Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
38 replies to this topic | 40 praises

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:20 PM

Helix
  • Helix
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The shows at 2330h at the Cathay (not cineleisure). How's the jam like over the last night?

I'm planning to skip the main stretch of Orchard Road by using Clemenceau Avenue and then turn towards Plaza Singapura. Are there any alternative routes?

Justice for the 96. YNWA

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:32 PM

Mysteria
  • Mysteria
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

no jam last night 12am.. as in cathay... usually jam will be at paragon stretch.. but dun worry.. on xmas eve or day.. i think it'll be close.. sly.gif

if coming using CTE then exit orchard rd lor.. 1 left turn u'll reach istana liao..

Edited by Mysteria, 23 December 2006 - 01:33 PM.

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:38 PM

Jmsowen
  • Jmsowen
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

watch death note 2 tonight ah??

me also going to watch ...lol

wondering to park at The cathay or at selegie will be better?

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:43 PM

Helix
  • Helix
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Thanks mate. Will be coming from Holland Road and will be making a detour via Mohammed Sultan Road to skip the jam-packed Orchard Road stretch.

Oh yah since you mentioned there will be road closure on some stretch of Orchard Road. Just need to it's not today right?

Edited by Helix, 23 December 2006 - 01:46 PM.

Justice for the 96. YNWA

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:45 PM

Helix
  • Helix
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Yah man...Death Note 2. Think the Cathay ba...it will be more convenient in my opinion.

Justice for the 96. YNWA

Posted 24 December 2006 - 04:07 AM

Guyver
  • Premium member
    Guyver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The parking there is NOT per entry .... I think ....
"I rather be disliked by people for who I really am, than to be liked by people for who I am not."

Posted 24 December 2006 - 03:12 PM

Helix
  • Helix
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

yo, its per entry. $1.05 only. Avoided the main stretch of Orchard road was a good choice.

Justice for the 96. YNWA

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:21 AM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Cathay sells cinema chain for $230m

The founding family that has run the historic home-grown Cathay movie theatre chain for more than 80 years is selling its local cinema operations for $230 million.

Cathay Organisation's Cathay Cineplexes unit will become part of the expanding operations of entertainment company mm2 Asia, the backer of local films such as director Jack Neo's Ah Boys To Men.

Under the terms of the deal announced yesterday, Cathay cineplex staff will stay on after the sale, which is expected to close by Nov 24.

http://www.straitsti...-chain-for-230m

No wonder Cathay's movie selection very limited of late ...

Edited by Blueray, 03 November 2017 - 09:27 AM.

focus

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:25 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Cathay sells cinema chain for $230m

http://www.straitsti...-chain-for-230m

No wonder Cathay's movie selecetion very limited of late ...

The cathay will be closing down end of this month?  :o

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:26 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

"Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it'll spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:26 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

why would the buyer buy liao close down the cinema?

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:29 AM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Until the new owner decides how to re-position and re-launch I suppose.

Cathay name will remain I suppose.

Edited by Blueray, 03 November 2017 - 09:29 AM.

focus

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:35 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Until the new owner decides how to re-position and re-launch I suppose.

Cathay name will remain I suppose.

MM2 bought half of the GV shares and now Cathay, i believe they will keep the names for branding purpose.

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:36 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wow, I guess Meileen has lost the drive to grow the business.

Cathay was once the biggest cinema brand name in Asia under her uncle, before his sudden death, together with much of the senior members of the company. His plane was blew up by the communists in Taiwan.

I hope mm2 will be doing more to build on Cathay's heritage which I always felt Meileen could have done more. Old Cathay films are harder to find than Shaw movies - OK, heritage is not a profitable business so can't really blame her. The old Cathay Keris studio in Balestier is still there, but closed to public. 

Edited by Roadrunner2029, 03 November 2017 - 09:40 AM.

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:59 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Easier to live off a family fortune than to sustain it?

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:35 PM

andrewyewkc
  • Premium member
    andrewyewkc
    4th Gear
    Author Image

MM2 bought half of the GV shares and now Cathay, i believe they will keep the names for branding purpose.

Maybe movie tickets price will go up. 

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:06 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Be interesting to see what this new operator does.

Years back when The Cathay re-opened it was suppose to be the place for movie buffs, Picturehouse, shops selling movie posters and DVDs etc.

Today The Cathay inside very quiet, and I guess if not for SOTA the place will be ghost town.  [sweatdrop]

focus

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:25 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Be interesting to see what this new operator does.

Years back when The Cathay re-opened it was suppose to be the place for movie buffs, Picturehouse, shops selling movie posters and DVDs etc.

Today The Cathay inside very quiet, and I guess if not for SOTA the place will be ghost town.  [sweatdrop]

i dun really like Picture house and Cineleisure but prefer Cathay at JEM, their theatre is much better than Shaw.

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:28 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

no longer will have the cathay logo spinning around like blades of a fan intro?

i dun really like Picture house and Cineleisure but prefer Cathay at JEM, their theatre is much better than Shaw.

many of my schooling years was spent at cathay cine leisure haha  [laugh]

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:31 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Your school days already got Cineleisure ?

no longer will have the cathay logo spinning around like blades of a fan intro?

many of my schooling years was spent at cathay cine leisure haha  [laugh]

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Planning, Cathay, sneal, preview and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users