Search
Chevrolet Captiva

• Search this thread
124 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:55 AM

Carmaxs
  • Carmaxs
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I do not like 7 seats, four seats more than I like. & Place like a truck, does not show the level

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:17 PM

Jeaprp
  • Jeaprp
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Went to test drive the Captiva FWD last Saturday. We also test drive the Kia Sorento .... didn't try Santa Fe as there is no test drive car around Ubi area. We were looking for a 7 seater SUV, thus the 3 choices in the same class and price bracket.

I personally like the feel of the car as I find Sorento too 'light' on the wheel. It is much easier to get into 3 row seats than the Sorento. The ride is smoother and quieter overall and got better driver side view.

What is has that Sorento doesn't :
- Electric Parking
- Naxtrax System (GPS, reverse camera, USB & ipod adapter, bluetooth, etc.)
- Semi-automatic 2nd row seats collapsing for 3rd row entry (on both sides, Sorento only 1 side can enter !!!)
- Rear glass window can be flip open
- Black leather seats and silver/carbon fibre interior with white illumination and blue backlit (Sorento only brown leather seat which didn't match the black and silver interior and only red colour light display)

It would have been perfect if it has some of the features of the Sorento, like the 2nd and 3rd row air cond blowers, Xenon HID head lamp, LED rear lamp, sun and moon roofs, sports pedals, keyless entry and engine start/stop button ... but then again, they only offer the SX model now and it cost a few thousand more than the Captiva !!!
I can probably get them 'modified' later on anyway, except for the air cond blowers.

Even though the Sorento engine has more HP, I feel the Captiva engine is more responsive. The published FC for the Captiva is less efficient but I have my doubts in those values as they are never accurate. Both has 6 speed automatic gears, so should be energy efficient on the highway.

But the best part has to be who can deliver !!! While I can get the Captiva before CNY, the earliest I can get a Sorento is MAR/APR !!! Why wait I ask myself ?!! And so, I bought the CAPTIVA !!! Can wait to get my car now ... in a few days time !!!

I will update on the FC after my first 1000 km. Stay tuned biggrin.gif

How the new ride, thinking of getting one too.
Thanks

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:17 AM

Kytl68
  • Kytl68
    3rd Gear

Sorry didn't update as promised after 1000KM. I am reaching 5000km soon.

No regrets buying the car, really powerful and smooth. Been up to Malaysia already .... really powerful lah !!! Can't wait to drive to Genting Highlands !!!

Only setback the fuel consumption is very high. I am getting about 11.5 l/100km average as shown on the display. That's only about 8.7 km/l. I was expecting better since they claimed it can do Combined F/C of 9.2 l/100km ... that's 10.8 km/l. In fairness I do maybe 50% Expressway and 50% normal road. But when I was in Malaysia, on the NS Highway, the consumption goes down to 9 l/100km. One thing I learnt with this car, never idle the car in wait .... kill the engine even for a few minutes ... otherwise consumption goes to 13 l/100km just after less than 5 minutes !!!

On the whole, I think the car is well built and nicely engineered.

PLUS Points
- Smooth and quiet ride
- Power Engine, good pick up but burn fuel !!!
- Good Road Holding and feel in control of steering and car .... So easy to drive (that's what my wife claimed)
- NavTrak System ..... so complete, can do almost everything I need with the built-in Bluetooth, GPS, FlashDrive/iPod plug in, etc. !!!
- Not HID but headlight very bright and can adjust level (4 steps).
- Air Cond really cool
- Side Mirror very big, hardly any blind spot except parking but got reverse camera
- Rear Glass Window flip up is very useful especially when (reverse park always) in MSCP
- Driver seat very cosy and comfortable (full electric adjustment)

MINUS Points
- Fuel Consumption
- Lack of Storage space when in 7 seater mode
- No place to put the back cover bar when need to 'convert' to 7 seater
- No Side Step, need to install on my own .... already ordered from another company as Alpine Motors don't have side step in stock
- Turning Radius quite large
- Honk sound when remote lock .... can be irritating .... people start to 'stare' !!!

