Regarding North South Highway

Wui75

The speed cam 1 described by u is after Pagoh RR. Don't know if activated but tests were carried out last Wed mid morning. I was among those kenna stopped; the whole northbound route was blocked for abt 15 mins.

Speed cam 2 southbound (@ 145.5 km marker) is active. Several other cars tested it out after I changed to slow lane before approaching it ðð

Think I saw the southbound speed cam and vaguely remember it. Got the big yellow warning signs prior to camera, right? If ganna snap, can only blame yourselves for not following traffic warnings
↡ Advertisement

How is the drive to Desaru like?

Nice, you can go to high speeds on many stretches of E22 and E3, and that's most of the way. You have to go much more slowly when you hit the bridge stretch and the even narrower bits after that where traffic becomes a single fairly congested lane and there are plenty of potholes.

I know. Travelled on E8 before. Very straight and nice drive.

I cannot understand how you can tahan having the parking coupon at the dashboard when driving. Not distracting, meh?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

160kmh is not speeding, but a convoy going at 160khm on right lane is super annoying, they think they own the road cruising at only 160kmh. 

I once met a convoy of abt 20-30 msian plate cars (same model and make) travelling on E1 northwards from Penang. Two lane road and they road hogging at 90km or so on the right lane.

I was hopping mad. Overtook them frm the left lane by leap frogging them when there were gaps. The lead car buay song (cos I was changing lanes pretty aggressively to overtake them) and tried to chase me. I lifted off the throttle. The lead car came beside me (I had already gone back to left lane), bio me, then fell back to rejoin the convoy LOL. What a pointless exercise of ego.

• Praise 1

I just got back from KL yesterday. It is a to and fro journey. I want to share my frightening experience. This AES thing make you drive slower. Reach KL late. Can't rest bcos friends and family got crazy about sending msg on whatsapp all of a sudden. Receiving 50-60 msgs in a short period. No rest. When time to go, kena 5pm after office jam. When I reach Senawang RnR I was a bit weary but decided to go forward to my favourite RnR Ayer Keroh Jenjetas. Bad mistake. 2 Km from the RnR. Close and open my eyes, my car was within inches from left side barrier. Luckily, I pulled away in a nick of time. Or else this could have resulted in a bad crash or worse crash into other vehicles. I must have doze off momentarily. A terrible shock for me. Until now, I am still thinking how things could have easily turn for the worst. This time, thank God, I was lucky.

So please everybody. Take rest as soon as you feel tired. Don't postpone like I did. It could be the last thing that you do.

Drive carefully. Be safe.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

I once met a convoy of abt 20-30 msian plate cars (same model and make) travelling on E1 northwards from Penang. Two lane road and they road hogging at 90km or so on the right lane.

I was hopping mad. Overtook them frm the left lane by leap frogging them when there were gaps. The lead car buay song (cos I was changing lanes pretty aggressively to overtake them) and tried to chase me. I lifted off the throttle. The lead car came beside me (I had already gone back to left lane), bio me, then fell back to rejoin the convoy LOL. What a pointless exercise of ego.

Overtaking and going back into the slower lane... my kids call this buck buck

Turbocharged

I just got back from KL yesterday. It is a to and fro journey. I want to share my frightening experience. This AES thing make you drive slower. Reach KL late. Can't rest bcos friends and family got crazy about sending msg on whatsapp all of a sudden. Receiving 50-60 msgs in a short period. No rest. When time to go, kena 5pm after office jam. When I reach Senawang RnR I was a bit weary but decided to go forward to my favourite RnR Ayer Keroh Jenjetas. Bad mistake. 2 Km from the RnR. Close and open my eyes, my car was within inches from left side barrier. Luckily, I pulled away in a nick of time. Or else this could have resulted in a bad crash or worse crash into other vehicles. I must have doze off momentarily. A terrible shock for me. Until now, I am still thinking how things could have easily turn for the worst. This time, thank God, I was lucky.

So please everybody. Take rest as soon as you feel tired. Don't postpone like I did. It could be the last thing that you do.

Thanks for reminding the folks.. in fact, one should be cautious before starting the drive, wherever the place is, even in SG.

