Help : Power Tailgate (after market)

Helloworld88

Twincharged

For all those who installed or come as stock power tailgate, can you still operate the boot door manually? I mean sometimes due to height restriction, can only open the boot halfway?

usually well designed stock power tailgate will have safety feature and memory functions:

1) safety, if it detects resistance on closing or opening, it will stop. can you this feature with your hand to manually stop the tailgate before it hits the low ceiling.

2) you can stop the tailgate anytime via the remote or the button at the tailgate.

3) memory function: you can set the level of opening to memory so that each time you trigger it, it will only open to that level.

For all those who installed or come as stock power tailgate, can you still operate the boot door manually? I mean sometimes due to height restriction, can only open the boot halfway?

anyone installed aftermarket power tailgate can feedback/comment of the device ?

now got shop offering at $800 .... really considering ...

• Praise 1

anyone installed aftermarket power tailgate can feedback/comment of the device ?

now got shop offering at $800 .... really considering ...

bought a set of electric tailgate online and diy it to my ride several months ago. Saved me almost $400++ .Never regret it after installing it.

1.It can reuse the same tailgate open-button in my ride.

2.It also have a pushbutton at the driver dashboard to open the tailgate without need to exit car.

3.it also allow me to use my existing keyless keys to open tailgate remotely.

4. it has safety beeper while opening/closing. ( haha its quite annoying after some time aa its pretty loud. i paste a form over it to dampen the sound)

5. It can set the height level and remembers it. ( i set to the highest but it is still lower than stock height due to the electric pole arm length )

6. auto-open if detect obstruction during closing. (safety feature)

Issues:

The contoller box has a firmware in it. Once in a blue moon it hangs and you need power cycle it. otherwis you can't open the tailgate.

recently I added a on/off switch to do the power cycling, if not have to off engine and wait a long while for ride controller to cut supply to the tailgate controller. After adding this switch i also realise that once you kill the power to the tailgate controller, its magnet latch lose power and de-energise and allowing you to open/close the tailgate manually just like stock. haha...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2