Neck Strain

Redcafe10

Jst got my first car(yaris) but after driving for 3 months, i have already been suffering from neck strain twice. I guess it is due to the driving posure.

I have tried to adjust the driver seat but feel very awkard to rest your head on the head support. Do any kaki encountered the same problem? Does getting a head rest helps? If so, any place i can get the head rest?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Driving posture is something that is hard to advise.

Some people like to slouch back and drive, while others like to sit as straight as possible.

It's your body/neck, you should know what's the best position to adopt, right? [:)]

When you say "Head Rest", do you mean those small pillows for the neck? They can be found in most car accessories shops including Carrefour and Giant.

Aiya. Your sitting position is wrong. It'll take some time to get it right so keep adjusting until u get comfy.

Maybe u'r too tense [:p] . Try to relax, no need to go fast but relax.

[reply]

Jst got my first car(yaris) but after driving for 3 months, i have already been suffering from neck strain twice. I guess it is due to the driving posure.

I have tried to adjust the driver seat but feel very awkard to rest your head on the head support. Do any kaki encountered the same problem? Does getting a head rest helps? If so, any place i can get the head rest?

Thanks

Hi,wave.gif

Just curious, how much time do you spent driving each day? I'd assume average person only spend around 1 hours daily on the road, maybe slightly more? If so, I'd guess its not likely the car gave you neck strain, could it? sly.gif

Hi Redcafe10, I agree with what NUTTY has mentioned. That is why before I decide on a car, my critirias are proper support for the lumbar for the waist section, adjustable support on the seat for the thigh, support for the knee and the head-rest.

Whenever my wife, my children and myself use the Lancer, we have to adjust the seats and the backrest to suit each seating style and feel comfortable before we drive off.

It's sad to say that with our advanced technology nowadays, we don't get most of all these adjustable features unless for the higher end vehicles.

I recalled when I owned a 1.6L Hyundai Stellar in 1987 which was then considered a poor man's car, it came with fully adjustable lumbar support, tiltable headrest and even the thigh support which Honda Accord that cost twice the price of the former, doesn't have.

Neutral Newbie

Think it'll take you some time to get used to a particular position. Try and try till you find a posture you feel comfy in. Like someone else mention it could be tense up while driving that's causing a neck strain.

↡ Advertisement