Review on Sung Beng Auto at Eunos

Silver_z

My friend went to Sung Beng to have his stereo fixed(pulling of cables for amp and 4 speakers with installation of 4 speakers). He was quoted $400 for the job, which seems ridiculously high. So after some negotiation, the price was dropped to $280 which imo still expensive as I have been quoted $100 for pulling cables and $40 per pair of speakers. Note that all cables and equipment were self provided. Anyway, they claim that they do a detailed job, therefore their prices are so high. Since they claim to be professionals, friend agreed to let them do it. Upon completion and to our horror, we found that they pulled the speaker cables from the amps to the headunit and connect it back to the speakers via the stock cables. Sad... $280 for a job that seems like $80 worth.

Just to warn brudders who are looking for an installer.

↡ Advertisement

"Upon completion and to our horror, we found that they pulled the speaker cables from the amps to the headunit and connect it back to the speakers via the stock cables."

Why don't ur friend go back to them and get some answer? Did ur friend provide them with any speaker cables?

I was a victim before [mad]

Just asking the price for installing the promotion ICE system and the boss said need to check my stock speaker. Next thing I know, they started to fix up my car. [thumbsdown]

As a newbie don't know what to do so just let them fix up. Lesson learnt. [mad]

I have bad impression with their products too. Few years back, I bought a "spit" fire ignition cables, 4 pieces costs more than $200... After fitting, I realised the radio picking up frequencies, in which the radio sounds abit distorted and being interrupted by frequency noise. I went back to their shop few days later, one of their guys test out for me, on the A/C to the fullest and adjust radio volume... They can't solve it.

Guess what the shop owner say? He suggest that I changed my headunit to cure the problem, which I refused. Went to my mechanic, he said, the ignition cable is unable to surpress the frequency thus it can be heard over the radio, suggested I removed it, if not the ECU will be affected due to the frequency in long term...

Personally, from then on, I condemn the shop... Was hoping the day it closes down, because from my point of view, they are not doing honest business, and still they are doing well over the years... Sung Beng... A crook shop...

Neutral Newbie

Bro, 2 years back I was at SB to get my visor. I was a newbie then who just got my first ride. I was quoted $65. I somehow managed to hard bargain till $55. After that then I realise I can easily get $40 plus from outside.

I also asked SB abt K&N filter. Then SB try to hard sell the K&N, and the Cyclone. While showing me the filter inside the shop, there are 3 mech there starting to open my hood and dismantle my air filter box, seems pushing me to install.

Feeling rather uncomfortable, I asked them to assemble all back and told them that I need to consider.

Just an experience for me with SB.

Have went to SB couple of years back with my Bro In Law and the towkay always pushes the 'Cyclone' stuffs [:p] He would show you through his PC on the types of cars being installed and mention about power gain ... etc [rolleyes]

But end of the day, bought nothing from him cos his prices are way too high IMHO as compared to other shops and also his workmanship is so so niah after checking through the forum [:p]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

Isit the 1 near the hawker centre & in front got MRT station..

I went there enquire b4 2 get nextbase portable lcd dvd player.The boss quote me 7inch screen 4 $900+..the model he offered me is an old model some more..box veri dusty...ask 4 price lower..he say cannot..already sellin at cost... [thumbsdown]

I went 2 another place..i got it at $650,+ free rack and best of all the latest model and 8.5inch screen..knn..

Yep. Speaker cables were provided. Now all wasted. Friend end up go to a more reputable shop who charge less and did a great job with Monster speaker cables.

My friend went back to confront, the boss say out of goodwill, will redo the wiring for free. But ask my friend to out of goodwill to give his workers angbao. FOC and give angbao?? WTF! Talk cxxk sia.

Neutral Newbie

me too...i stay at eunos crescent, quite long ago, when i driving my first car, my auto locking system spoilt, go over there as its the nearest shop to get it fix. They just started to fix up the things even i havent agree on the price yet...in the end LL pay up and no more next time liao....avoid at all cost [mad][mad]

Neutral Newbie

True enough, they are still surviving after all these years. I personally encountered their bad service & poor professionalism a few years ago in a motorshow held at Suntec.

I had walked into their booth w/ the intent of of buying some Philips light bulbs & was very confidently recommended the "correct" bulb types for my then Altis even though I reminded the sales guy that mine was not G9.

I immediately went down to the carpark to compare the info in my manual...both pairs were wrong. I had to negotiate w/ the event manager to re-enter the exhibition premises FOC. The staff & boss kept quiet when told of the mistake. Philips did not have the bulb types for Altis then (claimed the boss) & he kept pushing me to top-up for a cyclone or some spark plugs which I was unwilling as my original intent was to buy bulbs, nothing else. By then, I was already making so much noise that it became a small commmotion. The boss asked me to go to his shop the next day to "discuss" about the refund, a suggestion which I had unwillingly agreed in the hope of getting my money back. However when I asked for a specific time to reach his shop, the reply was that he can't commit as he is involved in the motorshow event & hence is busy. Could you believe at what he told me? [shocked]

I understood that he wasn't sincere in refunding me my money right away & I was so worked up that I was almost shouting at him. The whole event took more than half an hour & in the end, he only wanted to refund me not by cash, but by petrol vouchers. I knew that I would not be entitled to station discounts when using Esso/Mobil vouchers but what could I do except to get back my "money" at a loss?