Shaw towers increase parking charge to $2 per entry

Elixir

100% increase........after 5pm weekdays, after 1pm sat and whole of sun.

think its too much, but fren said only $1 what but in unit terms, its 100%...hmm.. what to do, next time if park only park only for 1-2 hrs, will think elsewhere.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

It's only a matter of time that parking rates in CBD area will be increase. The parking lots available inside the restricted area are decreasing as more buildings are being re-developed with fewer parking lots being re-built. Hence there's going to be a shortage of lots. Given that there's more demands than supply, it's only logical that parking charges will only go up sooner or later. At some place, the rate is 4.80/hr during office hours! only URA car park remains at 1.00/half hr.

The aim is ultimately to reduce the traffic in CBD thru ERP, high parking rates, limited parking lots , so as to encourage more ppl to take public trans to work.

Very common for $2/- per entry.

You try STAR Hub Centre, you will be [furious][furious][furious] . In today contact, very hard to find $2/- per entry car park along Orchard Road. Only few building offer that kind of rate.

100% increase........after 5pm weekdays, after 1pm sat and whole of sun.

think its too much, but fren said only $1 what but in unit terms, its 100%...hmm.. what to do, next time if park only park only for 1-2 hrs, will think elsewhere.

I had been parking there for many years. it used to be free parking on sat and sunday. tat time the place was very quiet. normal rates was $1. and it become more crowded. on certain day it was even full.

it was increase to $2 since 3rd Jan 07 but i guess it is still ok.

its fine provide there is lots available rather than to dive round n round plus waiting for lots!

I thk the increment is to regulate the conggestion. i rem last time i can find a lot easily at lower level. now must drive all the way to level 7/8 then can find a lot [sweatdrop]

this is esp so when there is a motorshow or computer fair at suntec

Turbocharged

but still cheaper than say..suntec what..aiya, dun complain le lah..can afford 40k car, $1 increase also complain..

Edited by Shull