Regarding North South Highway

Wui75

(edited)

110kmh is slow when u are inside your car. Luxury cars are so well insulated that 160kmh feels like 80kmh.

Speed limit is decided on motorist average reaction time & survival rate of crash victims. At 110kmh, u are moving at 30m/sec and 160kmh is at 45m/sec.

Even U.S. 5-lane highways speed limit at 65mph to 80mph never 100mph. Quite a torture for a cars with 5000cc V8 engine.

In a pile-up, only d 2nd or 3rd cars get to see d brakelights of d car in front. After that, drivers behind dun get to get this luxury and ram into d front car creating a chain reaction. D 2nd & 3rd that escaped are also rammed and included in d pileup.

ABS make u stop without skidding but takes a longer distance to do so. Ever hear of drivers complaining that ABS are no good.

Be safe. Play safe. Go faster if safe to do so. There are times when not much cars around.

post-25667-0-77178900-1488892322.jpg

post-25667-0-71064900-1488892424.jpg

Edited by Aaronlkl
↡ Advertisement

Just returned from a drive to Avani Sepang. 

From what I observed, some cars are almost tail-gating at high speeds, on the fast lane.  

Don't know why they need to keep so close. Maybe the back car wants the front car to get out of the way.   

Just came back from KL by car...

Smooth traffic all the way till custom..

Always look at the rear mirror coz anytime will have a Tomahawk homing on you..

Saw many kuku sg drivers cruising on the outer lane at 110 km/h n kallang kabo when kanna tailgated by TCs

• Praise 7

(edited)

hate road hogger at lane 1 ... try drive in germany autobahn

200kmph also kwai kwai keep in inner lane for other to overtake

Saw many kuku sg drivers cruising on the outer lane at 110 km/h n kallang kabo when kanna tailgated by TCs

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

hate road hogger at lane 1 ... try drive in germany autobahn

200kmph also kwai kwai keep in inner lane for other to overtake

Wahhhhhh............. you drove in Germany at 200km/h... [sly]

Power Man .. :a-m1212:

• Praise 1

>200 ... autobahn experince ... awesome

My best advice to all is, unless necessary because you need to visit relatives or whatever, don't drive to Malaysia.

When you can be reading so many real horror stories and criminal acts, sabotage, theft and police bribery, bullies, why still volunteer to be yet another victim ?

Go Penang, buy a budget airline if you can't afford Silkair or whatever airlines. 

Air travel are still statistically multiple times safer than land travel.

Safety check from ground level, crew securty, baggage inspection, engineers perform routine check prior to every take off. 

Why still bother driving up to faraway land and then only to spoil the fun with tired fatigue body.

• Praise 1

My best advice to all is, unless necessary because you need to visit relatives or whatever, don't drive to Malaysia.

When you can be reading so many real horror stories and criminal acts, sabotage, theft and police bribery, bullies, why still volunteer to be yet another victim ?

Go Penang, buy a budget airline if you can't afford Silkair or whatever airlines. 

Air travel are still statistically multiple times safer than land travel.

Safety check from ground level, crew securty, baggage inspection, engineers perform routine check prior to every take off. 

Why still bother driving up to faraway land and then only to spoil the fun with tired fatigue body.

I second not driving to Penang. Take an Air Asia flight there for $50. Reach Penang, then rent a car. Cost is about RM300 per day for Camry/Accord. Drive from Penang to Taiping, to Ipoh, to Cameron Highlands, and return the car to KL. Fly back or coach back from KL. No stress on NSH, yet got wheels to see the pleasant small towns north of KL. Penang to KL traffic is less heavy than JB to KL. Did part of this route and enjoyed it.

• Praise 1

You can see crazy drivers more on weekends and festivities. Some cars are running 160km/hr or more. Now I can see more patrol cars than previously. More speed cameras. Worse of all, more penalties. The bad motorists are causing this.

If everybody use the NS Highway in a proper manner, it can prevent all these. Now you cant enjoy driving. Tension. Man.

Few months back got summons for going 120km/hr.

The world is never perfect Bro.. We'll have to accept that fact. Otherwise there will not be corruption already. no need for police as everyone is not a thief. Sure will have pple wanna zhua their ride to test out the car's limits. Otherwise, where else can they test it out? PIE? CTE?? Kenna caught even worse than RM300.

• Praise 1

Most of the time, staying on left lane will keep you safe from high speed approaching vehicles on the right.

