Sprint booster

Stinkray

Hi,

I've been using sprint booster for 3 years now. Driving a Merc E200. The difference is between Night & Day.

Many ppl said that it's not suppose to improve 0-100 timing but I think otherwise.

I'ved outrun SLK280, BMW 325,630, 350Z, GTI MkV. The agent never meddle with the booster when sent for services.

They really love it when they come to collect my car for service, all of them mentioned its pickup is not normal for an E200.

Never really dyno-ed but it puts a smile on my face when i step on the accelerator pedal; that's enough for me.

heh I use sprint booster too [thumbsup] But I think most of the car you mention arent really racing with you thus you win.

clear-cut case are SLK280 and 350Z the rest still dun think you can out run if they run with you [flowerface]

Had it on my BMW E46 before. Yes it improves the response but doesnt add more horses to your engine.

2 things to remember about Sprint Booster :

1) It improves throttle response in ALL gears ( including "R" ) so you must be careful in reversing.

2) Some say it causes unnecessary stress on the auto gearbox as it makes the gearbox downshift more aggressively.

I'll share how this device works....

If you step on the accelerator say 10 degrees, the throttle valve will be lifted at 10 degrees.... there for the ratio is 1:1

Sprint booster... works by lifting the throttle valve higher without stepping on your accelerator.... is a placebo effect... no power increment or decrement.

Now with sprint booster....

If you step on the accelerator say 10 degrees, the throttle valve will be lifted at say 20 degrees.... there for the ratio is 1:2

So it opens the valve to an angle without stepping on your accelerator to the supposed degree.......

You would have fully open the valve (only when flooring the accelerator without speed booster) when you are stepping 80% on your accelerator

Hi,

I've been using sprint booster for 3 years now. Driving a Merc E200. The difference is between Night & Day.

Many ppl said that it's not suppose to improve 0-100 timing but I think otherwise.

I'ved outrun SLK280, BMW 325,630, 350Z, GTI MkV. The agent never meddle with the booster when sent for services.

They really love it when they come to collect my car for service, all of them mentioned its pickup is not normal for an E200.

Never really dyno-ed but it puts a smile on my face when i step on the accelerator pedal; that's enough for me.

Dude... those cars can't be bothered with you.... neither can I....

How fast can you go in sg to out run???

200km/h???

Glad you're having fun with your speed booster

Cheers

Hi,

Sprint Booster does NOT add a single HP to your car. It does not make your car more powerful and neither does it improve your 0-100 timing (unless you never step fully on your accelerator).

The theory behind sprint booster (and all other similar devices) is very simple. It alters your throttle cure. When you step 10% on your accelrator, the sprint booster device interpets it as 20-30% or more (it is user definable). When you step 50%, it may intrepret it as 100%, thus max acceleration. This will give you a feel that the car is very "lively" and engine is very responsive and appears to be more powerful than ever.

This device only work with electronic throttle, not traditional cable throttle though. For cable throttle, 10% on the pedal means 10% on the throttle butterfly, cannot adjust one. Hope this clears up the mystery about sprint booster. Its not some magical device that adds more HP to your car.

i think some posters here got it a bit wrong.

sprintbooster removes the LAG. for those rides with a very snappy throttle response (toyota comes to mind), there's really no point in using such a throttle enhancement. will make the drive too manic liao.

many continentals have quite a sluggish throttle response. so the SB will help in this area. it's not just about flooring your acclerator earlier cos the effect is different. it makes the drive much more satisfying. i believe that it does shave a slight timing off the 0-100 but not because of any increase in horsepower.

i believe some installers allow for FOC tryout. go for that. not satisfied don't install, so simple. no risk also.

Neutral Newbie

i do agree..... SB being use on BMW and those big conti car.. really do help alot in the acceleration. if didnt install.. their throttle like 50% dead 50% alive... really need to step hard to get the throttle to work...

Yep, sprintbooster really helps on those auto cars that work on e-throttle. Typically, the throttle response in these types of cars is quite laggy, and thus make the driver feel detached from the experience of driving. The SB does alot to help in this aspect.

A friend of mine even installed it in his Porsche Cayman! "Manic", like another bro so aptly mentioned, is the word that comes to mind when I take a ride in his car!

For manual cars however, don't bother! Our driving experience is as real as it gets, and we need no such gadgetry to aid us in our enthusiasm!!

Yep, sprintbooster really helps on those auto cars that work on e-throttle. Typically, the throttle response in these types of cars is quite laggy, and thus make the driver feel detached from the experience of driving. The SB does alot to help in this aspect.

A friend of mine even installed it in his Porsche Cayman! "Manic", like another bro so aptly mentioned, is the word that comes to mind when I take a ride in his car!

For manual cars however, don't bother! Our driving experience is as real as it gets, and we need no such gadgetry to aid us in our enthusiasm!!

However, don't you feel that its way too overpriced for a device that does nothing to your car? If I am not wrong, most piggybacks offer E throttle control as well just like SB. I would feel that investing in piggybacks such as unichip is way better than on SB and its real power improvement.

i beg to differ. My ride is a turbodiesel manual, and SB makes a huge difference.

doesn't matter manual or auto. toyotas feel sprightly even in auto guise. But manual cars can be sluggish too! my opel CDTI boost kicks in at 1.5k rpm, sure, very early right? but it's totally dead between idle to boost. so overtaking smoothly can be a bit irritating, especially in heavy traffic when i want the precise amount of power for a very specific duration. i could simply pre-empt my overtaking and step harder, earlier, but that's not ideal.

btw, having browsed thru quite a number of topics on this forum, i think SB is not the only product which improves throttle response. seems like there are a number of similar products mentioned on MCF. i have no stake in SB at all. just a satisfied user.

it would be nice if cars came this tunable from the factory. not just on or off with addition of modification. and this is a weakness of SB. it's on or off.. not tunable.

However, don't you feel that its way too overpriced for a device that does nothing to your car? If I am not wrong, most piggybacks offer E throttle control as well just like SB. I would feel that investing in piggybacks such as unichip is way better than on SB and its real power improvement.

if so, then the piggyback is better value. SB is not cheap at $400.

get the piggyback then. it's not abt the product, but rather, the benefit.

i beg to differ. My ride is a turbodiesel manual, and SB makes a huge difference.

doesn't matter manual or auto. toyotas feel sprightly even in auto guise. But manual cars can be sluggish too! my opel CDTI boost kicks in at 1.5k rpm, sure, very early right? but it's totally dead between idle to boost. so overtaking smoothly can be a bit irritating, especially in heavy traffic when i want the precise amount of power for a very specific duration. i could simply pre-empt my overtaking and step harder, earlier, but that's not ideal.

btw, having browsed thru quite a number of topics on this forum, i think SB is not the only product which improves throttle response. seems like there are a number of similar products mentioned on MCF. i have no stake in SB at all. just a satisfied user.

it would be nice if cars came this tunable from the factory. not just on or off with addition of modification. and this is a weakness of SB. it's on or off.. not tunable.

I believe new manual cars uses E throttle instead of cable ones.

I think some can control. Of course, not precise control of the throttle position but at least sllows you to select something like sports or eco mode etc.