Sprint booster

Stinkray

Hi All ,

Any know more info like pros and cons, price etc....about the Sprint Booster for Swift & Wish ??? Please enlighten.....thanks [sunny][sunny]

↡ Advertisement

I think is the device than stop ur A/c compressor during hard acc. So ur engine no need to work the aircon and help u acc at the same time lor.

When u go up benjamin shears bridge...turn off ur A/c sure can feel the diff. I think that is Sprint booster aka power pass etc?

It's a useless device that only makes driving smoothly harder. It helps amplify your throttle input. In other words, open the throttle bigger than normal for the same throttle pedal input. This device doesn't increase power nor does it decrease 0-100 timing as tested in the real world. If you want a free sprint booster, just step more on the accelerator pedal.

yup, it doesn't in a way help to show more horsies on dyno........but it does help to shorten the delay time fer the e-throttle to react when u pedal-to-metal. Helps alot if u do alot of short sprints, e.g. over taking will be a breeze. [sly][sly][sly]

Aska those contis who hv fitted one. [rolleyes]

Edited by Normal_aspirated

wat i understand abt newer euro5 spec......e-throttle was introduced to meet these emissions specs resulting in delay of throttle response and up size of engine size nowadays. [lipsrsealed]

if u do that, there is some lagtime and subsequent response is for engine to kickdown and engage a lower gear. The SB is cupposed to eliminate some of that. to be fair, some pp have tried it and found it to be quite rough and slightly too sensitive in initial stages. as u can see, those who have not tried it just asks, why not step harder on throttle? I have found that it does cut down on the lagtime and makes for a more responsive drive and pickup. for a 1.6L auto, i find it acceptable.

Had it on my BMW. Thought it was rubbish. We did G-Tech timings and it was the same with or without the Sprint Bullster. The ECU already takes into account the rate at which the pedal is stepped on, therefore applying greater throttle opening in anticipation of sportier driving. Anyway, the BMW already comes with a sports mode which tightens up throttle response. We have no idea what the Sprint Bullster will do the the adaptive ECU that corrects for driving style and traction control.

A lot of people who fitted the device claimed that their cars felt faster, but it's all in the mind. [hur]

Edited by Tanzy

i noe SB dun benefit those ecu c/w "sport" mode, probably i was told by the PUG fellas tats the "sport-mode" is the same thingy as the SB. [rolleyes]

My ride dun hv "sport mode" switch, but it works on my ride and took awhile to adapt to it. Boy, the response is very addictive. [nod]

put it this way, change of rims and wheels can cost say up to 2k? CAI? filter? etc etc etc ... i dun have quotes for many changes and not much budget anyway, so this is one small affordable mod ...

well as they say ... make up your own mind - reference for interested parties :

http://www.sprintbooster.gr/en/index.php?o...ntpage&Itemid=1

Edited by Gz0707

I see i see....i think i am beginning to understand...hmm.

Never drove a E-throttle before. Sigh...cannot stand so much gadgetry between man and machine...Hope they will continue making performance cars with throttle cables for ah peks like me...

↡ Advertisement