Recommendations needed : Low Road Noise, Gd drip wheels for my car

Jeron

Neutral Newbie

Any recommendations ? Currently using Aspec Db and I dont think it is good. Road noise is quite loud and bumpy on uneven roads..

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

It's not the tyres, it's your car.[sly]

U mean after changing tyres going over uneven roads it'll 'eat' the bumps? [dizzy]

Road noise sometimes have to do with tarmac also. Some roads in sg have very rough surface even with good tyres also loud. But u can always wear ear mufflers or ear plugs. [sly]

Bro, for good grips tyres you'll most likely have to sacrifice the comfort of having low noise [:)]

Good Grip = Higher Noise

Average or lousy Grip = Low noise [;)]

Aspec DB is consider to be 1 of the quiet tyre but it has [thumbsdown] grip during wet weather [:|]

i'm using ST115.. the grip is good on wet..

the noise.. is horrible.. but i dun care lah..

what's noise as compared to safety on wet road man...

think my next tires will be even more noisy... i want the safest tires for me.. hahhaa

[drivingcar][drivingcar][drivingcar][drivingcar]

Hi, sorry for bringing up a old thread. Can't start a new thread although I joined some time back because I don't have 25 post.

I am looking at replacing my tyres. My tyre size is 205/65/r15. Currently I am using yokohama db es501. Never found them to be that quiet or soft from the first day and after all this time, they are getting really noisy. Grip is also quite average. I was using bridgestone tyre prior to that, not sure what model, but it was the stock tyre for my car. The bridgestone was quieter, but grip was really bad.

What is the current favourite for low noise with good grip tyres? I don't mean high performance grip, but just good grip. Don't mind tyres that wear out faster because my car only travel few thousand km each year, so tyre probably harden before wear out. My car is not used for hard or fast driving.

I remember the showroom test drive model of my current car had michelin(not sure model) and it was much softer and quieter than the bridgestone and yokohama I have. Is all michelin nowadays make in thai? Got jap or europe made ones? I remember having thai made michelin when I was a kid and while it was pretty quiet brand new, it got noisy really soon.

So can any kind soul recommend me a tyre that is quiet with good grip and is not made in thailand? Don't need super handling or road feel. Budget at most can only stretch to $300/tyre.

Hi, sorry for bringing up a old thread. Can't start a new thread although I joined some time back because I don't have 25 post.

I am looking at replacing my tyres. My tyre size is 205/65/r15. Currently I am using yokohama db es501. Never found them to be that quiet or soft from the first day and after all this time, they are getting really noisy. Grip is also quite average. I was using bridgestone tyre prior to that, not sure what model, but it was the stock tyre for my car. The bridgestone was quieter, but grip was really bad.

What is the current favourite for low noise with good grip tyres? I don't mean high performance grip, but just good grip. Don't mind tyres that wear out faster because my car only travel few thousand km each year, so tyre probably harden before wear out. My car is not used for hard or fast driving.

I remember the showroom test drive model of my current car had michelin(not sure model) and it was much softer and quieter than the bridgestone and yokohama I have. Is all michelin nowadays make in thai? Got jap or europe made ones? I remember having thai made michelin when I was a kid and while it was pretty quiet brand new, it got noisy really soon.

So can any kind soul recommend me a tyre that is quiet with good grip and is not made in thailand? Don't need super handling or road feel. Budget at most can only stretch to $300/tyre.

wat car?

205/65/15 sounds like camry?

i assume it is since its the camry size, and previously was giving bridgestone and currently michelin

camry stock previously was er30, now michelin vivacy

u can try goodyear LS3000 hybrid or excellence, it should be not more than 120 each

autobacs having promo now as well, very cheap for pirelli

$300/tyre = $1200 for full set of 4.

lets say you get the best performance tires on the market- Goodyear Eagle F1. Older models made in Germany but now Made in Thailand. Still good though.

at $105/pc, $420.

Then spend the rest, $780 on sound proofing your car. You would eliminate not just road noise but engine/exhaust noise and get better results from your sounds system.

ok, maybe $780 for sound proofing is too little. maybe set aside $1 to $1.5K to get a professional job done. from then onwards, you can use tires that are noisy as heck but you wont hear it. [thumbsup]

i would never ever sacrifice performance and safety for a quiet ride.

If you find Yokohama DNA dB ES501 oso noisy even from day 1, suggest you wear ear plugs or change to Lexus LS. [:p]

Those tyres are the quietest tyres ard liao.

Bridgestone GR80

Used GR80 before. Quiet and grip is good.

But changed to RE001 now. I feel its as quiet as GR80 but better grip

Any recommendations ? Currently using Aspec Db and I dont think it is good. Road noise is quite loud and bumpy on uneven roads..

Thanks

Aspec Db is a very much quiet tire but it compromises its grip on road surfaces, be it dry or wet. Just don't drive too fast or perform hard cornering or turning can already...

yes, it is a camry, but not the current one, the old one. Not sure year, but it is the last few batch of jap made from borneo. So the stock tyre is er30?

The yokohama es501 is already the quieter option around already? To be very honest, the set I have, even when brand new was not much quieter than the 2years+ stock bridgetstone.

Michelin primacy lc good? Or primacy hp? Roughly how much are these?

Thanks for the suggestion, but think I will skip the soundproofing thing, coz it is already an old car.

↡ Advertisement