Period between registration and new car delivery

Sss_man

Hypersonic

i still don't get it

what's the lure of pi cars that make buyers take the risk?

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

$

Special model not available at AD.

$ ... with risk of potential monetary loss makes no sense

special model makes even less sense

$ ... with risk of potential monetary loss makes no sense

special model makes even less sense

Edited by Sdf4786k

It all boils down to $$$. 

Special rare models or better specs models if you have the budget, you can still get the AD to indent for you. Never hear of A D got money dun want to make one. Just a matter of whether you have the cash to pay what they ask for your special indent.  

not when 

1. its cheaper - (every cents count)

2. Better specs than AD

3. More power than the AD

4. better Con - Power then the AD  [laugh]  joking ...

aka.. made in Japen better quality and higher resale value

This PI problem is just like those online love scams....

You get tons of advertisement and examples of people previously cheated by the online love scams

You go online forums, your relatives and friends, everyone tells you not fall for it

Yet the number of love scam cheats is growing stronger than ever.

I guess it is a matter of " It will not happen to me one!" kind of mentality.

Don't believe? Can ask @Radx and @Vid .....they just recently got proposed by a Nigerian lover :D

• Praise 2

g

3 yr ago i was looking at MPVs, and saw Kia launching Sedona worldwide. I called C&C, and they said no plans to bring in. Asked me to check out Kia Sorrento (a 7-seater SUV) instead... 

So, maybe actually have hor (the part in red)...

Don't have la. You never offer to pay high enough...

You offer 500k they will surely indent for you.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

got lah... from 2003 to i think 2008, only PIs had Toyota Wish, while BM only had Toyota Picnic to fight.

Wish was the normal progression for someone owning a Toyota Altis for a few years, got married, started family and want to cater for babies/kids/maid/parents/in laws, etc. and it was affordable (Picnic was $15k or 22% more expensive).

And since can only get Wish from PI, the PIs flourished during that period lor. All other makes of MPVs added up during those years, also less than just Wish alone...

Result was BM 5 yr later, belatedly brought in Wish, but it was Thai made. As a result, PI Wish still held some grounds from that time on...

hmm... i think customers asked BM to bring in Wish in early/mid 2000s, and BM finally heeded the advice...  in around 2008 lor...

can wait or not?

3 yr ago i was looking at MPVs, and saw Kia launching Sedona worldwide. I called C&C, and they said no plans to bring in. Asked me to check out Kia Sorrento (a 7-seater SUV) instead... 

want pee want unique want swee.. difficult la... AD or Pi will do if chia got $100k margin la..kia errr..  

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Don't have la. You never offer to pay high enough...

You offer 500k they will surely indent for you.

that's true.. rule of thumb I heard..OMW 60K they ok to do indent for special model.. how much can make from a Sedona? the trouble..

I agree have. But as my qualifier already stated, it's whether the person wants the model bad enough to stomach the asking price to bring it in.

For higher OMV cars, it makes sense as the additional price might just be a small percentage for the deep pocket customers.

For B&B models, the ADs usually cannot even be bothered to tell the customers how much they want. Because they understand their customer profile and how deep their pocket is without even needing to ask. So it is easier to just say it cannot be done and no need to waste time.

got lah... from 2003 to i think 2008, only PIs had Toyota Wish, while BM only had Toyota Picnic to fight.

Wish was the normal progression for someone owning a Toyota Altis for a few years, got married, started family and want to cater for babies/kids/maid/parents/in laws, etc. and it was affordable (Picnic was $15k or 22% more expensive).

And since can only get Wish from PI, the PIs flourished during that period lor. All other makes of MPVs added up during those years, also less than just Wish alone...

Result was BM 5 yr later, belatedly brought in Wish, but it was Thai made. As a result, PI Wish still held some grounds from that time on...

hmm... i think customers asked BM to bring in Wish in early/mid 2000s, and BM finally heeded the advice...  in around 2008 lor...

can wait or not?

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 1

that's true.. rule of thumb I heard..OMW 60K they ok to do indent for special model.. how much can make from a Sedona? the trouble..

I felt the sedona would offer those scouting for MPVs, a fairly good option, so suggested to C&C.

It's not a one-time deal which they can hope to make a sum attractive enough to them to stomach the trouble.

Estima/Previa is so old, and facelifted time and again. 

Ody is newer, but 3rd row is a bench.

Kia's only MPV now, Carens, is not in that class.

Other MPVs that are of the size of Estima, Ody, would be the more expensive Sharan, or the tall and boxy ones like Biante, Toyota triplets, Stepwagon, Serena.

So if Sedona is not outrageously priced, I think it will give these competitors a good run for the $$, as it's spacious, flexible (3rd row is split, not bench), new.

What they might not get in terms of high margin, they might more than make up for in high qty.

But obviously this view is not shared.

Turbocharged

I felt the sedona would offer those scouting for MPVs, a fairly good option, so suggested to C&C.

It's not a one-time deal which they can hope to make a sum attractive enough to them to stomach the trouble.

Estima/Previa is so old, and facelifted time and again. 

Ody is newer, but 3rd row is a bench.

Kia's only MPV now, Carens, is not in that class.

Other MPVs that are of the size of Estima, Ody, would be the more expensive Sharan, or the tall and boxy ones like Biante, Toyota triplets, Stepwagon, Serena.

So if Sedona is not outrageously priced, I think it will give these competitors a good run for the $$, as it's spacious, flexible (3rd row is split, not bench), new.

What they might not get in terms of high margin, they might more than make up for in high qty.

But obviously this view is not shared.

don't fret.. can still get PI to get it in for u..

i still don't get it

what's the lure of pi cars that make buyers take the risk?

ð

Only reason is no money.

Because the same PI car is usually sold by many PIs, but difference in price between well established PI and unknown PI can be 10k.

Buyer want to save, go with unknown PI, next step come here post for help...

For new model yet to be in Singapore, no PI want to be the first because the testing of vehicle at VICOM will take few months and few thousand dollar. But once this model is tested and approved for local road, the next importer only need to pay few hundred for the test result and a couple of days to be cleared. Piggyback is always the most comfortable.

So those who promise you able to import and cleared in a very short time frame, take it with a pinch of salt. Expect your blood pressure to go up.

Which PI? can give initials?

I bought from Axxxxxxk. ready stock.

Friday secure COE.

The following wed collect car

Auto Premium 

61 Ubi Avenue 2 #03-13 Automobile Megamart

↡ Advertisement