Search
Anti Rust coating undercarriage

• Search this thread
22 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:19 PM

Windwaver
  • Windwaver
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Worth to do it?
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. No profanity, obscenities of any kind and personal attacks on other users.

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:45 PM

Weixiang_06
  • Weixiang_06
    Banned

NOPE... this is singapore..

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:51 PM

Windwaver
  • Windwaver
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Drive 10yrs also no need?
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. No profanity, obscenities of any kind and personal attacks on other users.

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:15 PM

Weixiang_06
  • Weixiang_06
    Banned

look at those coronas, corollas, civic.. those over 20 yrs old... u think they got do anti rust coating for undercarriage? sly.gif

go to malaysia even better. some of them are 30+ yrs old sly.gif

these kind of coating, gimmick lah.. laugh.gif dun need

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:57 AM

Windwaver
  • Windwaver
    6th Gear

That's why loh. I've tried to look around but I noticed most cars dun have that anti rust thingy, still drive up north, no problem.

Sound proofing? Anybody DIY their own proofing? Or do outside better?
Disclaimer:

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:38 AM

Seanboi
  • Seanboi
    6th Gear

all depends on u bro... if just get those cans and ask ppl spray wont cost more than $120.

Last time most of the cars come with Anti-rust coating. Now maybe they wan to cut cost.

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:07 PM

Windwaver
  • Windwaver
    6th Gear

Huh, can meh? Get all those 3M cans and ask people spray? I also want to spray laugh.gif
Disclaimer:

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:19 PM

Seanboi
  • Seanboi
    6th Gear

Can, Almost the same quality or even better as compared to those selling at $300+.

I bought the cans liao... Free den i get workshop to spray the undercarriage

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:00 PM

Ivan96935sg
  • Ivan96935sg
    5th Gear

IMHO, it's not necessary unless u're driving a SUV and constantly exposed to sun, sea and other erosive elements.....rainwater? should be fine....

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:34 PM

Windwaver
  • Windwaver
    6th Gear

Can we spary ourselves or must get those workshop people to spray for us? If they spray, how much?

Thanks!
Disclaimer:

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:55 PM

Djcoolmax
  • Djcoolmax
    4th Gear

if want to spray, think you can only spray certain areas.. cause I've seen the under carriage of some cars that have the anti-rust thing on and it's not on everything. Must also check if the chemicals can handle the heat generated from some parts of the car...
=============
The triple-J.
=============

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:59 PM

Seanboi
  • Seanboi
    6th Gear

I sprayed the wheel arcs myself.

Better to get workshop to spray for u. Last time i asked labour is $45. Spray the whole undercarriage.

material: 1 can $9 to $14

I got the 3M one, cost me $14 per can.

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:02 PM

Windwaver
  • Windwaver
    6th Gear

Not all areas can be sprayed right? How many cans needed for the entire undercarriage?
Disclaimer:

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:59 PM

Seanboi
  • Seanboi
    6th Gear

Better check with ur workshop if they noe where not to spray. Places like exhaust pipe, the cat, etc...

I got 4cans standby liao... Used 2 cans to spray wheel arcs. Total 6 cans.
If u wan thicker, get a few more cans lor... wink.gif

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:18 AM

Boxster
  • Premium member
    Boxster
    4th Gear

Where to get the spray huh? (what do you call it) coz I am interested

My thoughts

Last time car get from AD from japan they do undercarriage anti-rust locally

Now changed to PI car same brand. PI doesn't do it unless specially request?

I say this because the undercarriage don't have the black rough surface on the bottom only see galvanised metal.

(Am I back to the future? laugh.gif )

Y my post on 15 May you all already 16 May?

Edited by Boxster, 15 May 2007 - 07:20 AM.

男人不坏女人不爱
男人有钱就变坏
女人变坏就有钱

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:10 AM

Djcoolmax
  • Djcoolmax
    4th Gear

I did the anti-rust package at KM. apart from the protection, there's also some noise insulation from the road noise. As mentioned in my previous post, not all areas are covered with the protection... so you have to take note if you DIY.
=============
The triple-J.
=============

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:16 AM

Holysniper
  • Holysniper
    Banned

their posts are 16th march and urs 15 may leh.. sweatdrop.gif

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:57 AM

Dipstick
  • Dipstick
    5th Gear

I got mine from Homefix, Thomson Plaza. 3M brand.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

[B]It's not a race. It's better to be late than dead. Drive at a sensible speed. [B]

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:05 PM

Boxster
  • Premium member
    Boxster
    4th Gear

What is the product's name? Thanks wink.gif

Edited by Boxster, 15 May 2007 - 06:06 PM.

男人不坏女人不爱
男人有钱就变坏
女人变坏就有钱

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:54 PM

Seanboi
  • Seanboi
    6th Gear

Wa liao bro, i posted tis quite some time ago liao leh.

I got the most Ex one. The 08883 if i remembered correctly.

http://www.tonita.co...ex.cfm?GPID=133

I still got 4 - 5cans bought liao but haven use.

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users