Chevrolet Captiva

Gz0707

Neutral Newbie

That may be true, but in oz, everyone calls it "rebadging"....

Even the holden commodore is referred to by australian auto columnists as being "rebadged" as a Chevy Lumina when sold in the states. (in Singapore also I believe)

it's not a bad word IMHO, in fact, it shows the business creativity of Holden!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Its considered rebadged if its made by one of the subsidiaries but sold under a different brand name. Why? Because each of these subsidiaries has a certain level of autonomy in its decision making. With the exception of their american firms and daewoo, GM does not have a right to badge it as another brand without approval from that subsidiary. Its like how subaru refused to let one of their cars to be sold as a Saab. Even with parts this is a slight issue as many of the transmissions in the opel/vauxhall range are lotus engineering products which have only been licenced to be used in those models and cannot be made or used with any of their other models.

• Praise 1

Whatever it is... Rebadged or Korean or American or Whatever....

This SUV is just 'GREAT'; 'DIFFERENT' and a PLEASURE to drive [drivingcar]

Neutral Newbie

hi

just got the specs for captiva in my country, but after i know the specs i borring 1/2 liao.

engine 2.4cc automatic

self leveling rear suspension

fabric seat (not leather :(

glove box with cooler

normal aircon (no automatic climate control)

215/70/16 tyre

triptonic transmision 5A/T

smart rear wiper

NVH (reduce noise and vibration)

double airbag

ABS and EBD (no BA)

immobilizer

glass antena

self leverlizer head lamp (no fog lamp)

no signal light on side mirror

no sun roof

no ESP

no cruise control

no lcd display on the dash board

no wood panel

4x2 only.

the price of the car is half of singapore price its abt sg$46k(road tax&insurance not included), is it still worth it to buy?and the torque is 220/2200rpm or 220/4000rpm?

compare to crv is abt sg$51k (road tax&insurance not included)

2.4cc

4x2

leather seat (no electric)

drive by wire

5 A/T no triptonic

17" tyre

immobilizer

ABS and EBD,BA

driver and front pessenger airbag

dual zone automatic climate control

fog lamp

led signal on side mirror

more horse power

better resale value

no sun roof

no VSA

no cruise control

which is a better buy?

Neutral Newbie

Well well, the picture is not for the lady but for the car. ^^

This is juste like how business must go, put a nice lady, and we buy the product.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi there all owners of the Captiva, was the aircon vents a concern when you bought the SUV? Does the car cool down easily with only the front aircon vent? Especially when parked under direct sunlight for a few hours?

This is one of my concerns.

Also anyone changed tyres yet? What is the cost like?

Has anybody tried this SUV off road? If so, how does it perform?

Thanks

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hello guys!

I own a Chevrolet Captiva black, and I find that the lower door panels that is colored gray is fading, how do i maintain the color? the survive is only one year old.buy paxil

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi

Anyone know whether any facelift or new model for Captiva coming to SG shore? I been to komoco to take a peek on the new 2010 Santa Fe facelift model but was dissapointed that it doesn't have cruise control function which i wanted for my next car.

TQ

• Praise 1

Its been 3 years since captiva had launched, any drivers facing any problems with this car? I am thinking of getting a 2nd hand captiva and been reading up, but not much information was given on this ride.

• Praise 1

thats the scary problem ...u will never know until u owned it, cos not many owned this car and not many workshop know this car too.

I heard the spare parts very expensive. Detail servicing cost 2k+

• Praise 1

I've just gotten mine a second hand last year November '10.

I enjoyed driving it and no issues so far, it's spacious and roomy. The drive on the road is firm & comfortable, the view is great as the car is high.

Dislikes:

I dislike the beige interior, it gets dirty easily. The car is a camel. FC is bad, 8 to 9km per litre. It's also underpowered.

Its been 3 years since captiva had launched, any drivers facing any problems with this car? I am thinking of getting a 2nd hand captiva and been reading up, but not much information was given on this ride.

• Praise 1

I've just gotten mine a second hand last year November '10.

I enjoyed driving it and no issues so far, it's spacious and roomy. The drive on the road is firm & comfortable, the view is great as the car is high.

Dislikes:

I dislike the beige interior, it gets dirty easily. The car is a camel. FC is bad, 8 to 9km per litre. It's also underpowered.

CRV get around 9pm per litre.

suv is heavy. At 2 litter, what ever brand also got heavy inertia to overcome during drive off.

Once on cursing speed it is ok

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1