Burning smell from car

Curahee

My car keep emit burning smell, if I'm not wrong its from the exhaust pipe. The smell very strong, when i alight to take something from my car boot with the engine on, i go back to my car i can smell my car inside also got that smell. Last time dun have such smell, today use have. Anyone got such experience? What is the problem? My car about half month old with 8000 km, haven't service yet as Honda KM only service car at 10,000km.

↡ Advertisement

Check whether your aircon is set to recirculation mode. You might have accidentally triggered the air intake mode, so all the smelly stuff from outside comes in.

Your car is a very new car, so quite unlikely there is a leak in the chassis.

OT: How on earth did you clock 8000km in half a month? [jawdrop]

(edited)

I do delivery cum sales ma, hence always travel around. Some more i also do errand for my family and driving my sis and finance around after work

Edited by Curahee

Check already, its not something do with the AC mode. The smell is quite strong hence when i open my car door, the smell also can be smell. Last time open car door and close car door, no such smell go inside. This burning smell only exist today, dunno why. When i go car boot and get my thing with engine on, the smell very strong, like something burning, last time dun have such smell, only typical exhaust smell. Kind of worry as i scare it become time bomb and explode... [lipsrsealed][:p]

Neutral Newbie

Hi...I used to have this problem too...upon reach destination , after I alight from the driver seat , i can smell "strong" burning smell near my back wheel near the exhaust...i did not smell it during driving(in the car)

This things go on for 2 day..I also got v worry...

Then u know what?On the second day...I actually squat down and "see thru" the wheel(nearest to exhaust) and I saw a piece of tissue plastic stick onto the exhaust!!

It melt and produced the smell whenever the engine is on...after remove ok liao...

u may want to check the bottom of exhaust too...

Sorry for the long bla bla msg..hope u can understand......hope it will help too... :)

Neutral Newbie

Do be careful if it is really the smell of exhaust. Exhaust fumes have carbon monoxide which will knock you out without you knowing. Typical symptoms start with a headache. Do note that carbon monoxide is odourless.

If you are very certain its exhaust, I would definitely advise that you drive with the windows down and get your car checked immediately.

Neutral Newbie

hmmm.. i will have that burning smell when i floor the accelerator..i understand how you feel.. but have no solution to help you! =x come here share some sympathy.. =Pp

all de best!!

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I think I got the burnt smell when I "floor" (but not so hard though). The last time when I got the burnt smell, I thought could be cos of my rear brake pad burnt or something cos I suspect I may not release the handbrake. Then can hear squeeling sound when light braking and send to agen to check. They say bo tai chi and everything is normal. The other possiblity could be the burnt smell came from somewhere else and came into the car ?

Neutral Newbie

hehe i see. the only time i encountered a burning smell is when i did not lower my handbrake completely and drove on. After stopping the car smelt burning rubber from my tyre area [shakehead]

Thanks all bro. Problem rectify and its a plastic bag tat stuck under the car, kena burn by the hot engine and tats why got burning smell.

↡ Advertisement