their spouses. They were heading home from Daegu International Airport after returning from a five-day journey to China. Among the 10 fatalities, six were couples.

The 10 bodies were severely burned due to the intense flames, so police and hospital staff members are having difficulty identifying them. Police collected the bereaved families' DNA to identify the bodies, which will take at least five days. 

Meanwhile, two passersby saved and transported some victims by car before ambulances arrived at the scene. "One of them said he was a teacher and disappeared without additional words," said a staff member at a hospital in Ulsan.

• Praise 1

I just had a small accident with a SG car at the JB checkpoint returning back, He scratched my car while overtaking my car without signaling and not ensuring that he had enough space to turn. Wife went out of car to get particulars from the driver who scolded her and said everyone is cutting lanes like he is and hes not at fault and refused to give particulars and drove off. He did this 3 times as there was a jam and we confronted him 3 times.

The thing is we are still considering whether to claim against his insurance or not but the dealer whose making the motor accident report for us had try to make us sign a few forms without good reason

- The claims against 3rd party form, which he said i should sign first even if i havent decided if i wanna claim against the person, as he said will save me the trouble of coming down

- some sort of indemnity form, which he said i i need to sign as i had the accident in JB

Is this normal or is he weird?

Turbocharged

I just had a small accident with a SG car at the JB checkpoint returning back, He scratched my car while overtaking my car without signaling and not ensuring that he had enough space to turn. Wife went out of car to get particulars from the driver who scolded her and said everyone is cutting lanes like he is and hes not at fault and refused to give particulars and drove off. He did this 3 times as there was a jam and we confronted him 3 times.

The thing is we are still considering whether to claim against his insurance or not but the dealer whose making the motor accident report for us had try to make us sign a few forms without good reason

- The claims against 3rd party form, which he said i should sign first even if i havent decided if i wanna claim against the person, as he said will save me the trouble of coming down

- some sort of indemnity form, which he said i i need to sign as i had the accident in JB

Is this normal or is he weird?

If the other party refuses to share their info and drives off, u can report him as hit and run.

As for claims, workshops usually will make u claim your own first, in case they can't get their payment. Even NTUC advice that.

Later after investigation u may be reinstated if they think u are not liable.

One thing.. Have u got photo and video evidence to support your insurance claims?

If not, it might be difficult, may end up 50% 50%.

If the damage costs isn't big and u don't have evidence, one way is to repair and move on.

Invest in a good car cam.

Edited by Solar

Wife went out of car to get particulars from the driver who scolded her and said everyone is cutting lanes like he is and hes not at fault and refused to give particulars and drove off. He did this 3 times as there was a jam and we confronted him 3 times.

I am curious how he cut you 3 times unless you cut him back at least 2 times??

[confused] [confused] [confused]

↡ Advertisement