I do not have statistic but have driving feel that NSHW is safer than PIE/AYE/ECP.

If you stay within speed limit and rules, it doesn't matter if there are more patrol cars or stiffer penalties.

Keep adequate distance with vehicle in front and if deemed safe, accelerate to overtake. Usually, the vehicle in front will keep left for you to overtake. Only a few will hog it regardless of whether you honk and high beam it. 

In Holland, it is illegal to overtake from the left (assume right hand drive). I think this rule is good. 

Generally, anticipate traffic, accelerate with confidence when overtaking along a train of heavy vehicles, keep safe distance, drive within a comfortable speed within car and your personal handling limit should keep you safe. 

You can see crazy drivers more on weekends and festivities. Some cars are running 160km/hr or more. Now I can see more patrol cars than previously. More speed cameras. Worse of all, more penalties. The bad motorists are causing this.
If everybody use the NS Highway in a proper manner, it can prevent all these. Now you cant enjoy driving. Tension. Man.
Few months back got summons for going 120km/hr.

• Praise 2

Oh yeah, I wanna add one more that is quite important.

When you are driving and prepare to overtake as you approach slower vehicle, do constantly look at rear mirror to feel for the speed of approaching cars on your right or behind you. Many times, I encounter left keeping vehicle swerve right to the right lane to overtake without anticipating the fast approaching vehicles. This may result in accident if the fast vehicle is not alert. So whose fault? You can't blame the fast vehicle nor you should take all the blame too. All drivers should have good traffic sense to feel and anticipate. As fast approaching vehicle speeding down the right lane, we have to anticipate for such sudden swerve right slow vehicles. The fast vehicle's driver will start to analyse for sign of "wanting to overtake" cars on the left ahead of him and especially those "hesitating" type. I would usually release foot off accelerator and have my foot on brake and allow car to roll forward. If I am confident, I will accelerate to overtake.

During heavy rain when visibility is low, do not drive with hazard light ON. Driver behind can be confuse if it is a breakdown vehicle. We can't have a moving "hazard" right? My practice is to keep left and have my left signal light switch on or if I am on the right, I will keep my right signal switch on to increase visibility for vehicle both in front and behind.

All above are just my opinion and experience which I am sure may would already knew.

Drive safe! 

*AES New Cameras in Operation*

Fitting of AES camera at Gua Tempurung going North at km299.9..is completed and is active. Fine is rm300 no discount ok. So share.

*CAMERA AES 2017*

*North to South*

*Sungai Petani = 95KM (NEW)*

*Pagoh =145.5KM (NEW)*

*Pantai Timur = 255.9KM (NEW)*

*South to North*

*Sungai Petani = 97KM (NEW)*

*Pagoh = 151.4KM (NEW)*

*Taiping = 204.6KM*

*Pantai Timur = 288.9KM (NEW)*

*Kampar = 299.9KM (NEW)*

*Slim River = 375.9KM*

This is additional AES cameras to exiting ones.

They have also random cameras that fitted to centre divider barrier.

Pagoh camera capture your back. Have flash. Don't think at night can speed.

So take care. Drive carefully.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Cruising speed there is about 150-160km/h.

*AES New Cameras in Operation*

Fitting of AES camera at Gua Tempurung going North at km299.9..is completed and is active. Fine is rm300 no discount ok. So share.

*CAMERA AES 2017*

*North to South*

*Sungai Petani = 95KM (NEW)*

*Pagoh =145.5KM (NEW)*

*Pantai Timur = 255.9KM (NEW)*

*South to North*

*Sungai Petani = 97KM (NEW)*

*Pagoh = 151.4KM (NEW)*

*Taiping = 204.6KM*

*Pantai Timur = 288.9KM (NEW)*

*Kampar = 299.9KM (NEW)*

*Slim River = 375.9KM*

This is additional AES cameras to exiting ones.

They have also random cameras that fitted to centre divider barrier.

Pagoh camera capture your back. Have flash. Don't think at night can speed.

So take care. Drive carefully.

Where is Pantai Timur???

Was driving back from Malacca yesterday evening and encountered another group of Tomahawk (at least 20 of them) Speeding at least  160km/h and pushing every other cars to the left. I believed most were Singapore Plates Nissan GTR with some rally stickers on the car and probably relating to some charity event as well. I don't think the NS expressway is suitable for any Speeding events; they are creating potential hazard and accidents to other car users (further  more in other country).    

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2