Some time back after a looong day and evening at work I was literally struggling to keep my eyes open.

Good thing that there was a traffic jam on CTE and I had to drive slow.

The speed cam 1 described by u is after Pagoh RR. Don't know if activated but tests were carried out last Wed mid morning. I was among those kenna stopped; the whole northbound route was blocked for abt 15 mins.

Speed cam 2 southbound (@ 145.5 km marker) is active. Several other cars tested it out after I changed to slow lane before approaching it

Yes, you should rest frequently on long drives.

Malaysians not stupid.

AES to make money from fines. Cause you to drive more slowly, needing rest stops along the way.

More stops at RnR to makan, make more money.

Stop at hotel, make even more money with new tourist tax.

When all else fails, crooked police stops to make instant money.

Muayhahahaha.

In my opinion, forget about the speeding enforcement, go as fast as your car, ability and road/traffic conditions allow. Less likely to doze off. But if you do feel the least bit tired, do take rest.

Fines are no biggie, can pay by AXS. If too many and too ex, just change plate loh. Haha. :D

Stopped? The speed cameras I mentioned should be the AES-type they were talking about machiam our PIE/BKE-type permanently stationed ones.

They are similar to the famous one outside KL along E2 when the speed limit was reduced to 90KPh.

Was it because they blocked the traffic to install the Speed Camera 1 which caused the blockage when you were near?

The AES cameras are fixed, unlike those used by their TP under flyovers.

The whole road was blocked after northbound Pagoh RR, for testing of the AES Camera & adjustment the trigger speed & spot.

I have seen mobile camers not manned by TP, just standing there and take photos with very powerful flash. Seen it a few times after Ipoh, before Penang.

U mean on a tripod? On which part of the road; left side grass verge, under flyovers or in between road centre divider?

Plse share the approx area ( road marker, road signs, etc) TIA.

The old speed camera cant capture clearly any vehicle more than 160kmh. That's the rumour. But several years back Top Gear tested a speed camera. Don't know which type. The speed is above 170mph or 274kmh. Note that it is using film. Now digital is much much faster. Don't know what is max speed to beat the system.

(edited)

The old speed camera cant capture clearly any vehicle more than 160kmh. That's the rumour. But several years back Top Gear tested a speed camera. Don't know which type. The speed is above 170mph or 274kmh. Note that it is using film. Now digital is much much faster. Don't know what is max speed to beat the system.

The speed to reliably beat the system is less than 110km/h.

Basically, don't worry so much when in Malaysia. I don't. Just chiong. Only a bit of money at most. As long as you don't hit someone or wipe out, the consequences are nothing compared to here.

Edited by Turboflat4

If you are using the Desaru highway, 3 lane highway into 2 lanes at midpoint. Beautiful bridge. But certain parts of the highway is not level. If you go fast, it is like riding a boat. Toll is about RM8. Tollgate is 3 booth wide. It goes into town not the resorts and beach. Thats a few km away.

If you are using the Desaru highway, 3 lane highway into 2 lanes at midpoint. Beautiful bridge. But certain parts of the highway is not level. If you go fast, it is like riding a boat. Toll is about RM8. Tollgate is 3 booth wide. It goes into town not the resorts and beach. Thats a few km away.
  • Praise 1

V power racing? Go for petron 100 bro.

I couldn't believe that someone actually thought 160 on the NSHW was too fast. No wonder so many sg cars hogging the right lane there. :D

Yup it's always an SG car doing 110

trying to overtake an express bus

also doing 110 and never succeeding

and holding up everyone else.

You can hear them here. The limit

is 110 and I am doing 110 so it's not

hogging. Oh yes it is.

:D

• Praise 1

hi all, 

i just got back from ipoh today , i checked my summons on AXS - EG : ) got 2 summons ( north bound). 

Note : now the cameras are pointing at the back of your car instead of the front plate. They are hard to see from afar and you can only see them when you are like 100m away. 

I believe i have summons as well for south bound ( return to singapore) just want to say keep a look out for them. 

If i have time i try to find out the exact location of the speed cams. 

1) Issued District : BATU PAHAT

2) Issued District : S/RIVER(B/PADANG)

Some are under the bridge !!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2