Chevrolet Captiva

Gz0707

I have driven Holden Captiva in Australia recently and quite like the feel because of the height. It looks similar to captiva here on the outside but the inside is quite different. Anyone know if they are the same car?

I am driving a GS300 and wondering if I should change to a SUV as i find sedan really very boring

haha, me too :D

• Praise 1

Don't you all find the below 2 points to be negative?

1. To access 3rd row seat, you have to fold down and flip up the 2nd row seat. Can't be operated by one hand and that means you can't put booster seat there? Unlike other mpv or suv u just slide the 2nd row forward with one hand.

2. If u access 3rd row from the passenger side, you have to fold down 2 seats of the 2nd row right?

• Praise 1

(edited)

hmm you mean which part?haha

Feel Sedan very boring, thinking To try SUV

Bty, have changed to SUV or still stick on GS300?

Edited by Quantum
  • Praise 1

Feel Sedan very boring, thinking To try SUV

Bty, have changed to SUV or still stick on GS300?

Still with the GS300. Haha still got 2.5 years to before. Cannot make a decision so stay status quo. At the prices currently, it doesn't make sense to change too. But recently i went to the see the latest and I am very impressed. With all the features, i am drooling. The key is nice, keyless entry, GPS, cruse control, iPhone connector, touch screen etc.. you should go and take a look!

1. To access 3rd row seat, you have to fold down and flip up the 2nd row seat. Can't be operated by one hand and that means you can't put booster seat there? Unlike other mpv or suv u just slide the 2nd row forward with one hand.

2. If u access 3rd row from the passenger side, you have to fold down 2 seats of the 2nd row right?

Hmm, perhaps it is just a bit more tedious since you need both hands to operate but it is a much taller machine than MPV

As per yr qn 2, i think only one seat will do. Btw i did not own any SUV yet. That is based on what i remembered

(edited)

If it's the same as the Orlando, Yes to both your point. In that

a. To access the 3rd row, you can flip down the 2 rear seats (it's a single piece 2 seater back rest) on the passenger side, or the 1 rear seat on the driver side. Both can be activated by just 1 catch on the top of the seat and letting the seat 'fall' forward. Though I find that it's more correct to say that we'd need to 'help' the seat fall forward. So it's whether the individual can assist that with 1 hand or needs 2.

b. For those designs where the mid row slides forward to allow access to the back/3rd row, I believe the back rest will also need to 'angle' forward when performing that function right? Booster still possible? Anyhow, the other option is to fix the booster seat to the single folding (driver side rear) seat

Edited by Scoots
  • Praise 1

(edited)

If it's the same as the Orlando, Yes to both your point. In that

a. To access the 3rd row, you can flip down the 2 rear seats (it's a single piece 2 seater back rest) on the passenger side, or the 1 rear seat on the driver side. Both can be activated by just 1 catch on the top of the seat and letting the seat 'fall' forward. Though I find that it's more correct to say that we'd need to 'help' the seat fall forward. So it's whether the individual can assist that with 1 hand or needs 2.

b. For those designs where the mid row slides forward to allow access to the back/3rd row, I believe the back rest will also need to 'angle' forward when performing that function right? Booster still possible? Anyhow, the other option is to fix the booster seat to the single folding (driver side rear) seat

I was considering the Orlando or Captiva but these issues bug me. It's not just booster seat, sometimes you have other items on the 2nd row seat seat. And i much prefer to slide than to fold the 2nd row seat. If these points do not bug you then I think they are pretty fine cars.

As per yr qn 2, i think only one seat will do. Btw i did not own any SUV yet. That is based on what i remembered

As what I remembered and what Scoot confirmed, it is a one-piece 2 seater you have to fold down on the passenger side.

Edited by Extinguisher
  • Praise 1

Still with the GS300. Haha still got 2.5 years to before. Cannot make a decision so stay status quo. At the prices currently, it doesn't make sense to change too. But recently i went to the see the latest and I am very impressed. With all the features, i am drooling. The key is nice, keyless entry, GPS, cruse control, iPhone connector, touch screen etc.. you should go and take a look!

Hmm, perhaps it is just a bit more tedious since you need both hands to operate but it is a much taller machine than MPV

did you try Santa Fe, looks more bolder than Captiva?

but heard its fuel guzzler

New 2014 Santa Fe looks like the previous Subaru Tribeca - Ugly. The interior though well built, is quite cramp (3rd row seats feel like an afterthought, small look out window; More like a slot). Hopefully, Komoco can convince Hyundai Korea to bring in the larger Santa Fe MaxCruz model with 2.2CRDi.

As for the facelift 2014 Sorento R, it's a pity Kia did nothing to improve the interior hard plastics build quality. That said, the 3rd row seats can fit adults, but only for short distances. A pity that 2nd row cannot slide fore and aft too (but 2nd row already lacks legroom. If seats can be slid forward, adults can't fit in the 2nd row liao). I've tested the 2.2CRDi model, and the 445Nm is simply shiok! The standard features on the Sorento 2.2CRDi AWD is good as well (ventilated, memory front electric seats, panoramic sunroof, auto parallel park, etc.). Kia is working on a similar model to the Hyundai Santa MaxCruz. Hope it becomes a reality (replaces the Borrego/Mohave).

I'm not sure when the new Captiva will be released. Hopefully soon, as the interior of the Captiva is really getting dated.

• Praise 1

did you try Santa Fe, looks more bolder than Captiva?

but heard its fuel guzzler

Hmm nope, i looked at the pictures then don't feel like trying already. Haha. Think Captiva looks nicer. Especially the logo in those movies where they drive a lots of Chevs

Hmm nope, i looked at the pictures then don't feel like trying already. Haha. Think Captiva looks nicer. Especially the logo in those movies where they drive a lots of Chevs

now captiva promotion price 149k only, it's the cheapest SUV in this categroy,

Santa Fe: 189k

Sorento: 178k

CX-5: 175K

RAV4: 189K

CR-V: 186K

Murano: 191K

Harrier: 185K

Fortuner: 196K

Yea i was told it is the cheapest among the comparables. I am tempted as the specs and size and price is really very attractive and i think the branding seems to be better than japanese cars

Price list not right

Santa fe about 170k, Sorento about 160k for petrol, crv 17xk for 2.0L.

Checked 2months ago and coe also about the same as now

• Praise 1