How long should pump air after the last pump on the tire?

Hungryforcar

Better FC cos less tyre contact with the road, less friction or rolling resistance. Careful though, over-pressure can reduce braking effectiveness cos the tyres have less grip.

↡ Advertisement

Yup. I overpump slightly so that I do not need to check pressure so often.

But then do you know rationale behind faster pickup for overinflated tyres? [:)]

Hi guys, need a bit of help here. 

I can't seem to pump my tyres up to pressure at the petrol kiosk. Tried pumping it and it didn't sound like it was pumping, just air escaping a little. I pump my tyres at SPC btw. I don't know if there's any right or wrong way to do it, but what I do is just key in 230kpa and connect the pump to my tyre nozzle and press it in hard and wait for the sound of some air escaping and going in. It does not seem to work however. Tried pressing it into the nozzle harder but it still didn't work, instead it gave me the Err1 message. This happened for all 4 tyres. The front tyres look equally deflated or perhaps more so, I can't tell.

I tried going to Shell but I didn't know how to work the pump there (the pump there is different from that at SPC and there was no attendant in sight, or maybe because it's a lady pumping tyres so they disappeared in case I needed help lol joking), so I was left with trying to pump at SPC again. I'm worried because my front tyres are really more deflated than the rear and its quite obvious.

I'm quite a noob at pumping my tyres so I just mimic what others do and agar on my own. 

I would appreciate all the help because I can see that my front tyres are more deflated than the back and the driving is not as smooth. I can feel that the front tyres are underdeflated too. I use my car everyday to travel distances on the expressway so I can't wait till the weekend to go to the workshop. 

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on the correct way to pump my tyres, hopefully the one at SPC? Am I doing it the correct way? Why do I keep getting the Err1 message? How do I pump my tyres correctly?

Thanks in advance and I apologise if this topic has been beaten to death but I'm hoping I'll get some real help here! :)

I think you should go to your regular tyre shop, or to your regular servicing workshop for help. Most pumps i experienced, do not pump properly when the tyres have very little air pressure.

I think you should go to your regular tyre shop, or to your regular servicing workshop for help. Most pumps i experienced, do not pump properly when the tyres have very little air pressure.

For tyres with little pressure or flat tyre, there's a button on the pump for flat tyre which you have to press first before pumping

Edited by Harlic9

mostly likely e pump's nozzle did not fit properly or the inner linings of the pump's nozzle cracked..

Just go to another station n pump or go to a tyre shop to chk

• Praise 1

Change. Car

so rather.. than ask the pump attendants nearby for help...  one would rather choose to drive around with slightly deflated tyres.. start a new thread and ask forumers who are essentially strangers?? 

really??  :a-confused:

• Praise 1

Small problem, the ball bearings inside your tyre valve out of sync already

go to Autobacs and ask for the VTEC tyre valve

if budget allows, get the DOHC model will allow faster tyre inflation

if Autobacs cannot find, walk around Sin Ming the workshops, should be able to get it

I can't seem to pump my tyres up to pressure at the petrol kiosk. Tried pumping it and it didn't sound like it was pumping, just air escaping a little. I pump my tyres at SPC btw. I don't know if there's any right or wrong way to do it, but what I do is just key in 230kpa and connect the pump to my tyre nozzle and press it in hard and wait for the sound of some air escaping and going in. It does not seem to work however. Tried pressing it into the nozzle harder but it still didn't work, instead it gave me the Err1 message. This happened for all 4 tyres. The front tyres look equally deflated or perhaps more so, I can't tell.

I tried going to Shell but I didn't know how to work the pump there (the pump there is different from that at SPC and there was no attendant in sight, or maybe because it's a lady pumping tyres so they disappeared in case I needed help lol joking), so I was left with trying to pump at SPC again. I'm worried because my front tyres are really more deflated than the rear and its quite obvious.

I'm quite a noob at pumping my tyres so I just mimic what others do and agar on my own. 

I would appreciate all the help because I can see that my front tyres are more deflated than the back and the driving is not as smooth. I can feel that the front tyres are underdeflated too. I use my car everyday to travel distances on the expressway so I can't wait till the weekend to go to the workshop. 

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on the correct way to pump my tyres, hopefully the one at SPC? Am I doing it the correct way? Why do I keep getting the Err1 message? How do I pump my tyres correctly?

Thanks in advance and I apologise if this topic has been beaten to death but I'm hoping I'll get some real help here! :)

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2647224-petrol-air-pump-what-does-er1-and-er2-mean/

ER1: Unstable pressure, faulty hose connector.

ER2: Persistent unstable pressure, faulty hose connector, incorrect supply pressure.

The air pump at petrol stations are usually not well maintained.

The moment you sense air leaking out [instead of filling up the tyre] when you insert the air nozzle, it is very likely that the air pump is faulty [eg. nozzle seal worn out, pressure regulator faulty, air pump faulty, etc....]. You may try to insert the air nozzle again, just in case, we did not insert the nozzle properly. If the air is still leaking out, stop immediately before the tyre deflated further. Go try another petrol station.

• Praise 4

is difficult to teach over here

best it you visit any tire shop or workshop(they are expert) I am sure they are some nice people around you which can show you or demo to you

otherwise can try ask the pump attendant ( petrol kiosk) to show you

base on your msg here, it could be your valve ( some rubber valve stem covered with chrome nice sleeve can caused this problem) that cant take the pump noozle,please approach tire shop for help.

↡ Advertisement