Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:17 PM
How the new ride, thinking of getting one too.
Went to test drive the Captiva FWD last Saturday. We also test drive the Kia Sorento .... didn't try Santa Fe as there is no test drive car around Ubi area. We were looking for a 7 seater SUV, thus the 3 choices in the same class and price bracket.
I personally like the feel of the car as I find Sorento too 'light' on the wheel. It is much easier to get into 3 row seats than the Sorento. The ride is smoother and quieter overall and got better driver side view.
What is has that Sorento doesn't :
- Electric Parking
- Naxtrax System (GPS, reverse camera, USB & ipod adapter, bluetooth, etc.)
- Semi-automatic 2nd row seats collapsing for 3rd row entry (on both sides, Sorento only 1 side can enter !!!)
- Rear glass window can be flip open
- Black leather seats and silver/carbon fibre interior with white illumination and blue backlit (Sorento only brown leather seat which didn't match the black and silver interior and only red colour light display)
It would have been perfect if it has some of the features of the Sorento, like the 2nd and 3rd row air cond blowers, Xenon HID head lamp, LED rear lamp, sun and moon roofs, sports pedals, keyless entry and engine start/stop button ... but then again, they only offer the SX model now and it cost a few thousand more than the Captiva !!!
I can probably get them 'modified' later on anyway, except for the air cond blowers.
Even though the Sorento engine has more HP, I feel the Captiva engine is more responsive. The published FC for the Captiva is less efficient but I have my doubts in those values as they are never accurate. Both has 6 speed automatic gears, so should be energy efficient on the highway.
But the best part has to be who can deliver !!! While I can get the Captiva before CNY, the earliest I can get a Sorento is MAR/APR !!! Why wait I ask myself ?!! And so, I bought the CAPTIVA !!! Can wait to get my car now ... in a few days time !!!
I will update on the FC after my first 1000 km. Stay tuned
Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:17 AM
No regrets buying the car, really powerful and smooth. Been up to Malaysia already .... really powerful lah !!! Can't wait to drive to Genting Highlands !!!
Only setback the fuel consumption is very high. I am getting about 11.5 l/100km average as shown on the display. That's only about 8.7 km/l. I was expecting better since they claimed it can do Combined F/C of 9.2 l/100km ... that's 10.8 km/l. In fairness I do maybe 50% Expressway and 50% normal road. But when I was in Malaysia, on the NS Highway, the consumption goes down to 9 l/100km. One thing I learnt with this car, never idle the car in wait .... kill the engine even for a few minutes ... otherwise consumption goes to 13 l/100km just after less than 5 minutes !!!
On the whole, I think the car is well built and nicely engineered.
- Smooth and quiet ride
- Power Engine, good pick up but burn fuel !!!
- Good Road Holding and feel in control of steering and car .... So easy to drive (that's what my wife claimed)
- NavTrak System ..... so complete, can do almost everything I need with the built-in Bluetooth, GPS, FlashDrive/iPod plug in, etc. !!!
- Not HID but headlight very bright and can adjust level (4 steps).
- Air Cond really cool
- Side Mirror very big, hardly any blind spot except parking but got reverse camera
- Rear Glass Window flip up is very useful especially when (reverse park always) in MSCP
- Driver seat very cosy and comfortable (full electric adjustment)
- Fuel Consumption
- Lack of Storage space when in 7 seater mode
- No place to put the back cover bar when need to 'convert' to 7 seater
- No Side Step, need to install on my own .... already ordered from another company as Alpine Motors don't have side step in stock
- Turning Radius quite large
- Honk sound when remote lock .... can be irritating .... people start to 'stare' !!!
I would suggest you test drive and feel for yourself ...... we are 'made' different and have different 'taste' .... as can be seen in any car forum. Let me know if you need the agent's name ... he is nice chap and service is excellent !!!
Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:49 PM
I am a big fan of CHEVROLET CARS and SUVs!!
Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:11 PM
I am driving a GS300 and wondering if I should change to a SUV as i find sedan really very boring
Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:41 PM
2 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users