I would suggest you test drive and feel for yourself ...... we are 'made' different and have different 'taste' .... as can be seen in any car forum. Let me know if you need the agent's name ... he is nice chap and service is excellent !!!

wink.gif

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

Carmaxs
  • Carmaxs
    Neutral Newbie

great car but I have not enough money to buy it

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

GoodCar
  • Premium member
    GoodCar
    6th Gear

Bro, what is your tyre pressure?

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

Sandrajolly
  • Sandrajolly
    Neutral Newbie

I have brought the Chevrolet Spark last year.....I m in love with this car because of its great features...I can say it gives you Comfortable drive on bumpy roads, good fuel economy to save money, gives average of 80 kmpl and on highways of 100 kmpl.I m feeling proud to own this Chevrolet Spark.
I am a big fan of CHEVROLET CARS and SUVs!!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

Anshng
  • Premium member
    Anshng
    2nd Gear

I have driven Holden Captiva in Australia recently and quite like the feel because of the height. It looks similar to captiva here on the outside but the inside is quite different. Anyone know if they are the same car?

I am driving a GS300 and wondering if I should change to a SUV as i find sedan really very boring

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

Mail2mohann
  • Mail2mohann
    Neutral Newbie

Hi Dude, I am planing to buy a chevrolet captiva 2011. Please do let me know the contact person. Cheers
Cheers,
Mohan.N
Visit My Website

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

Donny7
  • Donny7
    Neutral Newbie

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

Any difference for the face lift captiva? The rear seems much nicer when I walked by the show room

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged

I have driven Holden Captiva in Australia recently and quite like the feel because of the height. It looks similar to captiva here on the outside but the inside is quite different. Anyone know if they are the same car?

I am driving a GS300 and wondering if I should change to a SUV as i find sedan really very boring

haha, me too :D

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

Anshng
  • Premium member
    Anshng
    2nd Gear

haha, me too :D

hmm you mean which part?haha

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

Extinguisher
  • Extinguisher
    3rd Gear

Don't you all find the below 2 points to be negative?

1. To access 3rd row seat, you have to fold down and flip up the 2nd row seat. Can't be operated by one hand and that means you can't put booster seat there? Unlike other mpv or suv u just slide the 2nd row forward with one hand.

2. If u access 3rd row from the passenger side, you have to fold down 2 seats of the 2nd row right?

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged

hmm you mean which part?haha

Feel Sedan very boring, thinking To try SUV
Bty, have changed to SUV or still stick on GS300?

Edited by Quantum, 07 March 2014 - 11:32 PM.

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

Anshng
  • Premium member
    Anshng
    2nd Gear

Feel Sedan very boring, thinking To try SUV
Bty, have changed to SUV or still stick on GS300?

Still with the GS300. Haha still got 2.5 years to before. Cannot make a decision so stay status quo. At the prices currently, it doesn't make sense to change too. But recently i went to the see the latest and I am very impressed. With all the features, i am drooling. The key is nice, keyless entry, GPS, cruse control, iPhone connector, touch screen etc.. you should go and take a look!

1. To access 3rd row seat, you have to fold down and flip up the 2nd row seat. Can't be operated by one hand and that means you can't put booster seat there? Unlike other mpv or suv u just slide the 2nd row forward with one hand.

2. If u access 3rd row from the passenger side, you have to fold down 2 seats of the 2nd row right?

Hmm, perhaps it is just a bit more tedious since you need both hands to operate but it is a much taller machine than MPV

As per yr qn 2, i think only one seat will do. Btw i did not own any SUV yet. That is based on what i remembered 

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:20 AM

Scoots
  • Scoots
    6th Gear

If it's the same as the Orlando, Yes to both your point. In that

a. To access the 3rd row, you can flip down the 2 rear seats (it's a single piece 2 seater back rest)  on the passenger side, or the 1 rear seat on the driver side. Both can be activated by just 1 catch on the top of the seat and letting the seat 'fall' forward. Though I find that it's more correct to say that we'd need to 'help' the seat fall forward. So it's whether the individual can assist that with 1 hand or needs 2.

b. For those designs where the mid row slides forward to allow access to the back/3rd row, I believe the back rest will also need to 'angle' forward when performing that function right? Booster still possible? Anyhow, the other option is to fix the booster seat to the single folding (driver side rear) seat

Edited by Scoots, 09 March 2014 - 08:21 AM.

