Planning to go The Cathay for a sneal preview this evening..

Helix

Neutral Newbie

The shows at 2330h at the Cathay (not cineleisure). How's the jam like over the last night?

I'm planning to skip the main stretch of Orchard Road by using Clemenceau Avenue and then turn towards Plaza Singapura. Are there any alternative routes?

↡ Advertisement

no jam last night 12am.. as in cathay... usually jam will be at paragon stretch.. but dun worry.. on xmas eve or day.. i think it'll be close.. [sly]

if coming using CTE then exit orchard rd lor.. 1 left turn u'll reach istana liao..

Edited by Mysteria

Neutral Newbie

Thanks mate. Will be coming from Holland Road and will be making a detour via Mohammed Sultan Road to skip the jam-packed Orchard Road stretch.

Oh yah since you mentioned there will be road closure on some stretch of Orchard Road. Just need to it's not today right?

Edited by Helix

Cathay sells cinema chain for $230m

The founding family that has run the historic home-grown Cathay movie theatre chain for more than 80 years is selling its local cinema operations for $230 million.

Cathay Organisation's Cathay Cineplexes unit will become part of the expanding operations of entertainment company mm2 Asia, the backer of local films such as director Jack Neo's Ah Boys To Men.

Under the terms of the deal announced yesterday, Cathay cineplex staff will stay on after the sale, which is expected to close by Nov 24.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/cathay-sells-cinema-chain-for-230m

No wonder Cathay's movie selection very limited of late ...

Edited by Blueray

The cathay will be closing down end of this month?  :o

Until the new owner decides how to re-position and re-launch I suppose.

Cathay name will remain I suppose.

Edited by Blueray

Until the new owner decides how to re-position and re-launch I suppose.

Cathay name will remain I suppose.

MM2 bought half of the GV shares and now Cathay, i believe they will keep the names for branding purpose.

MM2 bought half of the GV shares and now Cathay, i believe they will keep the names for branding purpose.

Be interesting to see what this new operator does.

Years back when The Cathay re-opened it was suppose to be the place for movie buffs, Picturehouse, shops selling movie posters and DVDs etc.

Today The Cathay inside very quiet, and I guess if not for SOTA the place will be ghost town.  [sweatdrop]

Be interesting to see what this new operator does.

Years back when The Cathay re-opened it was suppose to be the place for movie buffs, Picturehouse, shops selling movie posters and DVDs etc.

Today The Cathay inside very quiet, and I guess if not for SOTA the place will be ghost town.  [sweatdrop]

i dun really like Picture house and Cineleisure but prefer Cathay at JEM, their theatre is much better than Shaw.

no longer will have the cathay logo spinning around like blades of a fan intro?

i dun really like Picture house and Cineleisure but prefer Cathay at JEM, their theatre is much better than Shaw.

many of my schooling years was spent at cathay cine leisure haha  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement