Simple car alarm system changed + Engine starter installed

Chromas

My alarm system had been giving me some problems lately, eg. shakehead.gif

- super short range unsure.gif

- sometimes unlock, sometimes don't want to unlock. mad.gif

- sometimes alarm activated for no good reason, causing loads of noise for nothing dizzy.gif

I also had a URES (universal remote engine start) that was designed locally by a friend. This little electronic gadget attaches itself to any alarm system to allow for the remote control to be also used to start the car from a distance away.

So when my alarm system finally went hay-wire, I looked around for a few shops to quote me on a simple alarm system change, ie. thumbsup.gif

- able to lock/unlock the car

- able to sound off as an alarm

- no need for fancy shock sensors, gps, two way, blah blah blah features

Most of the shops quoted me around $180 for that shocked.gif. This guy managed to get a set for much lower. thumbsup.gif

On top of that, he re-connected my old URES to the alarm system and now I can start my car from a distance too. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

The URES is pretty neat too, allowing me to set the following things into it:-

- engine crank time

- electrical system delay after engine start, eg. switch on air-con after "x" amount of time after engine start

- pit-stop function up to 20min (let's me remove the key from the car, leaving the engine running and lock the car, good when I may have passenger in the car who wants some safety while I go pay for something nearby or grab a newspaper from a shop)

- turbo-timer function

And to think that my URES was one of the first generation pieces that he designed too. It was previously fitted in my old Vios, but I didn't have time to do it up in my Silvia until last weekend when he changed my alarm system too. And it's very easy to self-set the various functions too, all with the use of the key turns and brake pedal only.

Now my basic alarm system can do the following:-

- Lock/Unlock (arm/disarm) - decent long range now Posted Image

- Finder mode

- Autolock doors only after stepping on brakes 2nd time while driving

- Side indicators blink when any door is open, even when car is off

- URES : Remote Engine Start / Stop (consistent crank time)

- URES : Pit-Stop (set at 15min)

- URES : Delayed electronics on (set at 5 sec)

Universal Remote Engine Starter (ENHANCED Version)

[inline URES.JPG]

post-1-1173765444_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Yes, I changed the battery in the old alarm remote already, still to no avail.

Even when I stood next to the car, it wouldn't work. And to top it off, the old alarm would sound off for no good reason at times (although quite rare) even though the alarm was not squashed somewhere in my pocket but in my hands, actually.

Anyway you changed already...

Also troubleshooting the old set will waste time too...But what I can say about the old set, should be the wires come loose, coz inside the car, the car move and vibrate, should will cause this problem..

Very high possibility as well. Anyway, I was kinda fed up with the range of the old alarm system anyway.

Even when I first had the car, the alarm could only be used when I was around 10m or less from the car, even after changing the battery.

Now with this, I can still make sure that my car is locked from a far away distance, and my friend is asking if I want to enable the trunk release option from that alarm system too (comes built in), just need to buy a simple motor (cheap item, similar to our door locking motor) that will pull on the trunk release

The alarm was around $120 (inclusive of installation) for those with existing alarms and need to change due to faulty alarm system, etc.

The URES is $200 (inclusive of installation) if you were to buy brand new last time. But I think it's cheaper now. It can attach to existing alarm systems to bring on a remote start function.

I found this option cheaper than changing the whole alarm system 2 years ago for my previous car, then a Vios since the stock alarm system was more than sufficient to meet my needs and I only wanted to add on the URES to it.

I've changed the battery for the remote alarm before, to no avail.

Car battery is working fine, since it can still make the alarm sound off for no good reasons.

Waste $$$ changing the battery then find out that it's not the battery's fault.

Remote start good also to scare people when they know there's no one in the car and it starts by itself laugh.gif

i am looking for a gadget like this for awhile....pageguard with the immobilizer 'bypass' ...was quoted 780 bucks!!!! .....daylight robbery....colin...please kindly pm me the contact please...i just need the remote engine start....wonder if your friend can install it on my mazda 6 without rendering my immobilizer useless.....really appreciate it mate.

Actually, you can get the details from the ebay link I posted in the first posting. But I'll PM u his contact.