VW Passat & Polo made in China

Dweller

Just return from shanghai...Found so many Passat & Polo used by the Police, resident & of course the TAXI company.

VW made in shanghai is so cheap. Saw the police also using passat 1.8T & the V6 engine.

上海大众......aka VW

↡ Advertisement

however, the built quality is low standard. cant compare with the euporean inported. heard local dealer might consider bringing in from china to lower cost at showroom (in the name of increasing profits!!).

He just bs you leh, China cars are LHD, how to bring to Singapore? Unless they also developed for other market like India.

He just bs you leh, China cars are LHD, how to bring to Singapore? Unless they also developed for other market like India.

Don't think it come from China..VW had been produced in China for many many years...mainly to serve domestic market in China...

http://www.svw-volkswagen.com/zh.html

http://wap.csvw.com/csvw2011/qygk/qyjj/gsjs/index.shtml

Edited by LoverofCar

omg..passat and polo is so expensive in Malaysia..how can it can be a taxi in China? maybe they have assembly factory in China. In Malaysia tax to buy passat is 100%, that mean if car price is 60k, so the buyer must pay 120k for the car. so bad... :angry:

omg..passat and polo is so expensive in Malaysia..how can it can be a taxi in China? maybe they have assembly factory in China. In Malaysia tax to buy passat is 100%, that mean if car price is 60k, so the buyer must pay 120k for the car. so bad... angry.gif

if u take the china passat, u dont feel its a VW. Very thin and hollow

I agree with you on earlier batches, I have been working there for 11 years now. The older models, I cannot comment much on, they were hastly built and sourcing was not that great back than, QC issues.....etc. But the newer batches are really quite good, the standard has improve, these mfg plants at VW and Audi has improved both technically and build attitude.

My favourite was the Passat till the Audi A6 was launched, the inital batches, there was door alignment issues due to type/grade of material used for the door mounts and brackets, when you close the door you can almost see the mis-alignment, the feel was different from cars coming out of Germany for sure.

I guess at the end of the day, the price, the place mfg all play hand in hand. All I can say is the way they move in terms of improvment is mind boggling. Standards have gone up.

Do not be suprise that in future VW and Audi cars that we get will be coming out of China, purely from a price stand point.

Look at the Toyota Camry - from Thailand. I wonder if people can tell the difference from Japaness made ones.

Err one pays so much for Apple products. But they are also made in CHINA.

Supersonic
(edited)

These days if u can get the engine n transmission made in the country where the brand originates, damn good already.

Edited by Baal
  • Praise 1

Err one pays so much for Apple products. But they are also made in CHINA.

for a car.. one pays $100k to 300k.. for a phone, it's $200-$1000... Made in China or whatever, it's just $1k..
↡ Advertisement