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

Extinguisher
  • Extinguisher
    3rd Gear

If it's the same as the Orlando, Yes to both your point. In that

a. To access the 3rd row, you can flip down the 2 rear seats (it's a single piece 2 seater back rest)  on the passenger side, or the 1 rear seat on the driver side. Both can be activated by just 1 catch on the top of the seat and letting the seat 'fall' forward. Though I find that it's more correct to say that we'd need to 'help' the seat fall forward. So it's whether the individual can assist that with 1 hand or needs 2.

b. For those designs where the mid row slides forward to allow access to the back/3rd row, I believe the back rest will also need to 'angle' forward when performing that function right? Booster still possible? Anyhow, the other option is to fix the booster seat to the single folding (driver side rear) seat

I was considering the Orlando or Captiva but these issues bug me. It's not just booster seat, sometimes you have other items on the 2nd row seat seat. And i much prefer to slide than to fold the 2nd row seat. If these points do not bug you then I think they are pretty fine cars.

As per yr qn 2, i think only one seat will do. Btw i did not own any SUV yet. That is based on what i remembered 

As what I remembered and what Scoot confirmed, it is a one-piece 2 seater you have to fold down on the passenger side.

Edited by Extinguisher, 09 March 2014 - 09:51 AM.

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:20 AM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged

Still with the GS300. Haha still got 2.5 years to before. Cannot make a decision so stay status quo. At the prices currently, it doesn't make sense to change too. But recently i went to the see the latest and I am very impressed. With all the features, i am drooling. The key is nice, keyless entry, GPS, cruse control, iPhone connector, touch screen etc.. you should go and take a look!

Hmm, perhaps it is just a bit more tedious since you need both hands to operate but it is a much taller machine than MPV

did you try Santa Fe, looks more bolder than Captiva?

but heard its fuel guzzler

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

Proton_neutron
  • Proton_neutron
    6th Gear

New 2014 Santa Fe looks like the previous Subaru Tribeca - Ugly. The interior though well built, is quite cramp (3rd row seats feel like an afterthought, small look out window; More like a slot). Hopefully, Komoco can convince Hyundai Korea to bring in the larger Santa Fe MaxCruz model with 2.2CRDi.

As for the facelift 2014 Sorento R, it's a pity Kia did nothing to improve the interior hard plastics build quality. That said, the 3rd row seats can fit adults, but only for short distances. A pity that 2nd row cannot slide fore and aft too (but 2nd row already lacks legroom. If seats can be slid forward, adults can't fit in the 2nd row liao). I've tested the 2.2CRDi model, and the 445Nm is simply shiok! The standard features on the Sorento 2.2CRDi AWD is good as well (ventilated, memory front electric seats, panoramic sunroof, auto parallel park, etc.). Kia is working on a similar model to the Hyundai Santa MaxCruz. Hope it becomes a reality (replaces the Borrego/Mohave).

I'm not sure when the new Captiva will be released. Hopefully soon, as the interior of the Captiva is really getting dated.

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:03 AM

Anshng
  • Premium member
    Anshng
    2nd Gear

did you try Santa Fe, looks more bolder than Captiva?

but heard its fuel guzzler

Hmm nope, i looked at the pictures then don't feel like trying already. Haha. Think Captiva looks nicer. Especially the logo in those movies where they drive a lots of Chevs

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged

Hmm nope, i looked at the pictures then don't feel like trying already. Haha. Think Captiva looks nicer. Especially the logo in those movies where they drive a lots of Chevs

now captiva promotion price 149k only, it's the cheapest SUV in this categroy,

Santa Fe: 189k

Sorento: 178k

CX-5: 175K

RAV4: 189K

CR-V: 186K

Back to American Talk  ·  Car Brands Top

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users